Harmonyan - A cross-chain generational yield farming product with benefits to native token holders

Again ur example is counterproductive and leads this conversation to nowhere. You can’t compare the 2 projects and generalise them in ‘‘forked projects section’’, i just told my opinion after reading this proposal and going in the social media of harmonyan.

2 Likes

I brought that up to make an argument that anybody can fork a project and ask for funding. IMO, Harmony Dev’s should have to fund a project that bring in new users and add value to the harmony community. The project hasn’t even launched their token yet and I think it good and will not be hype train like other projects did i.e launch the token, get funding and share it to pump the price. As, few of them did aren’t a fair launch.

Harmonyan would you mind explaining the fair launch of the token @HarmoNYAN

Edit : I see a lot of new posters joining the discussion lately. Do participate in the other discussions as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@cheesegrater

I see you’re of the opinion that “meme tokens” are not real investments and do not add value to the crypto ecosystem as a whole. Your opinion is not unique, in fact, it’s shared by a lot of people who just do not comprehend “food and animal” tokens simply because there’s a lot of these out there, and it’s hard to spot diamonds when there’s thousands of things to choose from. I don’t blame you, I was also of this opinion, especially after having been burnt myself, wasting precious ETH on TENDIES, pickles, dogs, cats and others in 2020 once the DeFi Summer mania started. Bear in mind many of these tokens did not have any documentation whatsoever, even a website, simply a uniswap link and a thread on forums. Even telegram groups were a dime a dozen. It’s Russian roulette.

For every SHIB, PancakeSwap, Sushi and Magic Internet Money there are hundreds of copycats (no pun intended) that have malicious intent at worst, no direction at best. If people like you were listened to, we’d never have Bitcoin, because SWIFT is fast and good enough.

If people like you were listened to, we’d never have ETH, because Bitcoin already does all of that. We’d never have Stellar, because XRP already exists. We’d never have PCS, 1inch or Sushi, because Uniswap already exists. We’d never have Beefy, because Autofarm exists. We’d never have COMP, because AAVE exists (or vice versa).

And yet each and every one of these continues to thrive, at its own pace, doing its own thing, some go up faster, some go up slower.

I find it a bit ironic that you chastise someone for giving more information and going into more detail than is necessary:

weird that they have spent so much time trying to make this project seem interesting and hype it up by using fancy words just to describe a simple token farm and vaults

I’d assume you’d also not invest in DeFi Kingdoms, which is pretty much #1 in terms of TVL and community interest on Harmony right now, because it’s just a “uniswap clone where you have to talk to some JRPG video game NPC and waste time to do a trade talking to a…druid…instead of just doing what we’re all used to anyways. connect wallet approve for swap, swap, done”. Why fix what’s not broken, right? Well, plenty of people would disagree, and they have disagreed with you.

And so, you’d rather people make investment decisions based on lies or purposefully omitted information, just so, when caught by the community, they can weasel their way out of it?

FWIW, I do agree with what you said here though:

You can’t compare the 2 projects and generalise them in ‘‘forked projects section’’, i just told my opinion after reading this proposal and going in the social media of harmonyan.

You’re right, the two projects cannot be compared at all, because nothing about them is the same. The developers (live youtube AMA vs anon devs), the launch (pre-sale vs fair launch), the front-end website (stealthily forked vs built from ground up), marketing focus (discord referral spam, bots on twitter, dubious, shady practices) and the business model (launchpad vs “just a yield farm”).

The grants are here as a motivation for developers, marketers, community members, and as a sort of (but not in its entirety, not even close) green light for investors. Should I, or anyone else go and beg the Harmon dev who gave a grant to a project I eventually lose money on? They did give their “seal of approval”, after all…

Of course not. The grant is simply an initiative, the same as Avalanche Rush or Fantom (370M, I might add) have made incentives. It’s an incentive for developers, often times who work full-time jobs, who would otherwise put in 60-70% effort in creating something, to see it through (hence why no one gets 50k right away, but instead it is based on merit and pieced together by piece, on certain milestones) 100% of the way.

If you were part of bitcointalk and similar forums way back when, before Discord and Telegram were a thing, you’d see the need and value for, at times verbose, discussion and critique of projects.

