Recovery One - Community governance for depegged tokens

The problem with your arguments is that they are disconnected from what has transpired. We’ve replied multiple times to your recycled threats.

We held multiple public spaces to introduce ourselves and to discuss the proposals. We’ve spent hours on Twitter Spaces doing so. We’ve also presented documents that explain our intentions and have released our smart contracts for audit. All of the information in out there, including our personal info (we’re doxxed).

There isn’t some puppet show at work here, we’re presenting a set of options with input from the community and negotiating to move forward with a plan. The greatest detriment to the community is to continue to do nothing at all. If you do not agree with our plan, you’re welcome to post a vote and petition to the core team if it passes. We’re not here to monopolize a recovery and have been welcome to all ideas.

2 Likes

I would have appreciated if you had answered point by point the legitimate questions of 1assets holders, raised in my post that you have hidden, Recovery One - Community governance for depegged tokens - #137 by MaewouOne or at least the links to precise answers that your team would have already formulated, rather than an answer kind of: move along, there’s nothing more to explain here.

You have to admit that in front of 100 million dollars stolen, it is a bit light.
Sorry sir but it may be time for you to come back to reality with real investors who lost real millions of dollars because of a theft due to negligence of those who were in charge.

Thank you
:pray:t3:

1 Like

We’ve been over your points before and it is clear that you do not read the forum posts. Otherwise you would see that another user has hidden your previous post for irrelevancy, not R1. This is an open forum and I encourage the community to stay active towards working on suitable plans for recovery, but please DYOR and review the massive amount of information that is posted here and on the twitter.

Nearly all of your asks have been addressed, those that have not been answered will be made apparent with the release of a proposal for vote.

2 Likes

The problem for R1 and Harmony Teams, undoubtedly lies in the fact that we have perfectly made our homeworks, read and archive all forum posts, tweets, space and youtube transcripts, all Harmony public documents pre and post hack.
So if you think you can answer only to those who blindly trust you, out of simple ignorance, or those who have a vested interest other than the stated purpose of this committee, then be well prepared for the implementation of your proposal, as is.
Good luck

3 Likes

And they also blocked my Twitter account from : https://twitter.com/recoveryonefdn
What a great lesson in tolerance and listening… :thinking:

2 Likes

@Pioneer @mbarret3 Thank you very much for all your answers. I see you paid a lot of attention to wallets that were indirectly affected by the bridge hack (those which held assets that lost peg as a result of the hack), but make no explicit mention of wallets that were directly affected by the bridge hack, i.e. which were in the process of crossing the bridge while the hack occurred. Would you be so kind as to describe how the R1 proposal would compensate them, since their 1tokens are still “stuck” on the bridge and thus they can’t be deposited in the rONE smart contract? Would R1 scan the blockchain for 1tokens that were burned by the bridge after the hack started but were not redeemed by the bridge? Would rONE be airdropped to those wallets using the rONE smart contract formula?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mike, this is definitely an interesting problem and we have discussed this.

What method do you propose Recovery One use to verify assets that were in the process of crossing the bridge while the hack occurred and got frozen (“still stuck”) on bridge.

1 Like

@mbarret3 Thank you for your prompt answer :slight_smile: I’m glad you asked: the 1tokens still stuck as a result of the bridge hack are 0.111 1ETH and 0.4989341 1WBTC; please find my methodology below.
The bridge’s burn transactions are here: Harmony Blockchain Explorer
The successful ETH crossings are here, hack at blockheight 15012646:
Harmony: ETH Bridge | Address 0xf9fb1c508ff49f78b60d3a96dea99fa5d7f3a8a6 | Etherscan
The successful ERC20 crossings are here, hack at blockheights 15012652 to 15012721:
Token Transfer | Etherscan
The 1tokens still stuck as a result from the bridge hack are the bridge’s 2 burns after the hack that don’t appear on either of the “successful crossings” lists :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sent you a DM with what I think might be the exact transaction for the 1WBTC burned on Harmony, not sure if it’s correct but if it is then you can choose whether or not you want to share it.

But I’ll just say, if it is correct then then it appears to be particularly unlucky: you missed it by 20 minutes. And not only that, but if the transaction were for half as much or so it likely would have gone through as the hacker didn’t exactly drain everything(they left around 0.26 WBTC).

1 Like

Recovery One is the most blatant cash grab ever seen. They want Harmony to hard fork itself and print billions of tokens to pay them $2.5M up front! For literally no explanation but to line their own pockets. You need to file the lawsuit immediately and the court will freeze the funds. The proposal will be dead on arrival. This process is a total sham. They presented the community ideas then 2 days later announced that their smart contracts were done for their own proposal so a few randoms who no one has even heard of can pocket a few million on their own proposal. Its a sham and a cash grab so they can profit off the hacked victims and Harmony can dodge responsibility.

Quit talking and file the case so we can freeze Harmony’s funds. Enough is enough.

In the case filing ask for a temporary injunction on treasury funds and from diluting ONE token holders under this proposal they are trying to jam through. This will halt the proposal in its tracks and force them to reimburse the victims.

