Barakah Finance - a shari'ah compliant DeFi ecosystem for the world's 2 billion Muslims, launching on Harmony, and disrupting Islamic Finance

excellent! wow that’s great news, thank you! super exciting :slight_smile:

I support this proposal. Hopefully you guys get the grant and reach out to more of our Muslim brothers and sisters :blue_heart:

Looking to invest in your coin, when will this be launching? Was digging around the site and its a lot of deadlinks at that moment.

Hi @Mannimal thanks for your interest! We’re busying working on an updated site with links etc, we are in discussions with the IDO platform for a likely early 20222 Q1 release as an IDO. You can join us on TG and Discord too now.

We’re busying working on Milestone #1 which is the testnet launch, and we aim to have that ready by next Friday. Would you like to be one of our first testers? We will be incentivising testers too through the provision of genesis NFTs, so do join our Discord please :slight_smile:

Within our Discord we are also creating a DAO, and will be running missions to help promote our project.

I’m actually probably available for this, but not seeing a link for your discord. Currently apart of the Telegram.

2 Likes

Here’s the link - please do join us. We will be releasing testnet over the weekend, and would like more people to test it out :slight_smile:

Update: We are launching our testnet today at 12:00pm UK time. Process for taking part:

1. Join our discord server: Barakah Finance
  2. Join the testnet-chat channel, and paste your MM address within the chat.
  3. you will receive 1000 BRKH testnet tokens for staking.
  4. Visit Barakah Finance by connecting to the Harmony testnet. You may need to add the token address in MM explorer to see tokens: 0x680dEEa3c90fa348E3F167c6C45B26687F9cCEd6
  5. Stake your tokens!
  6. Test reward rate updated on a daily basis based on the following conditions:
    a) growth of twitter: https://twitter.com/financebarakah less than 5 new followers in period [for testnet defined as a day] - 0% reward for following period of a day
    b) growth of twitter: https://twitter.com/financebarakah greater than 5 followers, less than 15 new followers in period [for testnet defined as a day] - 1% reward for following period of a day
    c) growth of twitter: https://twitter.com/financebarakah greater than 15 followers, less than 30 new followers in period [for testnet defined as a day] - 2% reward for following period of a day
    d) growth of twitter: https://twitter.com/financebarakah greater than 30 followers, less than 50 new followers in period [for testnet defined as a day] - 3% reward for following period of a day
    e) growth of twitter: https://twitter.com/financebarakah greater than 50 new followers in period [for testnet defined as a day] - 4% reward for following period of a day

Total initial reward pool is 6% of supply = 60m tokens. The reward for the period will be presented as a total number of BRKH tokens for that period (e.g. 100,000 BRKH tokens for the day).

Assessment will always take place at 12pm (noon) UK time of the twitter followers growth.

Shari’ah Compliance: This aspect of staking has been verified as shari’ah compliant by our Shariah Advisor through the following: The staking reward is known as a 'hibah bi-al-shar’t. i.e. a conditional gift.

We will also have in transaction fees/fines for early withdrawal for mainnet.

We are very excited to present the first shari’ah focused staking product on any blockchain (to our knowledge!)

It is early days, and we would like to update the UI with additional features such as a twitter widget with provides an up to date information on the twitter growth within that period, and we will do this for the mainnet release.

@Jacksteroo we would love for you and your team to join us too for this momentous occasion!

Could all feedback be provided in the Barakah Discord channel (testnet-chat) please? this will help us improve the offering for mainnet release.

I’ve just jumped on the testnet and staked my tokens.

Appreciate the help in setting me up @Barakah!

no worries thank you @nicholastan for joining us! :slight_smile: We have 12 people staking so far, and have had good feedback already. We managed to hit the 1% reward threshold for the first assessment of Twitter followers.

@Barakah checking in to see how things are going. Based on the posts above, funding’s released in tranches based on milestones hit. Summarizing it below:

• $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  • $10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
  • $10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
  • $10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
  • $10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

hey there! thanks for checking up on us :slight_smile: I wanted to confirm whether you had received our KYC details (they were sent by email?)

We’ve managed to hit the first deadline! We’ve had a v1 of our staking via barakah.finance and we received feedback from users and are currently building an updated version to take into account that feedback. Would that mean we still have reached the first milestone?

Hi @Barakah - did you get the KYC resolved? Keep the community posted on recent updates. Would love to hear from your team on milestones achieved!

Thank you

Hi @cheualx ! thanks for your message - no not yet - i have reached out in the TG group and would like a chat with someone from the team. We have been working on the shari’ah compliant part of the staking process for the past few months and we are only 2 weeks away now from releasing this into our testnet version. We are excited as we have had to engineer the smart contract to make it compliant and we have not seen a single example elsewhere - so we believe we’re the first on any blockchain! :slight_smile:

Any help from the team @Jacksteroo would be great - would love to speak please.