The YMCA of WEB3 for Los Angeles CA: VIBRA DAO (Helping Youth and the Unhoused)

Proposal Overview for “VIBRA DAO”

Our mission is to be the YMCA of WEB 3 for the youth of Los Angeles and Surrounding cities by introducing Web3 to underprivileged youth.

Vibra DAO’s purpose is to expose inner city kids to the world of Web3, ages 13-17 years old. In conjunction with WEB3 VIBRA DAO will work with NonProfits that help the homeless of Los Angeles and partner with various orgs to volunteer and provide aid to homeless driven nonprofits.

EDUCATION

How many young kids from bad neighborhoods will not become developers, investors, creators, in the WEB 3 space because they have no idea this world even exists, our goal is to change that and invest in our community.

SERVICE

In conjunction with our educational content we will be teaming up with “Down But Not Out” and “Polos Pantry”, VIBRA DAO will help the homeless of Downtown Los Angeles by having our VIBRA DAO members help distribute food, make care packages for the homeless as well as making connections in the WEB3 to connect Homeless focused NonProfits in Los Angeles in order to help the unhoused emergency in particularly the Downtown Los Angeles area.

EXERCISE

We will also be offering free Jiu Jitsu classes given by our network of Jiu Jitsu instructors, to kids 13-17 for exercise and self defense purposes

EDUCATION

How many young kids from bad neighborhoods will not become developers, investors, creators, in the WEB 3 space because they have no idea this world even exists. We want to change that and invest in our community and at the same time we want to give back by helping the homeless problem of Los Angeles.

VIBRA DAO960×540 41.3 KB

What is a “VIBRA NFT”

All selected NFT holders (13-17) will have a IRL NFT minting of their VIBRA DAO NFT. This NFT will give them access to all VIBRA DAO classes and events until the age of 17. Future programs will be available for 18yrs + members in the VIBRA DAO community via our partnerships with various crypto projects.

Our Mission

Education about Web3: This will be done through constant educational classes covering different aspects of Web3 including but not limited to; What are NFT, Creating designing and marketing their own NFT project, What are Layer 1 & 2, What are DAO’S, Content Creation for our personality dirven kids, Beginners Dev classes for teens as well as events from different projects that would like to showcase their project to the students

Volunteering: We will continue the good work that Down But Not Out has been doing for over 8 years on the streets of Skid Row, by volunteering to this org via making hygiene kits, serving meals, and offering our space to Down But Not Out to help the unhoused receive the proper resources that are given by the city/non profits but are unknown to most people suffering from homelessness.

Community: Because our project is connected with DBNO we already have a large list of dedicated volunteers that are willing to offer their time and expertise to our DAO.

Self-Defense/Health: Free Jiu-Jitsu classes for our members by our Jiu-Jitsu instructors, MAD NFT will be creating special Jiu-Jitu NFT’s for qualified students. We believe that physical health and discipline is a great way for young people to succeed and thrive

Why a DAO

Our motivation for creating a DAO.
DAO’s avoid corruption through transparency this is something that the Non Profit Space desperately needs, true transparency is the only path forward for social good.

Full transparency via blockchain for fund allocation, decentralized voting rights and voting mechanism transparent on the blockchain, as well as implementing a multi-sig wallet for security measures.

The Web3 world is one of decentralization, therefore many donors are driven to give to nonprofits that are transparent in a way that only a DAO can provide.

In order to promote Web3 values in the Web3 space a successful DAO will attract other projects that will want to participate and help in our mission.

The community aspect of a DAO is one of the key reasons why a DAO is perfect for social projects that are trying to help our society and underprivileged youth.

Why HarmonyONE

Harmony by far is the most active project in the Web3 space that is involved in reaching out to the community, they recognizing the importance of DAO’s and how they can help the social fabric of not only the Web3 space but also society at large

HarmoyOne’s Layer 2 speed and low cost transactions is an amazing incentive for anyone that wants to build and transact in a safe and reliable manner especially if donations since fees are next to none.

