AMA With Stephen Tse

Will there be a fund for people who are in an emergency situation in their life need their money to survive? I posted on twitter and on every forum that Harmony had and Harmony ignored me every time. Nobody ever responded. I held my stablecoins in my Harmony Metamask and believed it was safe. Apparently it wasn’t. I found myself in a situation where I need my money to survive. I can’t wait for weeks or months or years to be able to use my money. I need it now. Can Harmony take action and help me and other people like me who turn to Harmony with a direct request like this one that I am making here now? My wallet is below. I am asking Stephan @stse and Li and the Harmony team to find a way to let me convert my 1BUSD to BUSD on Binance, the whole amount.

Here is my Binance wallet for Stephan the Harmony team where you could send me my BUSD

0xaae953cb95536301e7e32908301Eb5CcBEf98c11

1 Like

All good, messenger not shot.

the timeline was my input alone, not something that @stse had any decision in, was simply giving him a window of time that was enough to actually sit down and provide thoughtful, clear and concise responses in the way that you, among everyone else want.

Continuing to push for as much detail and clarity as I can get, and wanted to provide ample time for that, without having to stick to a deadline without being able to confirm exactly how long answering those questions in detail would take.

Apologies that it came off any other way.

Here to help!

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarity and appreciate your input into this Globey

2 Likes

@Globey.one when will Steven be ready to answer the questions?

1 Like

Hello everyone, thank you for the thoughtful questions and strong engagement. We are writing out our thoughts and will be answering the questions in batches.

6 Likes

Hi,
What is the plan for people that have stable coins and other currencies stranded on Harmony chain? Sadly there is someone above me, “anini_beach” that apparently has the bulk of their liquid net worth marooned on your chain who are desperate for relief to survive.

The Harmony bridge breach didn’t happen yesterday. You guys need to address with an actionable plan how you intend to either make people that put their trust in you recover their funds or let them know it is no possible. If there is no way possible to help people recover their funds tell them so they can accept the financial loss and move on with their lives.
If you’re not offering a recovery solution you should suggest that they figure out a way to record the L for taxes. Going weeks and months like this is just unnecessary.

Thanks

1 Like

I feel terrible for you! Hopefully Harmony will man up and give you some direction. Keeping people hanging with no solution and not posting regularly updates on progress Twitter isn’t great.

Hi Stephen

You probably haven’t heard of me before. Maybe though. However I was one of the 20 Harmony CORE DAO member in which you never paid. Personally myself, 7 months of work spread across 2 of your Harmony Core DAO’s

You see the thing is Stephen, DAO’s are DAO’s, but what doesn’t sit well with me, is that we were specifically told to keep working as Harmony Core DAO governors when the DAO’s wasn’t funded by the core team, and still to this day there hasn’t been a single announcement about the fact you haven’t paid any of these people. Not a single sentence or acknowledgement of a sorry for what happened.

If you want to disconnect, let’s think about this you chose the mandates (to fit in a tweet), you chose who got funded, we marched to your beat. There was nothing decentralized about them as much as we tried, pulled back in to what harmony wanted through the funding request processes.

Is there anything in your grand plan to pay these people and their families for the time they had sacrificed?

When I raised this last time. For these people it was around $14k because of the Harmony price action. $14k to pay of 20 people that worked themselves into the ground for your grand plan.

Do you have anything to say about this at all?

Ps I’m talking about Harmony Core DAOs but this does not include VDAO1 … which is another desperate story still unresolved.

3 Likes

@Jacksteroo @rongjian @Globey.one can you please get Stephen to answer a question directly. Please. This has been ridiculous. This has been going on for way too long with no accountability, transparency or empathy.

1 Like

Hi @stse,

I will repeat these question, as well as my experiences working with VDAO term 4. We were told to keep working, keep doing what we were doing and that we would be given more information on what to do next. Then we were ran through the ropes with the creation of DAO Ops and 1DAO Alliance where we were given instructions to write and post full reports for each individual month of our terms, which we did. Then we were told to wait and wait some more, until finally DAO Ops and 1DAO Alliance were disbanded and we were just ignored completely after that.

You left us in the dark with no instructions or information after making us jump through hoops, with no pay, no path forward and extra work having been completed with all the reporting we had to do. Your Core DAOs have been filled with hard working, talented individuals who have given more than just their time to see to the growth and success of this chain, yet you haven’t properly acknowledged our achievements nor consistently paid us for our time.

Are you ready to acknowledge how much the Core DAOs have actually achieved and help them find a path forward into self-sustainability or will Harmony be fully cutting ties with the DAOs at this point?

No matter what path you choose for DAOs moving forward, are you ready to acknowledge the debt that is still owed to the previous Core DAO terms and finally pay us?

Thank you for your time,

Tim
Affinity Shard

4 Likes

Hello JCR, a lot of great questions here.

We are posting responses from the team here via this account just to keep everything organized.

