jia is the decentralized bank for businesses for emerging markets.
We are solving a $5 trillion global crisis – that’s the size of the credit gap for microentrepreneurs and small businesses in emerging markets. These small businesses represent two-thirds of global employment – what better way to connect crypto innovation with real world impact?
We have dedicated our careers to this problem. We are a team that has worked in the first wave of traditional microfinance and the recent wave of fintech lending across Asia, Africa and Latin America. Even with these waves of innovation, we have seen firsthand how small businesses in emerging markets are still excluded from the financial system or charged exorbitantly high interest rates, slow and frustrating processes, and cold customer service, which lead to low trust and loyalty in local banks. We know what it takes to tackle this problem and we won’t rest until we solve it.
We are using Web3 to solve this global problem in a revolutionary way. We are building a decentralized bank for financially underserved MSMEs in emerging markets. Leveraging Web3 innovation, jia will:
- Align interests across the community incentivized by a token economy for decentralized ownership & governance
- Provide a user experience investors & small businesses will love along with world-class customer support to build long-term brand loyalty
- Provide a more efficient origination process with a decentralized underwriting framework, issuing token incentives & punishments to underwriters for their credit decisions
- Create liquidity & provide transparency across off-chain operations through the tokenization of real-world collateral
- Provide a support network onboarding MSMEs to digital economy and start building their Web3 footprints
jia is a bank of, for, & owned by MSMEs.
We know how to scale fintech businesses in emerging markets – we took our previous company from 10K to 10M users across 3 continents in just a few years.
- We will acquire our first businesses the way we know best – through partnerships on the ground, strong referral incentives, and a product customers love so can’t help but spread with word of mouth. We have started by leveraging our business development contacts to build a pipeline of 10 partners in reaching 100K+ small businesses in Kenya. Unfortunately for emerging markets economies, demand for our product is not a concern.
- We will attract investors with strong APY on liquidity and the opportunity to be a part of bridging Web3’s massive digital divide. We have begun by working with DAO treasuries to diversify their investments – while there are many interesting applications of crypto and DeFi, sadly very few of them have reached the developing countries that need those investments the most.
This problem can’t wait. We’re starting NOW.
Here’s our roadmap for the next 12 months:
- Q2 2022: Onboard team & secure market partners
- Q3 2022: Establish local operations: entity, license, customer support and operations
- Q4 2022: Build UI/UX, smart contracts & complete integration with payment rails; complete testing & auditing
- Q4 2022: Launch lending pilot in Kenya
- Q1 2023: Launch lending pilot in the Philippines
We are grateful for Harmony’s $445k investment! This is part of our
USD $4M Pre-Seed Round
Grow our team of passionate changemakers
Expand our community to Kenya and the Philippines
Make a radical social impact across the world
Launch: jia lending product is live in Kenya
Reach: 2,500+ small businesses have joined protocol & applied for credit via jia
TVL: USD $10M+ liquidity raised from Web3 investors for lending
Launch: lending live in 3+ new markets (Philippines, India, Mexico)
Value: deposits product live in 1+ market
Reach: 50,000+ small businesses have joined protocol & applied for credit via jia
TVL: USD $200M+ liquidity raised from Web3 investors for lending