HIP-12: Vote equality

Thanks for the question and the tag, @ONE4All.

The current state of play on our Snapshot is that we have two methods of voting. (A) you are a validator so you vote with your BLS keys, (B) you are a holder so you vote with your tokens (1 token = 1 vote).

The Quadratic Voting w/ Bands was designed to open up a new option for voting (see the bounty for an explanation). However, that bounty has been closed because I figured out that there was a better more systematic approach to getting more options for voting.

Our snapshot instance is a fork of an older version of snapshot. If we bring our snapshop up to the current version, other voting mechanisms (including quadratic voting) will be enabled.

Additionally - we have integrated Aragon (in testnet right now) and we are working on DAOhaus / MolochDAOs and other DAO related tools that will help provide additional voting options for the DAOs. (@giv has been working non-stop on these so, please give him your cheers).

This bounty wasn’t designed w/ validators in mind, but rather with the common token holder in mind.

I haven’t commented yet on HIP-12 as I don’t run a validator so I am not part of the “interested community” but I would just caution the group on removing key game theory and economic incentive portions of the protocol governance. I am not going to say more about HIP-12.

Thanks!

4 Likes