AMA recap and notes (week of August 15th)

Hi, you seemed to have missed my question here:

I’m honestly struggling to believe it’s been over two months now without any action or even acknowledgement related to this, seems so out of character for Harmony. Feels like people are unnecessarily becoming victims twice here. As crazy as that might sound, if someone had $10k bscDAI and $10k 1DAI, as of today the amount of value they would have been able to at least have the option to choose to recover on the 1DAI would be anywhere from $1k to $10k(if they got super lucky) in ONE, whereas the bscDAI despite not being stolen and still held and secured by Harmony is effectively dead weight right now and if someone had an emergency or even just wanted to buy ONE with it the amount of value they could get out of it right now is $0(but is of course worth $10k on BSC and could buy $10k worth of ONE easily). And that is essentially the same story for all $700k or whatever the market says all the tokens left on the bridges happen to be worth this instant. Maybe it feels like ‘dust’ relative to the amount the hacker stole making it a non-priority, but of course it’s not dust to the users affected.

Anyone hearing just the facts and timeline out of context without knowing Harmony and its values would likely conclude some pretty bad things(and some are doing so unfortunately as I’m sure anyone reading social media has seen). Call it Stockholm Syndrome, but I refuse to believe any real ill-intent here from Harmony, as this really seems like the antithesis of what the project is and has been thus far. But people have really been left hanging for a long time.

1 Like