Funding my DAO: Should I stay or should I go now?

Greetings,

I’m not 100% confident that my question matches this category of the forum. If that should be in another sub-forum, I would be glad to move it somewhere else

I (Yacine) and a friend of mine (Brian) are working on a governance framework for communities. We both are seasoned developers, with 20+ years of experience together.

The project is slowly but surely being built. Slowly because we both are in paid positions - I’m a software architect and my mate is a lead developer -, so we work in our spare time to make it happens.

We are both heavy users of Harmony (DefiKingdoms, Sushi & Da Vinci) and are very pleased with the tech, the vision of the project, and the birthing ecosystem.

We followed on the DAOs funding proposal from the Harmony team and thought our project was checking all the criteria.
But we’re not ready. I mean, we are working hard to make it happens, but the current state of the project is still in its infancy: Some contracts are built, some screen-prototype are made, some code is linked but this is still a work in progress.

And now, I’m torn-apart with this question:
Should I focus 100% on the code, hopefully delivering a prototype in mid-November, then apply to the DAO funding program, with all related to it: making documentations, pitch, branding, presentation… so being ready early 2022 minimum. Would I miss the train as other DAOs will get funded?

Or should I focus on the project concept, business plan, vision, and documents, and pitch it prior to any prototype being finalized?

The advantage of the latter solution would be - if the project gets good reception - that I could quit my current position, and focus 100% on the project both on tech and non-technical sides, at least for few months.

On another hand, getting rejected because the project is still too early in its infancy, would push back the prototype building time, as I would have wasted my spare time on the pitch, documents, etc… instead of the code itself.

I don’t want to discuss the content of the project itself now, but I really think it’s a) excellent and b) matching the vision of the Harmony team core. And AFAIK it’s original.

Thanks in advance!

you may want to follow the “launch” track instead and get milestone based funding:

• $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  • $10K after mainnet launch
  • $10K after forming a DAO with its community, and
  • $20K for after 10K users
1 Like

Sounds good. I had overlooked this category. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks, sounds like you got your answer. Closing out the discussion now.