The ecosystem of DAO’s that HarmonyOne is creating is such a great resource, it may be corny but it’s true “Teamwork makes the Dream Work”, for this reason Harmony’s investments in its DAO’s ecosystem will benefit all DAO’s involved.

EVM compatibility makes future projects that much likely to develop among our students and future donors.

Roadmap for

May 2022

• Start taking applications for low income housing children from 8-16 years old for our upcoming IRL NFT minting.
  • Begin free Jiu Jitsu lessons for 10 children ages 13-17, space and classes provided by our Jiu Jitsu sponsors in connection with our friends at DBNO.
  • “VIBRA DAO” LOGO, Website and Web Design ready to launch
  • NFT Concept and Art Ready for future deployment of smart contracts
  • Buy and Decorate location with SILO NFT Screens and Whiteboard
  • Have Charity event with DBNO and Polos Pantry to raise funds for “VIBRA DAO”
  • 100 Homeless survival packages assembled by “VIBRA DAO Volunteers” cross promotion with Down But Not Out.
  • Volunteer with Down But Not Out in preparing packages for the homeless and pass them out on Skid Row.

JUNE 2022

• Promote “VIBRA DAO” among undeserved high schools in and around the Los Angeles area for upcoming WEB3 class and project presentations.
  • Create Merchandise for Promo and Welcome Packages for Volunteers and Kids.
  • Launch of “VIBRA DAO” website and LOGO
  • First ever “VIBRA DAO” event, NFT art showcase, NFT Lessons with Food and Drinks donated by B-Mans and Alex Di Peppe’s restaurant for 20 future VIBRA DAO kids .
  • Continue free Jiu Jitsu Classes for another 15 kids ages 13-17, space and classes provided by our Jiu Jitsu sponsors in connection with our friends at DBNO
  • Begging working with MADNFTS.IO to create out Jiu-Jitsu NFT program to give to VIBRA DAO members 13-17yrs for free Jiu Jitsu Classes.

July 2022

• NFT IRL Minting for 50 VIBRA DAO (13-17) NFT members (13-17years old).
  • NFT Artist Contest for VIBRA DAO members, winner will have their Art made into an NFT collection
  • Volunteer with Down But Not Out in preparing packages for the homeless and pass them out on Skid Row.
  • Skid Row Photography for future “Charity NFT Collection”
  • VIBRA DAO’s future sustainability**
  • Various charity events, cross-promoted with Down But Not Out and Polos Pantry (i.e raffles, standup comedy shows, merchandise sales).
  • Charity dinner sponsored by B-Man’s Restaurant and Alex’s Di Peppe’s Restaurant
  • GameFi NFT’s loaned to VIBRA DAO members (16+) to use in in-game economy, 25% of proceeds will be given to VIBRA DAO.
  • NFT “SKID ROW COLLECTION” by Artist in Los Angeles (Photography) all proceed will go to “VIBRA DAO”

We are asking for 55K, this would give us about 2 years worth of runway to run Vibra DAO in an efficient manner, for the first couple of years we will not have anybody on payroll it will all be volunteer based. We are fortunate to have a wide list of dedicated volunteers from various nonprofits that will be directly involved in the functioning of VIBRA DAO, but the main contributors and responsibilities will lie within the people listed below.
Several of the expenses listed below are 1 time expenses (i.e Silo Monitors) our efforts is to strive to maximize our budget in the most efficient way possible and give our Vibra DAO members the best experience we can possibly give.

CORE TEAM

Arodi Abraham Bautista
Crypto and NFT Enthusiast, Co-Founder of Down But Not Out 501©3 an organization that has helped the homeless since 2010, they meet every week and provide food and hygiene items to the homeless and low income families of Downtown Los Angeles

Byron Takeuchi
(The B-Man) grew up in the restaurant business. He worked at his Parents’, Spike’s Teriyaki Bowl since they opened in 1976. Byron’s Dad, Bob Takeuchi, was actually the creator of the “Teriyaki Bowl”. In 1990, Byron graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in Hospitality Management and a minor in Business. He began experimenting with various other recipes that didn’t quite fit into the well established menu at Spike’s. He left Spike’s in 1998 and opened B-Man’s Teriyaki & Burgers in 1999.