2 Likes

Thank you for that; you are right, the Harmony transaction you DMed me shows the 0.4989341 1WBTC being sent from its wallet (0x29…03eb) to the burn address, shortly after the hacker drained virtually all WBTC from the bridge, preventing the bridge from sending any WBTC to the wallet.

1 Like

I would like to thank @Lij for the restoration of my post which purpose was to ask a number of legitimate questions and to share the point of view of people who disagree with this proposal as it stands.

Thank you :pray:t3:

this true? 2.5 mil for this? so absurd I refuse to believe that

1 Like

You can DM me on Twitter @MaewouOne
:pray:t3:

Absurd? Yes. Getting jammed through? Yes. The hard fork is already on github. The smart contracts are done. This is one big fake orchestrated charade in an attempt to jam through the originally inflationary proposal no one wanted only this time they added a 5% fee on the whole thing to net millions for this at the expense of the immediate victims.

Harmony originally proposed printing billions of tokens to reimburse over 3 years. The community absolutely rejected it overwhelmingly because they didn’t want ONE holders to bear responsibility for the hack. It included nothing from the Treasury and the entire hack was reimbursed through printing ONE. No one supported it. Obviously.

In comes the Recovery One team. And where are we now? Printing billions again, but this time paying up to $5M to Recovery One of course. Recovery One formed to fake gathering proposals as if anything was actually under consideration. Only to find out later that their own proposal, the R1 “official” proposal is THE SAME EXACT proposal regurgitated only this time, three random people get $2.5M up front of the printed supply + 5% thereafter for liquidity and grants and whatever else they plan to do which SHOULD go to the victim. It would amount to paying these randos $5M to put forth literally nothing but a regurgitated proposal that was already rejected. What’s new here? Not a single new thing came of the R1 proposal. Wasted three weeks with nothing to show other than them getting massively paid. And they are moving forward with it irrespective of the community who is totally against it. That’s why injunctive relief is the only answer. A court must order them to freeze the funds.

Its the same proposal to have ONE holders bear the brunt of inflation on a hard fork but now these three people no ones ever heard of will become millionaires or get millions upfront off the printed inflation to position themselves to profit off our misfortune and more importantly Harmony’s negligence?

Here’s a solution. Go back to the original proposal (the same as the R1 proposal). Print the ONE against the community’s wishes and use the $5M you’d pay these guys to reimburse the victims. Recovery One has done nothing but waste time and try to enrich themselves off this attack.

2 Likes

We couldn’t agree more.

Unless there is a very significant revision of the parameters, this financial package is nothing more than window dressing, and does not change the original reimbursement proposal that was already rejected by the entire community.

Moreover, it makes it even worse, to the prejudice of the victims and the community.

Not only is Harmony’s financial effort almost zero, but their participation is only there to feed the wallets of this committee which, I repeat, was not subject to any vote of approval from the community and does not represent any of our interests.

2 Likes

As stated above, you might utilise a different communication strategy as you’re at the top 1 - 5% of wallets impacted by the bridge exploit. If you were present in the community twitter space you would have known that there might be other solutions for those… Current proposed solution is heavily worked towards solving the little fish first (therefore increasing sentiment).

But yeah… Just repeating myself again here…

Seems youre still unable to understand how the flagging mechanism works or how this forum works in general. There is nobody here trying to mute or surpress you, just start framing better posts while trying to stay communicative and respectful.

Just a shame to see such freaking hostility, doesnt contribute at all to a compromise & eventual next steps.

Also; Care to showcase some wallets about the 2.5 mil assets? If transparency is a thing/worry, feel free to DM an example wallet to me. Find it baffling that the communication person of this supposed big bois network is unable to read, write and understand english. I for one wouldn’t let such a person handle my potential refund.

Enjoy a blessed weekend ser

Seems like you didnt read at all. Just start reading the complete proposal and maybe use some DEEP L translation if language is the barrier.

So far the funding being used to pay the team is being utilised (planned) to be used as liquidity provision for various pools/dapps… Kinda handy to have around right? They have multiple times stated themselves that they are not looking to get paid. Maybe a payment afterwards if all is done succesful. @Pioneer feel free to correct me on this.

in the mean time. another flagged post from my side. You’re just transfering misinformation

1 Like

You seem to not understand a thing from the proposal. Its different on many many parameters. Seems like youre not able (or willing) to read up the differences.

I’ll explain iti briefly again here:
Old proposal No trade of repegtokens, just ONE printing
rONE proposal: Additional staking, rONE as token and therefore usable in defi. Dynamic Exit paths…

Its worth a reread as most of you guys answers seem to have a foundation on not understanding the differences and nuances

Yes, censorship is great. Sounds like I’m over the target.

So what’s new here? Other than them getting 5% of the printed inflation? How is it different than harmony’s original proposal? Why give them 5% to regurgitate the same thing? Why not use that to reimburse the victims? What’s the point of Recovery One if all they ultimately did was put forward the proposal Harmony already suggested (sans the 5% fee they are attempting to siphon off)

2 Likes