Harmony Team: What's your criteria for delegating with certain validators?

Hey, Harmony Team! I’m wondering what’s the criteria that you use for choosing to delegate with certain validators. I know some of the validators that you stake with and some of them are heavily involved in the community, so I have no complaints there. However, you also stake with some validators that have 100% fees (like hsd) or even with some validators that have been ineligible for months.

I know that I’m in no position to demand an answer as to how you manage your funds, but as a Harmony Validator, I unfortunately have to compete with other validators for a slot within a set of limited slots (900). So, if I have to compete with validators that you’re funding, I’d like to know why you’re funding them and whether I’m “competing” under fair circumstances or not.

If you could give a general answer, great! If you could explain case by case why you stake with that specific validator for transparency’s sake, that’d be even better.

Thank you for all the work that you do :blush:

Here’s the list:

EDIT: Someone asked the same question on Discord 9 days later and this is the answer. I figured this much, but could you guys please be more transparent? Are you actively managing these delegations?

5 Likes

This is a fair question and I am also intrigued by the answer…

3 Likes