Creative COMMUNITY Solutions for unpegged assets?

It occurs to me that we have a major issue that mathematically is going to be extremely difficult for us to face…

The amount of unpegged assets this network holds is causing us to be proportionally screwed as we attempt to get the network back on track…

This fact is exacerbated by the fact that people are using the situation to attempt to make a profit, causing the unpegged assets to become manipulated by bots/individuals whom are not necessarily concerned w/ returning Harmony to being a quality network to invest funds…

So when faced with mathematical problems, perhaps we should attempt to solve it with an creative solution…

There should be other “Creative Solutions” and I’m calling on you to come up with them :slight_smile:

Are there any ideas?

1 idea:

To any projects on Harmony… would you be willing to enable some kind of membership or NFT mint where you accept unpegged assets for these?

Would you be willing to collect funds for either BURNING or selling to the Recovery Effort at a fixed rate?

The idea being that community members or people with unpegged assets could “DUMP” them into the remaining projects on harmony and those projects could remember those wallets with some kind of long term reward for “Saving the network”…

2 Likes

Enron Corporation scandal is an example where mathematical and accounting problems were attempted to be resolved in creative way.

Maybe your idea is a good one, but there is a problem. They don’t want to invest in this network right now because there is no innovation in Harmony and there never has been. Everything here is built using developments from Ethereum. And the praised DAO program led to the fact that the team gave out millions of ONE coins to people close to them and nothing good came out of it. Proof of my words is the low activity on this forum and https://dappradar.com/search/harmony. Millions of dollars were stolen and after that you suggest more “raise funds either for BURN”. The problem is not the manipulation or the bots, the problem is the global distrust of the Harmony network and its founders.

As an active member of the Harmony community, I see a way out for the founders to pay attention to the remaining active DAOs in the network and start a dialogue with them and support these communities within Harmony.

I’m happy to see your perspectives on the topic @UnArge4 & @m1m2 … and I agree to the point that we are indeed not in a great position and let me be clear that I’m not looking for anything but ethical solutions to the problem…

Honestly, I was curious if there was others in our community that might have alternative ways to get past recovery and back to just building… including bylaws that make the kinds of FAILURES which the founders made to never be possible again…

Frankly, I was thinking of ways that might drive the price of the unpegged assets down so that the network can buy and burn and attempt to survive and realize that sucks for those still holding assets… so I was curious if ANYONE had any ideas…

Just to quickly comment on this point @m1m2 :

Their search results are inaccurate and do not even show our game in the results… AT ALL.
We have had reasonable success in the past 30 days and I would bet that other projects remaining also have had similar, but marginal, success…
I’m not sure WHY we don’t show up but it’s true… and that doesn’t even include some of our newer contracts which haven’t been added to DappRadar…
https://dappradar.com/dapp/fishfight/

In my opinion, the future of Harmony depends more on what we do from here than the past…

I think there’s a path forward that effectively looks at what Harmony does well, which is works fast, is easy to code for (Primarily because of their built in VRF) and has/had a very human-centered community…

BUT you’re absolutely right that no one should feel safe bringing their investments into harmony right now… that’s a huge part of the problem we face… is how does the chain’s community try to get more users if we can’t get the founders (@lij ) to show up and speak to us directly…

SO… While I feel you and hope that we will get past much of the problems which we can face without the founders/leadership behind us…
I do believe there’s much that the network has (especially for gaming) IF TVL isn’t the main goal… which is where my idea of focusing on memberships come in…
which is where communities/projects using the network, and it’s hyper affordable transactions (especially now that the price is so low)…

BUT yea, maybe we’re just screwed beyond belief but perhaps it is just a debt which we continue to slowly pay off and live with… I’m not sure…

Anyone have any ideas?

PS…
@m1m2
This DappRadar search seems to show better results…

https://dappradar.com/rankings/protocol/harmony/category/games?period=month

2 Likes

yes let’s chat!!! I want to help!

1 Like

I love this idea ser :trophy:

1 Like