Seedfarm | Gamifying yield farming

Name of Project

Seedfarm

Proposal overview

Gamification is one of the keys for mass adoption of technology, a way in which one can get familiar with something brand-new. Seedfarm gamifies yield farming.

Social network games made their shot in the 2010s and gained massive popularity.

The idea behind the game:
People love building their cities and farms. Using smart contract tokens as in-game purchasing power allows players to earn money while developing their farms.

Core gameplay:
This is a city-building and farming game. Buildings can be bought with tokens. Each building has its own price and amount of tokens it can farm. Grow crops to receive a bunch of tokens.

A map will contain some unique unfinished buildings. They give additional APR to all of your structures when you finish them. To do it players will have to collect building materials NFTs (and exchange them with other players). NFTs will be given for certain actions (e.g. placing a new structure on the map) or bought in the shop.

Tokenomics:
An inflationary token that can either be bought from DEX (Viper) or staked directly in the smart contract. Enabling farm locks tokens for a period of time proportional to the number of tokens and requires staking amount equivalent to the summation of values of each building. However, farming a part of the map is also available.

A game engine is written in JS, game contracts are written in Solidity.

Team

A team consists of a team-lead (game engine dev), smart contracts dev, front-end dev, and artist.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmytro-sotnyk-333051197/

Proposal ask

$50k

Justification

We are requesting $50k in equity-free contribution

• $10k after deploying Seedfarm dapp onto testnet;
  • $10K after forming DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with Seedfarm and Harmony DAOs;
  • $10k after deploying complete Seedfarm dapp onto mainnet with audit and launch
  • $10k after acquiring 1k users;
  • $10k after acquiring 10K users;

Metrics for success

Metric 1(4 weeks): Deploy Seedfarm dapp on the testnet;
Metric 2 (2 weeks): Organising a DAO of 9 (5-out-of-9 multisig gnosissafe.io), getting first feedback from the Governors (testnet version testers);
Metric 3 (4 weeks): Getting 1000 users onto mainnet launch of the app;
Metric 4 (2 weeks): Grow User Time in Game to 300 hours daily;
Metric 5: 10k active users;

External links

DEMO

https://sneedfarm.tech/MainPage.html

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund

We are in the process of reviewing your proposal. We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

1 Like

Really interesting project, gonna keep an eye on this one.

1 Like

Nice to hear that, we are happy to work with Harmony as we are seeing many opportunities and potential in it. We will work our best to deliver another trustful and interesting app for the ecosystem

Hello @Sam, it has been more than a month since I have applied for a developer grant. However, I did not receive any feedback from you on what I should do. You can check the website and GitHub page - the project is being developed and I am trying my best to deliver the project in the best condition.

1 Like

Project rundown: the latest version has been deployed both to the website and harmony testnet. In the process, I found some bugs which I did not have on the local blockchain and they are yet to be fixed. However, the main functionality works just fine and I would like anyone interested in the project to have a try. I already have a small group of people interested in a project (Telegram: Join Group Chat). Unfortunately, my team lost two members which are not to be replaced yet, nevertheless, SeedFarm keeps on going further !!

Thank you for the update @d3mage and my apologies for the late reply. I’ll be reviewing this in the next 24 to 48 hours and providing you with next steps, feedback, etc. Thank you again and enjoy your day!

Thanks for being so patient while we caught up on proposals @d3mage. I wanted to give some feedback after taking a look at the proposal and demo. First I want to say that I like and appreciate the work you and the team have put into the project.

On the demo itself, it seems that it’s a bit too soon for a launch. The assets, environment, and overall aesthetics appear to need some polish. As for functionality, I’m trying to figure out the goal of the game aside from minting land and generating tokens since there’s no roadmap explaining what utility the token will have.

I would like to ask that we come back to this project once it’s more polished and we have a clearer understanding of the token’s long term utility and some additional information available such as a whitepaper or litepaper, roadmap, and a website that informs everyone what it’s about.

1 Like