Knights & Peasants - P2E NFT Game

I would like to know who has been assigned to look at this grant application from the Grants Ops Team please.

As a community member I have no questions to ask because the Team at Knights&Peasents has answered them and has gone into great detail in this thread and their discord, they and their community have provided all the information i have needed.

I like the project and i note also they have a thriving community which i believe is important in these projects.

The Team has delivered its Roadmap so far and at a very impressive rate with no effect on quality, as I can see.

The only other feedback that i can give is that i have increased my investment in this project. I believe it is an example that other projects should take note off and that I believe giving this Grant application its due consideration (and hopefully approval) would showcase Harmonys investment in talent on Harmony and provide a mutually beneficial situation where Knights&Peasents can showcase the Harmony Blockchain as the great Blockchain we all know it can be.

3 Likes

This game shows great promise!

There’s a growing community around it and a die-hard team pushing to create something that is fun, original and interesting without aiming to be highly exploitative or effectively a scam.

It’s basically using the EVM to create a kind of boardgame that works by transacting.

It took me a moment to wrap my head around the concepts …
@Shantastic @Darth_Knight @BadAtBlockchain

What are your thoughts about using terms original to the project, rather than LP Farm call it something that refers to the underlying labor the peasants are applied towards(like Kingdom Labor or the name of Public Works project or something ), so that it is clear that this is primarily a game and not a kind of investment product? Either way! Good luck with everything!

I look forward to seeing where they take the project, with or without a grant, but I am curious if @papi has any thoughts on if the team can expect to see any progress on the grant front?

-EDD

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: !

You’re right, we should change the wording of the LP farm to something more suiting. We are actually preparing a big UI overhaul at the moment to increase the immersive feel of our project, so we’ll be taking a closer look not only at renewed visuals but also the wording we have used so far for several of our features.

4 Likes

xD mystery solved hahaha.

For real tho, KnP definitely deserves more attention. Harmony where art thou~

3 Likes

A quick overview of the Knight NFT’s (very TL:DR, just to give an idea for newbies about what they’re buying :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Ecosystem Overview :slight_smile:

Just the words in case the graphic can’t be zoomed in:

4 Likes

Damn it tohster! How many times have i told you! :rofl:

3 Likes

With great power, comes great res… OOO A BUTTON

2 Likes

Bullish With Knights & Peasants :star_struck:
Great and Strong Community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hey team - love what you are doing and have shipped so far. A few questions -

• PvP - I couldn’t find more details in the docs. What’s the player experience like, tell us more
  • I really love the details, the lore, and everything just feels really balanced. What inspired the story?
  • Besides the 2 founders (I think there’s 2), how many devs are involved? Here’s what I’m getting at: I like the game and the Idle RPG; I think PvP will be exciting and we need more of that on Harmony. Do you have the resources you need to see your roadmap through? Or, will you need funding later? If so, we can even help make those intro’s now if you’re interested.
  • Also - you’re asking for $100K; from what I’m seeing right now, a $50K grant might be a better fit and we help make intro’s for you to investors that might want to invest in Knights & Peasants. Would you be open to that?
3 Likes

Hey @papi ,

Thank you for getting back to us, your enthusiasm and for your questions! I’ll go over them one by one:

PvP - I couldn’t find more details in the docs. What’s the player experience like, tell us more

We have not developed a PvP mode yet. The features we have released so far are gamified DeFi features that are essential to our ecosystem and to our upcoming gameplay system. Shantastic listed an overview of all the features we have built so far in this thread, so I won’t repeat them all. However, I will list some of these features here again with some updated metrics and explain why these DeFi features are important to our ecosystem and how they tie in to the gameplay system we are planning, which is unique to Harmony. This might explain why we built these features first, instead of our questing system.

Bank ( $100.2K TVL) - Stabilizes our $KNIGHT token price by providing an incentive for people to hold.

Yield Farms: ( $211.2K TVL) - Provides an incentive for people to provide liquidity to our ecosystem and also enables our Wage farms, a unique concept that provides extra incentives to provide liquidity - incentives that will be used in-game.

Marketplace ( 81.5K $KNIGHT volume - 2.4K in fees 50% burn, 50% quest fund) - Enables people to trade NFT’s that are integral to our ecosystem, like Knights, Peasants and Coin bags. Every future NFT will be tradeable here.

