Reimbursement Proposal [Horizon Incident]

2 Likes

Why you all trashing Stephen and Li ? Who came up with these proposals?

Givā€™s tweet doesnā€™t make sense, itā€™s unclear and Iā€™d like to know who came up with the suggestions.

** NVM Found the reddit post. :eyes:

2 Likes

Posted this on twitter, adding it here in hopes it gets a look:

Set up a Horizon reimbursement website to buy back 1USDC/1ETH/etc and repeg w/o major bot arbitrage. WL addresses for the amount they hold during snapshotā€“Hermes DeFi did this with PLTS. Open up reimbursement on an incremental basis as funds are raised.

For Ux, this would be similar to an airdrop except instead of just getting new tokens you trade in limited amounts of devalued bridged assets and receive full value in some other more price-stabilized asset on chain e.g. 1BTC.

This would start to float bridged asset prices immediately because now they would be backed & people could buy now knowing they will be able to swap later.

Total amount swappable could be capped for each repayment interval (weekly? Monthly?) e.g. $100 maximum in each swap window for the first 6 months to reduce need for immediate liquidity and ensure small investors are made whole quickly.

Project-led repayment plans could be set up separately using the same UI. @eddnorris led Founder Fountain could negotiate priority repayment, coordinate fundraising + promotions like the one ONEverse is currently running.

4 Likes

Treasury is for the team, ONE is for the community :smirk:.

looking at discord and twitter , i cant imagine the morale inside the office of harmony. Dont even dare to think of any positive hopes.

STSE you look damn humble and soft spoken ,apparently its ugly behind the sheep skin.

2 Likes

Oh no :frowning_face: Itā€™s setting the set-back even further back. This will dilute existing investors down, and pull the price of $ONE down even further too, i doubt that over a 3 year period it could fully ā€œreimburseā€ those that lost due to the hack.

I have no better solution to offer, just mortified that this is apparently your best option.

community first ā€¦

i nearly puke when i rewatch this.

1 Like

So only 15 accounts were affected ? Some percentage of the decision making must come from these wallets. I am just a small Nemo and all I want is that nobody involved in this community experiences something like Terra.

While going through your proposal you said the minted token would not affect the price, it also says you will be doing that gradually so you will be controlling it in someway. Am i correct in thinking so ?

You say you do not want to make use of the Treasury as you want to support the growth and overall well being of the ecosystem. I completely understand that but we never have asked you to use the entire fundā€¦ may be you can make use of some percentage of fundā€¦ and if this falls there would be no use of the Treasury but I get where you are coming from.

I am more inclined to the 50% proposal. And yeah a snapshot before the hack.
Why were we not able to trace the hacker ? Like did we run into a wall??

I wish you all the best, we must choose something which has a better chance and we need to keep it balanced.

• I believe that if people will think good, speak good and do good, the circles of goodness will grow in the world.ā€

Thank you if you went through my ramble. Lots of love.

They should of done two options:

Option One: Use their foundation treasury funds immediately to pay back those that lost the money. Then they can do their monthly ONE reimbursement to the foundation treasury.

Option Two: Ask their partners to fund 100mil in a loan or % stake at Harmony. Or their payment can be same way as monthly ONE.

2 Likes

Yes, increase the supply, rename ONE to some shitty INU and bam! At least you have Coinbase listing, you morons! Once any of those two passes, Iā€™m done with ONE, and Iā€™m not alone.

Wow most interacted-with Talk thread in a minute. Fantastic! (and I mean that)

In case itā€™s not plainly obvious, I (and the rest of the @ONEverse team) reject this proposal outright. If youā€™re leaving us with a binary ultimatum, you can keep your chain and weā€™ll go elsewhere.

@stse @lij your community has responded. We donā€™t want your plan, we donā€™t want your proposal. Try again or lose it all.

In the meantime, for any projects that need assistance in bridging off Harmony assets, @ONEverse is working with EZ Tools and XP Network to provide those services. All we ask is for any interested parties/projects to contact us.

2 Likes

The current plan doesnā€™t look good, the supply increase is too big imho.

Some preferable ideas to refund users :

• Use rewards from staking (from the 200M etc)
  • Use a portion of the treasury
  • Prioritize smaller wallets. Could be 100% refund up to 5 or 10k then decrease the % progressively

Combine all the above solutions to reduce the supply increase as much as possible.

4 Likes

I think the position of community is clear without voting! Can you work up again this plan??!!!

3 Likes

A big NO!

Donā€™t turn this into Luna 2.0

You should think of better alternatives and maybe get in contact with FTX founder, CZ or anyone else that might bail out this project

3 Likes

Please vote on these proposals to change how leadership/core team is allowed to operate on #HarmonyONE $ONE

https://www.reddit.com/r/harmony_one/comments/w9hh36/core_team_leadership_needs_to_change/

5 Likes

This proposal is trash! Please DO NOT mint any more tokens. This is not the way.

:rage:

7 Likes

Is there a plan to sell all the not needed stuff to recover some liquidity? I mean just sell the BAYC, how many does the team have 10? So thatā€™s already 1.5m
I would like to know how many of the affected Tokens been hold by dapps & protocols and how many are private?

4 Likes

You donā€™t seem to understand. The ONE token is for us. The treasury assets are for Tse to maintain his car.

4 Likes

Option 3 use the treasury funds to restore the peg or reimburse the effected wallets and or the projects that havenā€™t jumped ship (yet). Even if its only 25 percent of the 100M
Also reach out to your DAOS and
Join an AMA in Twitter and discord for several days.
Maybe use that 1st 3 year plan to make a harmony stable coin. Idk

2 Likes

Combine different methods

1. Sell Bayc , take a loan , search an investor
  2. Mint some one to compensate wallets up to a few thousand
  3. Use extra gas and bridge fees to burn one or / and compensate wallets over time.
  4. Redelegate a small percentage of staking rewards to do the same
    5ā€¦
    All the steps should work together
2 Likes