1. Our vision since @stse and the founding team started the project has always been to build an open platform for our future generations to create in harmony, as we say: “Open Consensus for 10B People”. The core team is committed to set up the ecosystem to reach decentralized governance over the long term. As you may know, we have been progressively decentralizing our network and providing grants to community builders. Initiatives such as Recovery One will also be driven by the community, in coordination with the core team.

2. Our core team of builders, engineers, and creatives is the essential asset of this project since day one. This is one of our most important areas to focus on so that we can keep improving the environment for these team members to thrive in. The leadership team has been listening intently to feedback from current and prior teammates to retain and recruit more talented and passionate builders to the team. We promoted and onboarded two more core team and two full time fellows this month and continue to recruit for engineering and product roles.

3. We are formalizing account success manager roles to enable direct ownership of project initiatives. Each of our grantees and ecosystem projects will have one member from the core team supporting our engagement. This ensure both the team and our builders can work together to help more of our ecosystem developers thrive.

4. We are updating our team process and ownership to reconnect with our existing ecosystem partners on a regular basis (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly calls with detailed writing on progress updates).
    This will be a continued and sustained effort. Our leadership team and each initiatives lead are writing weekly updates so that the whole team can be informed of what needs each project may have. @Al Cheung on our team is leading this with our existing grantees and investee projects.

5. We have been working on long term sustainable ways to generate protocol transaction fees through increased utility. We have done initial analysis and modeling on network transaction fees and believe it is meaningful financially to sustain many of the network operation needs. That is just one of the ways we can ensure the long term sustainability of the platform and ecosystem.

6. Co-marketing has been top of mind internally. Since the beginning of Q3, we have begun to solidify the groundwork of how we plan on doing more going forward. The bridge incident has since shifted our communication priorities but we must show what builders like you mentioned have created on Harmony.

7. We are updating our documentation and building more tooling to meet the needs of Web3 developers who will ultimately answer that question. Supporting our major projects begins with supporting all builders with effective documentation and tools. We are working on providing a better experience for every builder, big or small. Support.Harmony.one is one way we are working to do just that.

8. Our goal has always been to bring the best research to production. While the core protocol work is continuing, presenting an updated roadmap is top priority.

9. We continue to work on Protocol (cross-shard, external proposers), Network (state sync, light clients), Services (infrastructure partners, developer tooling). In the coming weeks, we’ll be publishing more details on each initiative.

2 Likes

Why does @stse have to hide behind a screen to function ? That’s not one of the thing that make successful business these days .

Why is it always saying so much but just the same as saying nothing at all?

When to repeg ? When account of the hack? Who accountable of the DaO screw up?
What happen to blue verse?

Why can’t @stse stand up like the alpha male he always wants to be .

Stop hiding and start facing ! Be accountable and stop keeping us wait .

You can announce this elsewhere and get @stse to address the questions directed to him .

Be like a man . Stop hiding like a coward .

1 Like

I posted on twitter and on every forum that Harmony had and Harmony ignored me every time. Nobody ever responded. I held my stablecoins in my Harmony Metamask and believed it was safe. Apparently it wasn’t. I found myself in a situation where I need my money to survive. I can’t wait for weeks or months or years to be able to use my money. I need it now. Can Harmony take action and help me and other people like me who turn to Harmony with a direct request like this one that I am making here now? My wallet is below. I am asking Stephan @stse and Li and the Harmony team to find a way to let me convert my 1BUSD to BUSD on Binance, the whole amount.

Here is my Binance wallet for Stephan the Harmony team where you could send me my BUSD

0xaae953cb95536301e7e32908301Eb5CcBEf98c11

1 Like

I am grateful to you for your compassionate comment. That means a lot to me that you care. Thank you

DM me on Twitter @MaewouOne in order to join us in the Class Action Lawsuit for Negligence and Theft.
You’ll be asked to provide your 0x… impacted wallet address and personal identification later.
Notice: you can join our legal proceedings regardless of your citizenship. It is not necessary to be an American citizen.

3 Likes

Wen @stse going to answer our questions

1 Like

You excited about another water break AMA , saying nth at all?

1 Like

Where did the funds allocated to the $300 million ecosystem fund go?

My understanding is only a few million $USD was actually paid out. Now the fund is basically halted indefinitely.

What happened to the rest of that money? Where did it go?

@Globey.one @stse @HarmonyTeam

1 Like

Madera, thank you for your feedback.

The Recovery ONE team and the community submitted proposals touch on many of these points. This process includes reviewing options in your post and others from community members like you.

We encourage everyone to engage with the most up-to-date information as the teams review all proposals.

We invite the community to keep submitting proposals until Monday, 8/22. The team will review all submissions by Wednesday, 8/24.

In addition, the Recovery ONE team will host a follow-up Twitter Space to discuss the proposals openly with the opportunity to provide feedback directly.

Their review will touch on:

1. Does it solve DeFi?
  2. Does it solve depeg?
  3. What is the impact?
  4. Is it clear & understandable?
  5. Can the proposal incorporate into other plans or be entirely different?
  6. Backers & Who?
2 Likes