Wage Farms - Built as an extension on top of our yield farms, these farms provide Wage tokens that are used to level up Peasant NFT’s and will later be used to buy items used in-game, like food and potions.

These features will provide a stable foundation for us to build from. There is also another feature we are releasing very soon which supports this ecosystem even further but also Harmony as a whole.

Upon community request, we are building a safe NFT Escrow platform. People will be able to trade any NFT in a secure way. However, this service will not be limited to Knights & Peasants only. Any NFT on Harmony will be able to use this service, adding value to the entire chain. All trades are subject to a fee in the form of $KNIGHT, helping ease people into our ecosystem if they wish.

With regards to your question about gameplay and player experience, we have a vision for the game world of Knights & Peasants, however, we have been focusing on the bread crumbs that lead to the overall product. Among them are the features listed above. Right now, while we have a lot of work done on our questing system, we don’t feel like it is at a standard ready to be proposed to the public yet. In the past we have seen projects pitch their idea before it was ready and this has lead to confusion, FUD and even scared investors off as the original and final ideas can be very different. We are releasing things in an order of ‘impact (so to speak)’ to ensure we have the correct foundations and ecosystem available for when we release, or begin to release, or full game loop.

I really love the details, the lore, and everything just feels really balanced. What inspired the story?

Actually, it’s the warm community on Harmony that had our background story start out in a time of peace and a time of building, which is mentioned in the origin story in our docs. We knew we wanted to start out our story in a time of building as that would align with the features people are engaging with right now: Upgrading Knights to get a sense of becoming stronger, staking Peasants in wage farms to capture the feeling of Peasants earning riches for their Kingdom, etc. Those features tie in with the era that our fictional kingdom of Rensmira is in right now.

We end the story with a hint of that era coming to an end however, which is where our questing system will perfectly tie in.

Besides the 2 founders (I think there’s 2), how many devs are involved? Here’s what I’m getting at: I like the game and the Idle RPG; I think PvP will be exciting and we need more of that on Harmony. Do you have the resources you need to see your roadmap through? Or, will you need funding later? If so, we can even help make those intro’s now if you’re interested.

Other than Shan and me, our core team consists of 2 devs (Hopeslicer and BadAtBlockchain). Besides that, we are working with 2 artists, a lore writer and a sound engineer at the moment, all on a freelance basis. We are a small and nimble team and try to keep costs low. Funding would help keep us afloat and keep delivering at the pace we have done so far, even in the case of a long and extended bear market. We are very open to intro’s and any help with Marketing is greatly appreciated as well!

Also - you’re asking for $100K; from what I’m seeing right now, a $50K grant might be a better fit and we help make intro’s for you to investors that might want to invest in Knights & Peasants. Would you be open to that?

A $50K grant will definitely help us to keep building and we’d be very grateful, however we don’t want to just be able to build for the short term. We are preparing for a long term project with the goal of our team working on this full-time. Our vision is much larger than what we have produced so far, we are simply just getting the ball rolling and building.

Also yes, we’re open to being introduced to possible investors.

Question on our end: you mention that based on what you are seeing now, a $50K grant is a better fit than $100K. What is it that you are seeing now and what makes it so that a $50K grant fits better than $100K?

Thanks again Papi for getting back to us and offering your support, it means alot to us.

6 Likes

Hey all!

Just wanted to share some new updates on the project!

We have added the following today.

Fiat onramp on our app:
We have integrated Ramp SDK into our app to make it possible for people to buy ONE directly with fiat, shortening the amount of steps people have to take to start engaging with our ecosystem and thus improving accesibility.

Dex interface on our app:
We have added a DEX interface, making it possible for people to swap various tokens directly from our app. It still uses the DFK uniswap router, it is just an improvement to user experience overall for people to be able to do everything they need without leaving our app.

Marketplace QoL upgrades:
Rarity rankings on Peasants and an improved UI showing all relevant Peasant attributes in one screen have been added today!

New Music
Another really cool update which is a bit hard to showcase here is that we have added 3 new songs to our website! We have been working with a very talented sound engineer as we want to keep working on increasing the immersiveness of our app and really capture the medieval feel that we are after! Check out our app to listen to them :slight_smile:

What are we working on now?

The NFT escrow platform we are launching is currently done and will be rigorously tested this week until we are 100% comfortable with releasing it. The escrow platform is a boost to our token utility and a good service to Harmony as a whole.

At the same time, we have 2 separate artists working on assets that will be used in the new gamified UI we are working on. One of them is working on buildings which I will share some of here. They will be used as part of a “City interface”, where clickable buildings will take you to various features we currently have rolled out, like the farms for example.

Forester
HuntersLodge
MinersHut

The other artist is working on an absolutely stunning world map, which will play a huge role in our upcoming questing system. Sneak peeks of that will be shared when it’s closer to finished. We are putting together a detailed Medium article detailing what we have planned for this questing system, which is a major feature that will tie all of our existing features together really well. I will be sharing that here as soon as it’s done!

That’s all for today’s update, hope this gives more insight on our recent developments and our future plans :blue_heart:!

4 Likes

@papi would love to hear back from the grant team regarding this popular idle game and its current progress. As we can all see, the team here is working out of passion and they have a strong community backing, including a solid level of financial support, even given the current market conditions. On top of that, Knights and Peasants has repeatedly overtaken other projects for top sales volume on NFT trading platforms, ie: NFTKey over the past months since launch.

I would wager to say that this project is here for the long term and that, with the right degree of funding, they could truly deliver much more than a simple idle game with staking. I really hope to see a launch grant of $50k minimum issued for the K&P team and for them to be able to deliver exactly what Harmony core is asking of its community and developers- games that attract users to our amazing Web3 home!

7 Likes

The team at Knights & Peasants has shown time and time again they are building with passion despite the current market conditions. From the conception of this project they have not only been transparent with their communities but also have hit every milestone they’ve set out to achieve.

They have a great supporting community which is testament to their work ethics… they keep delivering, we keep supporting!

I think they are deserving of this grant because they are not only building their own project on Harmony, they are also supportive of every other project on Harmony by soon to be launching a trusted escrow marketplace for all NFTs on the Harmony chain to be traded, this will help save a lot of people from scammers which we’re seeing so often.

Kudos to the K&P team! You guys are the KNIGHT in shining armor for our beloved ONE

3 Likes

This team is absolutely amazing. I have been in the discord since before mint and can say they have been one of the cleanest run groups.

They communicate very effectively about what is going on. They are actively involved within the discord whether giving updates, and answering questions, or just chatting with everyone.

The amount the have delivered in this short time since mint is nothing short of amazing. Never over promising or under delivering. The Harmony Grant would only strengthen an already top notch project and help propel them forward to even greater heights.

This project is more than deserving of acceptance for the grant.

2 Likes

Hey!

In my last update I mentioned we were working on a Medium article outlining our plans for quests, which will be a huge milestone for our project and give some more clarity on what direction we are taking this!

We have published the medium article, so I wanted to drop it here as well so everyone reading here gets a clear idea as well, @papi : Questing!. Greetings Knights! | by Knights and Peasants | May, 2022 | Medium

4 Likes

I am extremely impressed with this project. And, to be honest, I have been incredibly critical of a lot of highly questionable projects on Harmony. @papi I would suggest just sending them the 50k with an additional 50k milestone to 2+ after mainnet where they have traction.

This is also another reason to implement token swaps instead of grant funding. This is clearly a project that might be worth something. Get a seed round price… that would be good business on Harmony’s end. Grant funding for 50k… and letting them wait for a long time… well… let us instead buy 50k of the pre-seed/seed tokens with a vesting period, and that would probably mean the process of just sending them the money would be a lot faster. In return, they get the 50k of Harmony tokens and they’re happy. Harmony gets 50k of KNIGHT. It’s not a bad deal at this stage.

5 Likes

Hey team - I’m at an offsite this week so, wanted to give you a quick update so you know I’m not ghosting you.

Question - ya’ll requested $100K; are you open to $50K standard grant size? Think about it and let me know and I’ll respond after this week.

2 Likes

Hey @papi : all good, thanks for getting back to us :slight_smile:

We’re absolutely open to a 50K grant. It would mean a lot to us!

Looking forward to hearing back from you, and good luck at the offsite.

PS: Here is a (early) preview of our new design. This is the Quest preparation UI as described in the Medium article. Some changes will be made but this might give more direction on where we’re taking this:

4 Likes

I am so excited to quest on this game and to see what the team has in store for its users :slight_smile:

6 Likes