@mohanarvindk

Harmonyan would you mind explaining the fair launch of the token @HarmoNYAN

Certainly. Although “fair launch” sounds like a superior mode to “pre-sale”, “private-sale”, “allocation”, it really depends on the product and the team behind it.

Here’s a decent article on this, especially the last few paragraphs.

Second, let me preface that even Ethereum itself was funded via a Public ICO, where you’d send over Bitcoin and get Ether. Bear in mind people were buying a PROMISE of a blockchain that was not even developed at the time! Similar stories can be seen across many blockchains. The Ethereum foundation
had a sizable allocation (a pre-mine), which they actively used for developing the infrastructure (and have even sold some at near the 2017 top, iirc).

The reason for me mentioning this, is to illustrate which part of the launch is actually “fair” in the fair launch model of the Harmonyan token. It lies in the timely manner of information provided to potential investors (constant AMAs, docs, responsive CMs/devs), its accessibility (anyone with a wallet can buy). The fact of the matter is - we implore users to have a discussion of the product we are building is on the harmony.one forums, and not a private telegram/discord group.

Kind of like getting married, when the chaplain says: “if there is anyone who protests against this, let them speak now, or forever hold their peace”.

The HarmoNYAN tokens can be bought using ONE, using Sushiswap, where we will provide initial liquidity, and then the tokens can be employed in the three liquidity mining pools (as @cheesegrater would put it, “vaults and swaps and farms and stuffs”) which would last for (in the case of the 2 solo staking pools. ONE, HarmoNYAN) 7 days and 90 days (ONE-HarmoNYAN) respectively. Rewards being paid out vary depending on pool size, HarmoNYAN mcap, Total Value Locked, etc.

The developers (us, HarmoNYAN staff) get a 5% allocation of the token, which is distributed over a 3 month period, linearly (function of time, rather than the above mentioned parameters).

The value-add is in connecting users of other farms and mining initiatives, under the Nyanhub umbrella, launched on chains other than Harmony, to hold the HarmoNYAN token in order to receive bonuses, accrue rewards at a faster rate, getting airdrops and discounts for subsequent products.

The fair launch model and contracts used are also, as I’ve mentioned, very convenient for us in terms of how prone it is to exploit, as the Arbinyan contract has handled 1.5 billion TVL quite alright and we believe this reassures the community, namely investors that are on the edge whether to invest or not to invest, in terms of the volatility that can come from the side of the developers.

2 Likes

ok dude its time to stop. You just took my opinion and reduced it to that i am just anti-meme token. I don’t have a problem with meme tokens but you realise you can’t start funding meme tokens because it never stops. You keep making assumptions like ‘‘you didn’t invest in defi kingdoms’’. I have invested in all harmony projects i was here in freyala ico, i was here at launch of viper, stop assuming you know everything. Half your reply just tried to attack me to prove why you need funding? This makes no sense.

4 Likes

Meme token + Dex + Doxxed developers are a stellar combination. I think HarmoNyan is an interesting concept. It might be easier for new people to understand use the Dex because it is based on a meme and it is fun to use / talk about it as meme tokens have a very less learning curve. I think if everything goes well it will be a catalyst to bring more people into harmony ecosystem.

1 Like

I find this thread interesting. I don’t know why @Lamb and his team is so desperate to bring this down. I do see that Nyan team has pointed out what was wrong with Artemis Protocol,.Mr @Lamb has accepted the mistakes and proposed to make amends. What’s the point in crying here as you have already owned up your mistakes ? Shall we keep ourselves civil and focus on building a better place for everyone to interact and benefit from ?

1 Like

Exactly! The “meme” and colorful graphics are instrumental in bringing over new users to a chain. Mochi, in my opinion, was the closest one to getting it right, but they got a bit complacent and lazy after the onemoon saga. DFK is obviously the winner here, but I believe there’s space for everyone, and what we aim to do is not just a simple farm or re-skin of a farm, but cross-chain interoperability at a later stage, where you can control investments from other chains, using Harmony.

Once 1wallet Apple Pay integration hits, it’ll be more important than ever to have people interacting with mobile-friendly dapps that are colorful and simple to use.

