Education Partner - ABlockofCrypto

Hi Paula! Your proposal is in line to be reviewed by @Jacksteroo. I can confirm it is not lost in the list! I hope you are having a great week and I look forward to following your progress as you begin to connect with Jack.

Matty

1 Like

Ok @Mattyontap I will sit tight and wait for @Jacksteroo.

Thank you kindly for your help, sorry to be so impatient!!

Regards

Paula

1 Like

Completely understandable!! Have a great week Paula!

1 Like

Hi Paula, I’m fairly new to crypto but keen to learn more about it, blockchain, Web3 … so thank you for creating this proposal. …100% support this!

Hi @PaulaG
I share the same mission. I am using D.tube a decentralized video platform to post tutorials about my favorite blockchain tools.

Anybody is welcome to request a tutorial in French or in English.
I will be pleased to participate to aBlockofCrypto
Why don’t we build an education DAO? to discuss the best way to educate people to blockchain tools.
Best,

Great proposal Paula! On-boarding and education is far and away the biggest hurdle this industry faces. We at the OneCan team want to do everything we can to work towards a solution. Let us know if you need help with anything :slight_smile:

Project Update

On review of the content, we have made a substantial change to the delivery of the course. Initially, this Expert track was going to be delivered over 9 weeks, but after review, we feel for students, considering the depth of the content it would be best delivered over 18 weeks. We have updated the proposal accordingly.

We have also pushed back the start date of the first block of students due to a delay in the migration of the domain. The migration of the domain will require a small amount of downtime, which we are not prepared to suffer during a block. The first block will now commence towards the end of Feb.

We are now working on some more gamified aspects such as digital artwork and the possibility of having NFT’s to collect along the way.

Bais as I may be, yes education is a hurdle. Thank you for your support, we might actually need a little help if we can secure this partnership. I will touch base with you by DM at a later stage. Thanks

1 Like

Hey @PaulaG The community DAO is looking for candidates for the upcoming election. Have you thought about running, think you would be a great addition. :grinning:

Thanks @kenny, if I was so preoccupied with the launch of this first track I would consider it for sure, but right now, my focus is on getting this project right. But thank you for the consideration

1 Like

You’ve gained quite a following here @PaulaG. This is rather unusual ask as it does not fit our current grant model.

Alternatively, I’d suggest we can think differently here. Modeling after the ZKU.one initiative (a much harder course than an intro), we are happy to incentivize students, say with $100 in ONEs, upon completing your course, with a goal of graduating up to 1,000 new students every month.

This is an incentive model to onboard new students, pay them for giving you the attention to learn about blockchain and the web3 economy. Also, web3 economy allows you to own your content, and possibly broadcast your content through a new web3 media channels which allow you to manage and control earnings.

I hope you can research this further and circle back with a modified proposal.

1 Like

Hay @Jacksteroo and thank you for your feedback.

I think the engagement shows the need for an educational programme outside that of coding. So many people want to get into the industry but don’t know where or how to apply thier tradational business skills.

The entire blockchain space needs a new wave of users. A large portion of devs are focusing on copy paste projects with diminishing levels of innovation. And most users are just chasing monetary gains. We want to change that, and we would love to put Harmony first and foremost in the minds of the future innovators and entrepreneurs. The ones that will hire all these awesome devs other programs are growing

When I created the proposal I was unsure myself which grant model this would fit under. I had considered events, and I had also considered a proposal for just one block of students. It would be really good to have a chat about the options, would this be possible at all?

I really would love to get to Ethdenvor as to be honest, I struggled to see how a partnership of such calibre could be made without a personal relationship.

In effect ABlockofCrypro is a marketing company, through education and events. This expert track is our flagship product. I would really love to invite you, and all of the Harmony team to the first block as I know it can be hard to vision what this program has to offer???

Unfortunately its not a case of monetizing content on web3, as much I would love to, but the space and opportunities are not developed enough. Those killer Dapps for content creators, educators and other web2 businesses have not yet been developed to a fully adopted product. But I’m so looking forward to the furure and I hope we train the entrepreneurs that solve this problem and I hope we bring the users ready to champion.

We have already set up mechanisms to onboard students and encourage completion and to reward students for thier attention. We are using NFT’s and will be minting some on harmony. Which leads to another possible synergy and opertunity for us to work together? I would love to talk before I submit another proposal

Our training and events require trainers and facilators. The expert track has a lot of student outreach and it will created two full time jobs based on 200 student per block. This investment of time into the students will help increase retention and completion rates and us a core part of our model.

I would love to circle back, improve on this proposal or submit a new one, but I would really love some guidance. How can we best help you? How can we bring users to Harmony? How can we support the entire Harmony ecosystem? how can we make sure the next killer dapp is built on Harmony? How can we encourage tradational business and web2 business to coniser the move to web3 with Harmony being thier blockchain of choice? We can build an educational marketing plan to suit Harmony and Harmonys budget for such activities. Let’s make it bespoke with more syrigent milestones.

I really hope you will consider some dialogue to see how we can best help each other. I understand this process is for openess and transparency. But like I said having a chat about the options might be a better start. I dont want to waste anyone’s time with different proposals that don’t suit the need of Harmony.

I look forward to your reply and hope we can schedule something.

Kind Regards

Paula

hi @Jacksteroo, if you want to close this proposal, I will submit a new one. I’m finding it a bit difficult as I am unsure how we can fit into your current grant model, but I do have a modified proposal, that seems altered enough that it warrants a new submission. Thanks :slight_smile: