MtopSwap Funding Proposal for $75,000

DEX aggregators are a really tough technology stack and business to run and maintain. This project IMO is really close to OpenOcean (DEX Aggregator) Funding Proposal which was brought over via a partnership discussion as we’ve been in talks with them behind the scenes for months until they were ready to post on the forum (they were already nearly done by then).

While I do applaud and support the initiators and agree we can have multiple aggregators running at the same time, there could be edge cases where a new team hasn’t seen before. What if there was an attack on the price oracle, or the source of the pricing trend chart. CoinMarketCap & CoinGecko gets hit all the time (their backend API) causing some really crazy fluctuation in prices, causing a lot of degen investors with their spreadsheets and bots see really funny numbers and making the wrong decisions to buy/sell.

Let me ask this. If we’re already deploying grant treasury to one team which has a fully featured dApp launched, with an experienced team backing the business across multiple chains, and an exposure across multiple chains, should we do deploy grant capital with another one that’s solely for Harmony, effectively nearly doubling our grant giveaways? We’re also going to take on some business and product risk.

I just wanted to put these points out there. I’m personally torn here applauding the community for being passionate about Harmony-first projects, but I’m leaning towards a No. So I’ll abstain in my personal votes. We recommend a two-thirds majority to overturn a decision.

We have the ball rolling now on community voting. We’ll leave it to the community to figure this one out whether or not to overturn the decision (Vote Yes) or support the grant committee’s decision (Vote No) to back this project. I hope we can look back one day to celebrate the decision we made from the outcome of the vote. :tada:

16 Likes