Incentives Programs - Metrics

gm

I am doing some research for my blog and I hope this is the right place to pose this question.

I am doing some research for an article I am writing comparing different L1’s and their incentive programs. I was wondering if someone might be able to show me the best place to see information on Harmony’s programs including:

• Are incentives paid out in USD (or other fiat) or native token?
  • How much of the allocated funding has been used or consumed to date?
  • Can you provide names and consumption totals for projects who have received incentives?
  • How does governance work? Is it programmatic based on specific criteria or does it require human intervention?
  • How are funds distributed? Is there a wallet address that can be monitored where the funds are sent from?

If someone might be able to help with any information on this front I would greatly appreciate it. Some of this information was posted on a Notion site I found but it wasn’t current and looked to be last updated in 2021:

TIA

1 Like
  1. