Grants: Infinity Ecosystem

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Infinity Ecosystem

Application type

Grant / Partnership

Proposal overview

Proposal to fully integrate Harmony chain into the Infinity ecosystem. Including integration of ONE and all tokens on the Infinity Wallet, and deployment of the Infinity Protocol and Infinity Crypto (DEX) on the Harmony chain.

Infinity Wallet is a unique user-centric DeFi wallet, focusing on providing seamless use and accessibility for all on Desktop and Mobile, bringing a wide range of unique features and advancements. As the only desktop wallet of its kind, the Infinity Wallet focuses on DeFi usability, it has been engineered and crafted to the smallest detail, to bring a smooth, secure and seamless experience to all users, no matter their crypto experience. We are continuously working with projects to find ways to bring new innovation and developments, to make growth and adoption of chains and tokens easier, as the all-in-one gateway to decentralized finance.

Infinity Crypto is an advanced user-centric interface for the unique Infinity Protocol (AMM). Infinity Crypto provides the complete decentralized exchange experience, from simple swapping to advanced charting and trading, liquidity providing, staking and farming, portfolio management and in-depth analytics, all in one place. While leveraging unique user experience advantages of the Infinity Protocol, such as flexible liquidity providing, allowing to easily add/remove either a single token or any amount of 2 tokens to a liquidity pair, as well as much more.

The Infinity ecosystem is constantly evolving and has many further developments planned over the next year which will additionally be brought to Harmony, including mobile wallet, in-wallet decentralized trading and staking, DApp store on Desktop and Mobile, NFT gallery, buy/sell crypto, limit order trading, lending/borrowing protocol, decentralized index protocol and much more.

To learn more about Infinity Wallet, Infinity Crypto and Infinity Protocol current and future features and advancements, please visit the documentation linked below in external links.

We currently have around 300-400 daily new users joining the Infinity Wallet. In the coming months we will be looking to do a big push on marketing once the Mobile release is out, which will target between 80,000-100,000 additional new users over 3-4 months across the ecosystem.

Proposal ask

We are asking for $250,000 to fund the development resources needed to fully integrate Harmony into the Infinity ecosystem (the Infinity Wallet, Infinity Protocol and Infinity Crypto), as well as maintain support and development over the next 12 months. There are considerable infrastructure costs required including developments, maintenance, marketing and several other factors when integrating support for new chains, especially across 3 advanced and unique products.

Additionally, as talked about with some of the Harmony team on telegram that informed us to post the proposal here, we would appreciate initial liquidity support for launch of the Infinity Protocol on the Harmony chain.

External links

Infinity Wallet - https://infinitywallet.io
Infinity Wallet Deck - https://infinitywallet.io/docs/Infinity%20Wallet%20Deck.pdf
Infinity Crypto - https://infinitycrypto.com
Documentation - https://docs.shardcoin.io/

Community Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • More info needed

0 voters

9 Likes

As a long time supporter of the Infinity Ecosystem and a recent investor in ONE, I would love this partnership / grant to come forth !

3 Likes

I would very much like to see this partnership happen! I have been using the Infinity Wallet for some time now and it’s amazing. Their Dex (Infinity Crypto) is also very easy to use. I think it would be great if we could integrate Infinity with Harmony!

I genuinely believe there is great benefit for both parties, I have been involved with the Infinity Ecosystem for a while now and see nothing but sheer hard work with limited resource and complete transparency with the community, this would be fantastic if it could pass!

I think the Infinity products are top notch. Adding Harmony as an option would definitely be an asset for the community.

@InfinityWallet great to see the proposal submitted to have Harmony $ONE be included in your wallet

This proposal is suitable for the Launches category as mentioned in Harmony Grants and Investments (Paused)

1. 500 Launches ($20M). Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each: $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet, $10K after mainnet launch, $10K after forming a DAO with its community, and $20K for after 10K users.

Can you explain the level of effort (scope of work, engineering hours, etc.) to require a $250K ask? Harmony is an EVM-compatible chain, and the integration should be similar, if not easier than other EVM-compatible chains like Polygon. Checkout our docs at https://docs.harmony.one

If you’re ok with going to the $50K Launch category, with the milestones above, we can approve your proposal upon a brief review by our Head of Research. Let us know.

1 Like

Hello Jacksteroo,

We are actually in contact with the Harmony team on telegram regarding the proposal, which informed to apply under the grant program as a well established ecosystem looking to collaborate with Harmony across multiple platforms.

From your reply I am not sure if you realize that we are a pre-existing advanced multi-platform ecosystem, with already tens of thousands of users and growing at around 400 users a day, and not just applying as a wallet or a prototype for launch. Also, you mention it should be easy to port over, however Infinity Wallet is not a basic web3 wallet as with most others, and has many developments that would need custom implementation for full support within all its features. While Infinity Crypto requires several developments over 10 weeks to integrate Harmony and continuous support into future developments, taking a lot of time, marketing and maintenance, as an advanced platform with many additional features not found elsewhere.

If preferred we can split this into 2 different platform proposals, starting with the Infinity Wallet?

Thanks

1 Like

looks promising good luck infinity team

I hope this collaboration will benefit all users and help the Harmony community grow.

This “Infinity Ecosystem” looks like something harmony could really use, I’m all for it.

@InfinityWallet we’ve reviewed your proposal and it does not justify $250K for the integration costs. You’ll need to give us a breakdown (to the hourly cost of resources like engineers, and cloud infra). Also

• There are zero infrastructure costs if you use Harmony’s RPC endpoints (see https://docs.harmony.one)
  • If you are to integrate with the Infinity Protocol on the Harmony chain, it’s very similar to other EVM-based chains (I see you have Ethereum)
  • You’ve already spent the marketing dollars for all the other tokens you’d be supporting, Harmony would be just one more token to add on your site
  • What does the team breakdown look like (experiences and roles, GitHub/LinkedIn will help)?

We applaud you for creating a fantastic looking web and mobile app combination (looking forward to the launches) but it’s a product that’s in-flight and we don’t have visibility to what’s going on. Lastly this looks like a Launch category, now that I see you’ve not fully launched yet on other chains. Moving back to Launches category

1 Like

Hello Jacksteroo,

As already mentioned the Infinity Ecosystem is a fully established ecosystem and not a launch or prototype. Infinity Wallet has full support for multiple chains for over a year with tens of thousands of users and Infinity Crypto is fully launched on BSC, both have more features than you will find on their closest equivalent platforms and focus on mass adoption and usability. Just because we are planning to expand further with additional features, platforms and chains, does not mean that the ecosystem we already have is not fully released and functional.

It may be easier if we post a separate proposal for each platform, as there seems to be a lot of confusion around the 2 unique platforms and protocol we are proposing. As well as a misunderstanding about the level of quality and features that we offer, and the developments required for us to deploy on a new chain such as Harmony, which lacks resources and services that would need to be developed. Infinity Crypto is not just about deploying a smart contract, the costs come from the development and integration of all the custom services required, from user portfolios, historical data, analytics and much more that will need to be developed and maintained to support Harmony.

Regarding the marketing mentioned for a new chain launch on Infinity Crypto, this would be specific to the deployment on Harmony and focus on the marketing required to drive growth of liquidity and users on the Harmony chain. Any cross-benefit with other integrated chains is mutually shared.

We welcome you to join the group we have on Telegram with the rest of the Harmony team, so that we can more easily clarify anything and guide you through the Infinity Ecosystem.

1 Like

Looks like a refreshing change of pace from all the food clone exchange spam. Going to try out the wallet to see if it works as good as it looks and let you all know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello @InfinityWallet team - I am excited to see your proposal here in the Grants forum and I look forward to further engaging with you.

Off the top, we should acknowledge that the Harmony Team and the Infinity Team have been looking at launching the Infinity Wallet for some time now. In fact, they submitted for a grant in last years $7M Grant program (how times have changed…)

Given that things have changed - we should look closely at harmony.one/300 to see where we can fit Infinity Wallet, Infinity Protocol and Infinity Crypto in there.

Let’s take Infinity Wallet first. I would encourage you to read through this post regarding our efforts in 1Wallet. As you can see:

We are funding projects with task bounties, hackathon prizes, seed investments, or even fully DAOs; we offer grants for launching a new product, porting an existing product from other chains, or marketing campaigns with cross-chain partners. See the following document for our full guideline.

There are funds for wallets. When we look at /300, we find this paragraph about “porting an existing product”:

1. 100 Ports ($20M). Recipients of each grant for porting must have achieved product-market fit. Harmony helps scale these thriving projects to our mainnet. We recommend $50-250K each over 4-8 weeks, on projects already with active 10K users, and engaging their teams in public forums. Prime areas of market growths are Play-to-Earn games, musician fan clubs, investment DAOs, portfolio dashboards, and event and collectible curators.

The take away is that we need to make sure we line up the justification for the next 4-8 weeks for the port. (NOTE: Not a year of operational costs).

@InfinityWallet Please provide public verification for the 10,000+ users.

Regarding the requirement to engage in public forums, I invite the community to to view their deck where it shows that they have 47K followers on twitter, 11K+ members in Discord, and 58K members on Telegram.

We should then follow up regarding the amount of the grant. Asking for $250K without a breakdown in costs has caused a slow down of this grant. If we can break this into smaller proposals, it will be easier to verify and to justify.

Please tag me in the response!
Thanks.
Sam

1 Like

How did it go @Frans ?

Hi @Sam,

We agree it would be easier splitting this up into 2 different proposals, starting first with the Infinity Wallet integration at $50,000.

The Infinity Wallet now has over 1,000 daily new users joining the wallet, which has been growing week on week. A lot of the growth is due to Infinity Wallet being one of the only desktop wallets of its kind, providing a wide range of unique features focused around DeFi, DApps and user experience.

As part of this integration Harmony will be integrated into Infinity Wallet’s many advanced features, as well as future integrations we look to integrate such as browser-less DApp connecting, NFT support and much more we will be looking to further expand on.

Please let us know if the Infinity Wallet individual proposal should be in a new post or if this is fine.

Thanks

Hey @Jacksteroo, I did give the wallet a go with eth. It connects fine with the dapps i use, uniswap and 1inch have a button on them to connect with infinity which is easy enough and after that it works like metamask just not in your browser. Has a lot of nice things that metamask doesn’t, like the portfolio charts and I can see my transactions without going to etherscan. Also seems that you can bridge between eth and matic in the wallet, would be nice to do that for one. No issues so far other than can’t manually add harmony chain :cry:

Their dex looks nice and I like the style but I don’t use BNB so didn’t try that.

1 Like

Approved for $50K Launch grant for the Wallet integration. Congratulations to the team and welcome to the Harmony Ecosystem! :tada:

Looking forward to the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony.

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

1 Like

Thanks @Jacksteroo we appreciate the acceptance of the grant and look forward to collaborating with Harmony. We have already begun the integration and are in contact with Sam on telegram.

We are happy to inform that we have completed the integration and support for the Harmony Chain, and have launched publicly on the 24th of December (https://twitter.com/InfinityWallet/status/1474400095135309846)

1 Like