Community DAO Election for Term 6 Q1 2023

The three month Term for the Community Governors’ Term is ending soon. Get your candidacy in!

The Harmony Community DAO are tasked with the goals of representing, expanding and strengthening the Harmony community.

The Harmony Community DAO mandates are as follows. These mandates serve as the ultimate role for the Harmony Community DAO:

Growth : board users on missions and culture, pollinate values across communities

Engagement : Amplify content of roadmap and milestones, creative campaigns of products

Diversity : Solicit voices and votes in forums, reinforce strong governance participation

As a Governor for the Harmony Community DAO, you will work on deliverables for the DAO and be expected to provide them in a timely fashion. The Harmony Community DAO is a flat organization with no internal hierarchy, all Governors should be self-starting contributors who can work autonomously without supervision. You will encourage member participation in the DAO and always look to the community for consensus.

Ideally, as a governor, you will have experience in social engagement, finance, secretarial or project management.

We encourage all who are interested to submit their candidacy for an elected position as a Governor of the Community DAO. The dates regarding the election process are as follows:

Harmony Community Governors will serve a 3 Months term from Sunday, January 1st, 2023 until Friday, March 31st, 2023

Please consider the Community DAO Charter & their Annex for rules

Submit your Candidacy
Starting Thursday 1st December at 12am PST/8am UTC: Submit Your Candidacy — To submit your candidacy, go to Community - Harmony Community Forum and make a new topic with the title:
Community DAO Council Q4 2022 Candidate: XXXX as the subject line (replacing “XXXX” with your name, of course). Fill out any details you believe are important for the community to know about you in order to receive their vote and provide answers to the following questions:

Are there obstacles you see in being able to commit up to 10 hours/week as a DAO governor? This amount of time is not a requirement, but an inability to commit time by some members has been an obstacle for the current DAO council in progressing objectives.

What skills and/or abilities do you hope to bring that would be beneficial to the Community DAO?

How long have you been in the Harmony community and why do you want to run for a position on the council?

What timezone do you live in for the purposes of potentially scheduling a 2nd AMA?

NOTE: The pool for candidates CLOSE at Thursday 15th December at 12pm PST/8pm UTC. No candidates will be considered who enter AFTER that time. Thursday, December, 15th at 12am PST/8am UTC: The Field is Closed — Once a candidate has submitted their candidacy to talk.harmony.one, they are free to campaign. Visit reddit, visit telegram, twitter or other social media channels.

Campaigning
The days between Thursday, December 15th and Saturday, December 17th will be dedicated to conversations and communications about what the Harmony Community DAO means to you, what should and shouldn’t the Community DAO do and asking the members of the community to vote for you.

There will be a Twitter Space AMA on the Community DAO Twitter Channel on Wednesday, December 14th, at 2:00pm PST/10:00pm UTC. The candidates will be able to respond to questions from questions from the community. We will seek questions from the community prior to the AMA. If necessary, there will be a 2nd AMA scheduled to accommodate candidates unable to attend the prescheduled AMA. Candidates should reach out with alternate times.

Elections
The election runs from Saturday, December 17th 12am PST/8am UTC until Saturday, December 24th 12am PST/8am UTC. At the end of which the new Governors will be elected into their positions. The vote will be held on Snapshot in the Community DAO Space.

Once the election closes on Saturday, December 24th 12am PST/8am UTC we will know who our governors for the Community DAO will be. They will be integrated into all current communications systems and start the organizing process in accordance with the charter.

The new Governors will start their Term 6- Q1 on Sunday, January 1st, 2023.

5 Likes

Dear Harmony Community DAO,

I am thrilled to announce my candidacy for governor on the community. My name is Affirmation2021, and I have been an active member of the Harmony community for quite some time. I am a traditionalist and fundamentalist in this space, and I am a firm believer in personal responsibility and accountability.

As a Vigilante of the web 3 space, I am constantly striving for results. I believe that it is our responsibility to hold ourselves more accountable than we hold others. I have always been impressed by the Harmony Community and its potential for growth and innovation. Harmony beats each chain in one way or another, whether it’s speed, cost, or user interface.

If elected as governor, I want to see the Burn Initiative with R1 and rogue validators take center stage. I also want to see more projects developing on the Harmony Protocol. As a self-driven individual, I am confident that I can bring a fresh perspective and a can-do attitude to the role of governor.

I have always been impressed by the Harmony Community , and I believe that it has the potential to reach even greater heights. Harmony is a community that I care deeply about, and I want to be a part of its continued success. I am planning to launch my own project in the coming months, and I hope that it can inspire others to do the same.

Thank you for considering my candidacy. I am excited about the opportunity to serve as governor, and I promise to do my best to address any issues and discrepancies within the community. Let’s work together to make Harmony an even better place.

Sincerely,
Affirmation2021