HIP-21: Governance Flag Proposals

hey @Maffaz sorry for late reply, storing a new flag shouldn’t be too heavy and should be ofc possible. Now the impact of the implementation would be best evaluated by @rongjian . Worst case, that flag could be managed off-chain ie stored on a db that the governance site can query. And anyway, if this get implemented, the governance must be updated to account for those validator stake note counted in the total weight.

4 Likes

I like this proposal a lot, because it ensures validators keep engaged if they want their vote to count. And, they can also opt back in at any time. Who is to say they don’t just automate the opt-in flag?

1 Like

I was under the impression that we would start from the moment of implementation and not count historical votes as this could get a bit complex in code!

But yes, all options sound plausible to me.

2 Likes

I voted yes for both. I like both ideas :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Totally agree, not sure if there other big validator like binance or Kucoin that are not interested to vote but this proposal should make it visible.

2 Likes

@rongjian Can we get an update about the feasibility of this HIP so we can put it to a vote?

2 Likes

100% Agree for those two proposals

2 Likes

I agree. It’s good to have this even just for transparency.

1 Like

I think in the passed proposals there was always the Option to abstain the vote. I think this is/should be a mandatory option and then this Case would be covered, right?

I’m also in favor of both Options.

For Option 2 i would see 3 as the Minimum. If multiple proposals are Open at the Same time this Numbers ist reached quite Fast. I would tend to more like 5. As IT should only punish those WHO are really Not caring For the governance of the Chain.

These would be very beneficial.

1 Like

A validator that is removed automatically can always set the flag again and be included.

Blockquote 2 : If a validator does not vote for 3 governance votes in succession they are automatically flagged as --governance false and their delegated ONE is excluded from future votes until they mark true again via the blockchain. The validator can anytime send a --governance true flag to re-enable governance for the next snapshot taken for a governance voting issue.

I agree with these and they would allow better transparency for delegators. This would prove to be a powerful field if implemented in future staking dashboard ux updates. It may pave the way for a quick view of governance voting right on the staking dashboard to show the activity of a validator.

3 Likes

@rongjian Can we get an update about the feasibility of this HIP so we can put it to a vote?

Or can you find out for us @sophoah ??

Thanks guys

Hey guys I would love to move forward with this. Seems like our governance voting is at stake now with that 781Million move from Binance :pleading_face: @sophoah any updates as far as feasibility?

5 Likes

Validators have a duty to ensure the best future for their delegators. They should always participate in voting!

2 Likes

Yes, we really need to move forward on this ASAP. We are losing ground on making progress in the network. This is a critical time for the ONE network and we need to make improvements ASAP.

3 Likes

We could handle this by a custom token and also we need to discuss Snapshot in generall ASAP.

4 Likes

This seems like a good idea that way with the token we can have the information of validators willing to participate and their contacts. If not, then their vote is excluded.

4 Likes

Agree with proposals! Good job

Bumping for easier view!