Blockchain Technologies: Opportunities for Solving Real-World Problems

Good day to the Harmony team,

I’m John from the Philippines, who’s also a small-time investor (if I may say) in Harmony by staking and doing decentralised finance. I’m a doctor in the Philippines and practicing it by profession, I’m suggesting something under the Healthcare sector and for the Healthcare industry. First of all, I would like to thank you for the trust and efficiency that you give to your investors and believers of your project and company, it’s actually a breakthrough after knowing Harmony several years ago by researching and reading the roadmaps as well as future projects under the chain. Now, what I like to suggest is something outside of financial concern and financial security, my suggestion is about an Electronic Medical Records system and a Blockchain-based Healthcare System for patients and professional records of doctors and other allied health workers in and out of the hospitals/clinic and under a certain Blockchain where their records are safe and secure as well as easily retrievable.

I saw a project from Korea that has also have the same concept which is called MediBloc (www.medibloc.co.kr), I’m not promoting any projects by the way. Anyways, they’re listed as $MED which is their native token. They’ve been doing their project as an electronic medical records system (EMRS) under a blockchain but only based on Korea. Another project is under Fetch.Ai who is also working on a blockchain autonomous-mediated electronic medical records system but actually concentrated on Collective Learning as AI-based technology (Collective Learning: COVID-19 | Fetch.ai). What I’m actually have in mind is a simple information of patients bound in a blockchain, so that any hospitals can actually retrieve those information on a get go while also securing those information to avoid identity theft and fraudulent use of it.

I’m saying this because in today’s world, patient’s data are still being kept in papers and at most, eventually lost which is problematic for a lot of people and especially patients, while also thinking about climate change we can lessen the carbon trace of these healthcare business by a lot of percent by minimizing paper-based information safekeeping. In today’s healthcare world, private informations are being stolen for fraudulent use as well as doctor’s identity and data.

Honestly, I’m no genius in terms of blockchain engineering as well as security engineering, I’m just a doctor who simply trades and invest but being a doctor also takes a toll, I also care for my patients as well as people that are in need of healthcare services most especially from countries that are in a developing state as well as poor countries that has really bad performing healthcare system.

So to be straightforward, these are the suggestion I want to write you:

1. Blockchain Electronic Medical Records system

2. A token project that aims blockchain-based life insurance and health insurance. Something like a traditional health insurance like Cigna who offers global health insurance, but what I want to suggest is a global health insurance bound in blockchain that is also verifiable in that specific blockchain.

This project can be forwarded to every hospital in the world to use them and in which educating them (hospitals directors and employees) is the first key to making this proposed project successful and lastly, endorsing it in healthcare societies. If any questions, just leave a message or comment, I’m actually taking this time out of my work time to be able to share my frustration as a doctor as well as for my patients, and digging this idea and just sharing it to this community.

I’ve research a lot about these ideas so I’ll be leaving my references here.

References:

1. Blockchain Technologies: Opportunities for Solving Real-World Problems in Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences (Blockchain Technologies: Opportunities for Solving Real-World Problems in Healthcare and Biomedical Sciences)

2. Application of Blockchain Technology in Healthcare: A Comprehensive Study (Application of Blockchain Technology in Healthcare: A Comprehensive Study)

3. Blockchain in healthcare: A systematic literature review, synthesizing framework and future research agenda (

Blockchain in healthcare: A systematic literature review, synthesizing framework and future research agenda - ScienceDirect)

1. Designing and testing a blockchain application for patient identity management in healthcare (https://academic.oup.com/jamiaopen/advance-article/doi/10.1093/jamiaopen/ooaa073/6131410)

2. Opportunities and Challenges of Blockchain Technologies in Health Care

(https://www.oecd.org/finance/Opportunities-and-Challenges-of-Blockchain-Technologies-in-Health-Care.pdf)

1. Blockchain applications in Healthcare: A model for research (

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2008.05683.pdf)

1. Implementation Considerations for Blockchain in Healthcare Institutions

(View of Implementation Considerations for Blockchain in Healthcare Institutions | Blockchain in Healthcare Today)

1. NCBI Webinar: Blockchain-Enabled COVID Response (NCBI Webinar: Blockchain-Enabled COVID Response | NC DEFTECH)

2. Digital technologies in the public-health response to COVID-19

(Digital technologies in the public-health response to COVID-19 | Nature Medicine)

1. Blockchain, health disparities and global health

(https://innovations.bmj.com/content/7/2/506)

Harmony Protocol is something not just a cross-chain finance, since the blockchain technology is more focused on financing, I believe the team is capable of something more and this idea would change every single thing about healthcare service and the healthcare world thus I shared this idea to you.

Thank you!
Sincerely,

Dr. John Masagca, MD

Profiles:
https://davinci.gallery/profile/jagalleria
drja_one (Twitter)

8 Likes

Thank you @drja_one for sharing this. You seem very passionate about this area and you’ve clearly done a lot of research.

How would you like to spearhead this project yourself? Put together a business plan, assemble a team, create a prototype, then apply for a grant from Harmony to build and launch. Harmony can provide support on many levels, technical, marketing, intro to investors etc.

I’m happy to work with you to flesh this out if you’re serious about it. You can find me on Discord (Giv | Harmony#5499) and Telegram.

Cheers!

3 Likes