HIP-6: increase external voting power to 51%

This makes sense. We’re moving in the right direction here.

1 Like

I feel rather strongly that a failure to perform one’s duties (any AND all duties) as a validator should be taken seriously and, if failure of duties falls into a habitual state; then, corrective and/or punitive actions should be taken. To do so ensures that the blockchain governance mechanism and community will maintain a higher than the minimum and even a higher than average engagement ratio than ever before here and on any other blockchain to date and maybe… forever. Building a strong and unified governance system is absolutely critical in a decentralized autonomous (or semi-auto) ecosystem. A weak governance system will ensure that its subject principles are all but destroyed. This is true and verifiable in both tech, business, and even human social governance.

I support the 51% increase but must, and will continue, to voice my opinion as stated above until, with great hope that someday, my viewpoint will be questioned, analyzed, critiqued, formalized, and adopted. Failure to vote, should have a warning, punishment, and maybe 3rd strike (in X amount of time), then “your out. Grab a seat son, enjoy the show”. (meaning permanent expulsion).

Have a great ONE!
SolidStaker

Thanks a lot for your input. The validator will lose the block rewards if the node is not able to sign the blocks. This is the way to have some economic penalty of the validator. This is already in our protocol and we felt it is enough already. However, we don’t want to further penalize the offline validators as we understand the needs to maintain the node offline.

Feel free to propose and discuss any ideas though. Again, thanks for the comments and input. The network is really governed by all validators.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate being encouraged to remain active as a member. In my wordy rant, I was referring to voting . That is, validators failing to, or refusing to vote.

1 Like

I see your point now. Sorry, I misunderstood the points. We have encouraged every validator to vote on the proposals and made all the tools available. We will keep improving the tooling, but it is really the community to participate in the proposal is the real power of governance. Thanks.

Hi, everyone here, please vote on this proposal in governance app to make it a pass. Thanks.

https://governance.harmony.one/#/staking-mainnet/proposal/QmTXCnvMJYUBDqfjkpnWywgaysCLYgooFqVvHQzEf6k9dQ

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to vote on this for a couple of days now but the data won’t load on the page linked above.

Using Chrome, wallet is connected. Is anyone else having a problem?

Thanks
Dan

1 Like

Yes… very nice… ONE will cross matic ASAP.

1 Like

Seems to be working today, all good!

1 Like

First vote, happy to be involved and I vote yes.

1 Like

Definitely yes. 100% behind this. Go Harmony!

1 Like