Furthermore, as we are launching in a few days’ time, please take the time to vote on our poll as to which time of launch is most convenient for you! https://t.me/harmonyan/1658

1 Like

To be honest i don’t understand why harmony team gives grants to this kind of project. As a developer it really easy copy an idea from another blockchain, fork a frontend and a solidity contract and deploy to testnet without add literally anything new. haha for me is crazy that this project to be able been elected for a grant. Makes no sense :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

2 Likes

Which idea copied from another blockchain was actually copied here? The idea of a cat meme being used as branding due to how recognizable it is?

1 Like

I think you are talking about Artemis Protocol

1 Like

I’m not talking about your project. I’m talking about a lot of project that i’ve seen without any new idea, just a fork.

1 Like

A quick update - we’re launching the Nyanhub’s native token, HarmoNYAN on Harmony, in 36 hours or so. 10AM PST, October 17th.

All the latest info is posted on our Telegram and Discord channels

1 Like

I love that project, it’ very cool

1 Like

What team are you talking about?

A little less than 8 hours left! We’re launching today, get ready! Nyanhub.one

1 Like

This project looks very promising.

1 Like

We are live! https://www.harmonyan.one/

Not gonna lie, it was pretty rocky, but we handled it well, and we’re waiting to hit those milestones we talked about. Medium post and Reddit thread coming soon!

1 Like

While normally I wouldn’t speak ill of anyone, I cannot in good conscience say nothing here.
Based on the actions of this team, I don’t think they represent the values that Harmony wants to promote.
A few hours after the launch, the single ONE stakers were selling their tokens, driving down the price of the NYAN token rapidly.
Due to user complaints, and without a warning on the website, the devs cut the rewards to the single staking pool. Then there were multiple other contracts deployed and at some point some users ONE were locked temporarily. To their credit as far as I know, they did resolve this.

Mistakes happen, and you may have to do what you think is best for your project. This, to me, isn’t even the main issue, what happened next is.
The project lead implied it was the community’s fault for dumping the tokens. I quote “It was an oversight in thinking this community is going to attract the type of investors arbinyan did”.

This is classic blame shifting behavior. The community did not create and deploy the contracts with the emissions rates as they were, the devs did.

When the community interacted with the contracts in the most logical and obvious way, the devs acted like the community was at fault. Their acknowledgement of responsibility was that they had too
much optimism, which is ludicrous.
They started a poll in the telegram on whether they should airdrop the tokens to the ONE single stakers who had farmed them, burn them, or put towards a partnership.
To the community’s credit, they mostly voted to airdrop.
However, the project lead ignored the results of the telegram poll then proceeded to SEIZE and burn the unclaimed rewards.
They muted, and banned members of the community who pointed out this was unfair. They gaslit anyone who voiced disagreement with this action implying that they were just mad because they could no longer get “insane returns”, rather than understanding some people might be motivated by basic principles of fairness.

They claimed the people staking in the single staking ONE pool were taking no risk and therefore shouldn’t be mad and didn’t deserve the rewards. Completely ignoring that trusting unknown people with your tokens in their contract is a risk, and an opportunity cost. They used it as justification to seize and burn the unclaimed user rewards from the single staking ONE pool and acted like people should be grateful they even got their ONE back.

So to recap, the team here:
Minimized their own actions.
Put blame on the community for their own mistakes.
Implied that people staking in the single staking contract were “getting away with something” by interacting in the INTENDED way with their contract.
Gaslit anyone pointing out how completely improper this was implying they were just greedy.

Mistakes happen, but when they happen you’re supposed to take responsibility, not blame everyone else.

Even in this thread, they’re saying it was a “rocky start”. That’s an understatement and a blame shift. The rocky start was entirely of their own doing , not some crazy unforeseeable events. These are people quick to criticize others and laud themselves about their own transparency but change the rules to benefit
themselves without hesitation.

Not only do I suggest that they do not get any kind of incentive from the Harmony team, based on their behavior I strongly urge caution to anyone (even more than you would normally have for a meme token) thinking about interacting with their contracts.

I wouldn’t expect or ask anyone to take my words at face value, so I invite you to judge for yourself.

3 Likes

It seemed to me like they were well intentioned and scrambling to try to fix stuff. I was monitoring the discord and telegram an did not feel as though there was animosity coming from the dev team. Just saying.

2 Likes

Seizing farming rewards from users does not seem well intentioned to me.

1 Like