OpenSwap’s request to build Harmony’s all-in-$ONE platform

Thats a really valid concern accordign to current market conditions.But actually i think only the 200k are given and for products that do not exist and are given partially when the products are completed.
From 300k, 150k is given to crosschain liquidity(promotes harmony) and the other 150 are going apply buy pressure on harmony by delegating on small validators.This have a lot of benefits for harmony.
Also i have to say that by watching what openswap is offering right now and what is there in the roadmap, i can say that openswap is a gem that gives harmony a really positive reputation.

3 Likes

@jbeltran is this grant also cancelled / indefinitely paused due to poor treasury management?

Or will openswap still get it as the snapshot voting clearly says yes?

4 Likes

Hey i have noticed grants were accepted today, are grants up again? how can we get updates into the matter? @giv sry if you are not the right person to tag was just wondering.

Hey! Just wanted to pass the info on from Giv:

1 Like

Thanks yeah thought so “exceptions”

So exceptions are being made for passed snapshot votes? We had a similar snapshot vote that passed. Did I miss a phone call or DM from Harmony?

3 Likes

Hey there!

Really want to see you guys cross this finish line per se as well, as I believe that your dapp looks great and you’ve obviously shown commitment to the chain. I looked at your snapshot and think that it would be a good idea for you to relaunch it based on the most recent guidelines. I know that sounds like yet another hurdle, but they require the snapshot use the quadratic voting method and that it last a minimum of two weeks!

Give the community a heads up prior to launching the snapshot so that everyone has their ONE undelegated and ready to show their support :smiley:

The current snapshot was done by the guy assigned to our grant, and as he told us it was done with the settings harmony uses for this cases, not sure why we would have to do one ourselves…

ah, I didn’t know that. I can’t remember the exact day that they updated these guidelines, but I started the MtopSwap one myself and they accepted it. I set it for three weeks just to overkill the standard!

There was no comment made about our grant not following the standards at any time, even the last time we spoke to the guy assigned to this like 6 days ago (for reference he said he is not in charge of this anymore so not sure what to say about that).

1 Like

We don’t really want to discuss if those things happen or not, but it would be nice to get a direct answer like we won’t grant you ever, so we don’t waste both of our times i think at least we deserve that, (This is purely my opinion and i dont speak for anyone on the openswap’s team)

4 Likes

I would love to chat anytime. I’m just kind of being dragged into this. I have no prior knowledge about this grant/proposal.

Would love to catch up sometime, and I would also love to introduce you to anyone you need to know, whether it’s on Harmony or other chains.

Consider my “insider” status at your disposal, @Lucio_cesolari1

4 Likes

Harmony created our snapshot without notice. No one on our team had any serious ONE unstaked to put any backing behind it. Given those circumstances, I was very happy with the support we were able to get from the community.

5 Likes

Understood, we had it happen the other way around. I understand that things have been very clunky and shifting beneath our feet and just wanted to make sure that you guys were aware that they updated their snapshot requirements, as I know that it takes time passing in order to get that out of the way!

1 Like

If we need your “insider” status to progress into the grant sure we can chat and catch up all you guys want (i wanna believe we dont need insider status to do it but so be it) but then again we just don’t wanna waste your time and ours, given that we have been in meets with harmony’s ppl over this grant as well as the dao grant answering questions as well as discussing the grant on chats, we have been on Harmony for more than a year its not like we just came up into the scene. i wanna be clear we dont mind discussing a grant at all we are trying to do the best we can on the ecosystem(in fact before the “close” of the grants we were discussing the amounts and timeframes and trying to find a middle ground so harmony would be more comfortable with the approval) we just feel we never end with a definitive answer, its always a maybe or closed grants but then there are exceptions or no answer at all and it feels really bad.

8 Likes

Hi friend, just popping in to say you’re welcome to engage and chat with us in our Discord at any time and we can show you what we’re building!

discord.gg/mtopswap

6 Likes

Guys try to keep it civilized and if you wanna discuss about mtopswap do it on your talk, at least i dont mind mtopswap at all in anyway i just need to get an answer to all of this in the most clear direct way, i think is the less we deserve.

2 Likes

Again it would be amazing if you guys keep your personal discussions out of this matter, i dont wanna mix stuff that doesnt have anything to do with our grant, it would only add to the confussion and add excuses to well not discuss the grant itself…Also its not like i can control devin who i dont know

4 Likes

I agree. For the record? I love what you guys have done already at OpenSwap. But I’m unfortunately not on this process.

Thanks i appreciate it, luckily the community has a good image of our product and what we do, but yeah this grant is something we still havent figured out and it would be amazing if we could get a real answer (mainly because we thought grants were gonna be closed for a long time and here we are with exceptions) I know you are not part of this process just trying to explain everything and well trying to get a decent response from someone in the process… i dont blame the process if its like this then so be it, id just like if it would be more openly expressed like this so everyone knows how it works…

4 Likes