Michelle Fitzpatrick

Tracy Hansen

Tony Wang

• Our Partnerships

Instagram.com/dbnohelps
Instagram.com/polospantryla

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

1 Like

How is Harmony as a chain going to profit from giving you guys $38k , I can’t see how.

It’s a NO from me.

Goodluck :slight_smile:

This looks like a thoughtful project that could benefit the Los Angeles community, I just don’t see how it would help the Harmony community at large. Jiu-Jitsu is a great sport, I practice it myself, but I do not think it would lead to teenagers wanting to learn to code.

I think that local businesses and donors are the more logical funders for this project as opposed to a global blockchain. This looks like a great way to help the homeless and the local disadvantaged youth, I think that businesses in LA would really see the benefit in the project, and I wish you guys luck. I just do not see the correlation with blockchain or the Harmony network, so I am going to say this should not be funded.

Thank you for your input, but I think your opinion of success are very different from what you think the benefits of this kind of project will have for HarmonyOne

A blockchain that jump starts a DAO that benefits kids and teens in the future is not something I would say does not benefit the Harmony Ecosystem and society at large.

Underprivileged kids have no idea what the blockchain is , they have no idea what being a developer is, or even how BTC works, and will not know until later in their lives. Blockchain is something that is not discussed in underprivileged communities its just not, this DAO is meant to create a brand loyalty and education to a blockchain that god willing will be around for many years to come.

I’m completely fine and respect not getting funding for this project but not for the reason detailed above, they are short cited and somewhat insulting. We are not asking for infinite funding were not a government program. Getting low income communities into WEB3 is something that Crypto in general is not involved in, its hard work because its all done IRL, its not something you see the benefits of in terms of money and users, its called doing a greater good without out asking anything in return. If you feel that this project can attain such a result, thats different, I can respect that, but saying that this does not benefit HarmonyOne is not right in every sense of the word.

In other words, this DAO is the start to get blockchain into the fabric of the community and see how blockchain in particular HaromonyOne can be involved in helping and solve social problems, there’s not particular blueprint for that, only small amount of honest contribution especially for the future generations of low income communities, its not a Jiu-Jitsu thing, “ITS A LIFE THING”.

Thank you for your input, but I think your opinion of success are very different from what you think the benefits of this kind of project will have for HarmonyOne

A blockchain that jump starts a DAO that benefits kids and teens in the future is not something I would say does not benefit the Harmony Ecosystem and society at large.

Underprivileged kids have no idea what the blockchain is , they have no idea what being a developer is, or even how BTC works, and will not know until later in their lives. Blockchain is something that is not discussed in underprivileged communities its just not, this DAO is meant to create a brand loyalty and education to a blockchain that god willing will be around for many years to come.

I’m completely fine and respect not getting funding for this project but not for the reason detailed above, they are short cited and somewhat insulting. We are not asking for infinite funding were not a government program. Getting low income communities into WEB3 is something that Crypto in general is not involved in, its hard work because its all done IRL, its not something you see the benefits of in terms of money and users, its called doing a greater good without out asking anything in return. If you feel that this project can’t attain such a result, that’s different, I can respect that, but saying that this does not benefit HarmonyOne is not right in every sense of the word.

In other words, this DAO is the start to get blockchain into the fabric of the community and see how blockchain in particular HaromonyOne can be involved in helping and solve social problems, there’s no particular blueprint for that, only small amount of honest contribution especially for the future generations of low income communities, its not a Jiu-Jitsu thing, “ITS A LIFE THING”.

1 Like

Hello, @DBNO and thank you for bringing this proposal to Harmony. :blue_heart:

While I greatly appreciate this initiative, unfortunately, Grant Funding has been paused. The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal without prejudice. Please visit our Q3 and Q4 Execution Plan for more information.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAOs patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination.

Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.