Validators in the Core Team

----- I’m going to begin this by answering like you, who says its not a worry? If the president of a company makes an influential pass at a rule that benefits them and it gains support, that is what we on planet earth call influencing votes. It is a worry.

Any validator can garner support and influence votes. That is what governence is all about, discussion and debate and voting. I don’t understand your point here or how it relates specifically to validators in the core-team.

----- You don’t understand the point LOL if somebody was running a node, and they had 100 slots, releasing 100 more slots sooner makes the network more competitive. lols.

“Someone” does not have 100 slots… Harmony run those and discussion about releasing is detailed here: [ON HOLD] HIP-19: 100% external voting power and 100% external slots - #14 by leo

I suggest you direct concerns regarding external slots there.

----- The core members do. This is possibly the worst reply of them all. If you cannot see how this leaves the door open to malpractice, its because you are biased or blind. The point made was not that there are “requirements”, and I never said there were “Requirements”. But even if there were “requirements”, those “requirements” could potentially be influenced by validators in the core team. But seeing as there are not many stated “requirements” that I’m currently aware of as such, it doesn’t mean there isn’t potential for “undisclosed” requirements. Just saying. Like for example, you gave your friend a job because he was your friend, even though other people were better qualified. Don’t tell me it doesn’t happen!

I am not sure how this relates to validators. Harmony can do what they want re funding and grants as is their prerogative. As it is Harmony are pretty transparent re funding and generally fund projects that already exist. You can read more here:

I suggest you direct any concerns regarding funding there.

---- this is simple. Whatever you in your head doubt does not change the fact it is entirely possible, and you should consider that if you are fair minded. Yep.

If it does happen it will be via community vote not by ‘a core team member validator’ they don’t have that power.

----- I think this point sums up the most the fact that you are blindly guided by some sort of cult-like attitude. Excluding people is precisely what an elected validator who is a core team member can potentially do. Sorry to say it but derp.

An elected validator has no power alone and would have to convince the community to vote for exclusion.

For any validator, core-team or not to have influence over voting, they would currently need a minimum of 2,335,425,369 ONE staked just to meet quorum and nearly 3 billion to pass in their favour.

5 Likes