SMUG Protocol - A Community DAO & Farm Auction Dex with protocol-owned liquidity

Then that’s my mistake for interpreting it that way, I thought Gabby had the final say and this was effectively a green light when asked to move forward if the dynamics of it are ok. In order to not mislead investors, I’ll take down the original tweet then and off the website.

Is there any specific reason as to not choosing to move forward with the grant that I can tell to the community, and to have a general feedback regarding this, as to what could have been done better, etc…because I think it would help with, like you said, the cultivation of the initiative so that people do not make the same mistake to assume what I assumed. It’s over a month since I started the proposal, and @gabby took about a week to proceed from one step to another, so I assumed this was it.

I looked at the other threads, for clarity, example:

and saw that @givp said literally the same thing as gabby did to me, and literally a few hours later after he said “congrats”, so I assumed that was it, or else there wouldn’t be such a detailed proposal of terms and guidelines of the launch.

Again, apologies for assuming, but I saw the blue tick mark and thought that was it, as well as her/him being active on other threads.

Whatever the final decision, I am OK with it as I trust the Harmony team’s judgement, but I’d like all of the facts to be accounted for as to what I did and when I did it, and I do think it’s bad for business to have people who are not on the grant committee giving out exact same, word-for-word responses that those who I believe are on the grant committee. SMUG has a strong community that raises eyebrows and can be polarizing but also introduces many people to this chain since they want to participate in both meme coins/money games and fully featured products such as DFK, and I firmly believe it’s bad for business to shut this door in this manner. I don’t want to be called out by my community or anyone else for lying to them when I was just going by the methodology of replies made in other threads. Some grant proposals take more than a month, some take around a week, etc. I could point out examples of some grant recipients whose token prices went down catastrophically, and the time it took for them to get these grants being relatively low, but that isn’t the issue here.

SMUG operates a fair business and actually has had personal funds of the team members pooled together for the next stage of our project and its only hubris is in not bowing down to salty redditors which make it their life’s mission to seethe and brigade everything related to SMUG, possibly due to their allegiance to other coins (since none come to our chat to actually say what’s wrong with SMUG, fundamentally).

Again, you reserve final judgement, but how was I supposed to know as a project lead that the exact same thing being posted in other threads results in a swift yes a few hours later, and with us it takes 3 days to get officially denied? Is @gabby not on the committee that does the grants? Why is she/he responding then to the threads? I just don’t understand.

3 Likes