Binance wallets & staking

Can someone from Harmony contact Binance through official channels and at least tutor them on the importance of decentralization? Advice them to redistribute their stake, given the current difficult conditions? They can help a lot of small validators get elected and stay elected.

As an example, wallet #2 ( one1tvhgyvt94gkf7sqgude5tu6709kt9vg66pzwfv ) is staking such a fabulous amounts with validators that doesn’t even care about anything - they know they have a huge Binance stake and they don’t engage with the community nor they care about anything - they just sit quietly and profit.

Some of them have only Binance with a stake of like 50-100M+ and a dozen of small validators. I’m not speaking about everyone, but there are a lot of them there that just simply disappeared or never actually engaged with the community.

Our space is currently going through extremely difficult times and the small validators are running on huge losses just because they believe in what Harmony is trying to achieve. There are many huge validators, like I said, who stopped (or never did) engaging with the community just because the safety net a stake from Binance represents.

I hope this post reaches not just the Harmony team and Binance but other big holders as well. I hope you understand that if we don’t go towards decentralization NOW we’re busted. And you, the big ONE holders, have the power to help in this difficult situation by staking with multiple validators.

We, as a community, need to start looking in the same direction and I believe that decentralization must be on everyone’s agenda. If small validators decide to go then we’re done as they represent like 80% of the total number of validators, maybe more.

At the end it might not even be possible, who knows (I don’t), but I know that we need to address this and make it a well known issue for everyone in the community.

Make of that what you will.

4 Likes