Funding 10,000 Web3 Builders

Harmony is driving blockchain adoption by building bridges to all networks.

Below are the strategies and the execution plans for growing Harmony Ecosystem with our $300M+ treasury fund.

There are currently 8 ways to receive funding. They are explained in more detail on harmony.one/apply.

To apply, write out a post on this forum in one of the 8 categories. You should follow the funding guidelines to apply for the appropriate amount of funding that fits the stage of your project.

Category Amounts Requirements
1. DAOs up to $1M per DAO 100 DAOs ($50M). Governors of each DAO have delegated autonomy over its assets and initiatives. Harmony helps define 3 broad mandates, recruit 9 governors, define the deliverables and metrics for the first 3 months, and fund at maximum $1M. We recommend $75 to $350 per hour as the self-assessed salary, 3-month election terms, retroactive peer bonus and performance feedback, 80% passing votes, and openly tracking timesheets and deliverables for each member.
2. Bounties $10K-$200K per bounty 1000 Bounties ($30M). Hunters of each bounty can be anonymous and without commitment. Harmony helps define the scopes, the estimated hours and the deliverables of tasks. We recommend $10K-$200K as a bounty’s reward, small teams of 1-3 persons engaging over 3-12 weeks, and effective hourly rates of $110-$185 – focusing on engineering tasks for our systems, networks, protocols, tools, middle-wares, and services. In contrast, our development DAOs can manage tasks smaller than $10K while business DAOs can incentivize non-technical tasks.
3. Partners $1-10M per partner 10 Partners ($30M). Owners of each partner drive business and corporate development. Harmony commits to cross-chain adoption with industry-leading projects. We recommend $3-5M for each liquidity or marketing campaign over 6-12 months, $5-10M for each acquisition of small teams, and $1-3M for seeding a regional or thematic subsidiary.
4. Ports $50K-$250K per grant 100 Grants ($20M). Recipients of each grant for porting must have achieved product-market fit. Harmony helps scale these thriving projects to our mainnet. We recommend $50-250K each over 4-8 weeks, on projects already with active 10K users, and engaging their teams in public forums. Prime areas of market growths are Play-to-Earn games, musician fan clubs, investment DAOs, portfolio dashboards, and event and collectible curators.
5. Launches $50K per launch 500 Launches ($20M). Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each: $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet, $10K after forming a DAO with its community, $10K after mainnet launch with audit, $10K after 1K users, and $10K for after 10K users.
6. Investments $250K-$1M per investment 50 Investments ($20M). Tokens of each investment are on-chain and semi-liquid. Harmony helps evaluate technical strengths, market potentials, and ecosystem alignment. We recommend $250K-$1M for each check at maximum $10M valuation, collaborate over events and campaigns, and rebalance portfolio quarterly to diversify.
7. Hackathons $1K-$1M per event 10 Hackathons ($10M). Organizers of each event follow our templates to bring in new builders. Harmony has success with Gitcoin, DoraHacks, ETH Global and Devpost with $2M+ campaigns. We recommend hosting our own quarterly hackathons with $1M prizes each, sponsoring $100K workshops for industry-wide conferences, giving $50K keynotes in regional events, and empowering local organizers – with $1K budget for a 20-people event, $5K for 50, and $10K for 100.
8. Income $75/Hour $75/hour Income ($10M) . Engage our community and ecosystem partners on talk.harmony.one. Tag @harmonyprotocol in tweets or email us at hello@harmony.one! Visit open.harmony.one for #ONEbasicDAO on “ONE-to-Earn” ($75 per hour minimum pay or basic income) for builders and creatives; or, #ONEmatchingDAO on peer bonus or retroactive funding on artists or communities.

You may use the direct links to apply:

1. harmony.one/apply-dao
  2. harmony.one/apply-bounty
  3. harmony.one/apply-partner
  4. harmony.one/apply-port
  5. harmony.one/apply-launch
  6. harmony.one/apply-investments
  7. harmony.one/apply-hackathons
  8. harmony.one/apply-income
23 Likes

How to become part with Harmony Ecosystem? To get you started, we offer task bounties, hackathon prizes, launch incentives and many more.

1. I have a working product .

1. I have been running it on Ethereum mainnet. :point_right:t2: Partners | Investments
  2. I have been running it on Polygon or xDAI. :point_right:t2: Grants | Investments
  3. I have a full prototype on Harmony testnet. :point_right:t2: Launches | Grants

2. I have a promising idea .

1. I am converting my 10,000+ users to blockchain. :point_right:t2: Partners | Launches
  2. I am coding a demo in the coming 6 weeks. :point_right:t2: Hackathons | Launches
  3. I need to recruit developers to build. :point_right:t2: Income | Hackathons

3. I want to learn and help .

1. I code backends, web or mobile apps. :point_right:t2: Bounties | Hackathons
  2. I enjoy writing, drawing or making videos. :point_right:t2: Income | DAO
  3. I enjoy giving feedbacks to products. :point_right:t2: DAO | Bounties
5 Likes

After applying with a forum post in the category that best fits your project, you should expect feedback from the Harmony team in the forum thread with:

Strong Yes - the proposal fully aligns with the criteria and budgets on harmony.one/300 and received strong support from the Harmony team and community. The project will be accepted and can begin work towards the milestones. Funding will be provided based on the guidelines on milestones.

Soft Yes - the proposal needs stronger alignment and more clearly defined roadmap and milestones. We will provide guidance and feedback towards a fully aligned proposal.

Soft No - the proposal needs further changes in its scope, roadmap, and milestones in order to be considered.

No - the proposal is out of scope and will not be accepted in its current form. We encourage the team to keep working on their project and consider re-applying after 3 months.

3 Likes

Tax and Legal. For KYC/AML and accounting purposes, send to Harmony in private your driver license (or equivalent identification), phone number and home address. For calculating the amount of ONE tokens as payment in USD, Harmony uses the 24-hour volume-weighted average price using the Binance API (“weightedAvgPrice”) around the time of transfer.

7 Likes

The 1-8 links above are not correct @lij

1 Like

thanks, will update @edbong

2 Likes

I’m working on getting the teams together to learn how to start building on this platform with a group of developers. This is going to work. Many good things just around the corner. Thanks Li!

3 Likes

Any information about DAO creation?

No. Currently all efforts are in compensation for the victims of the bridge exploit.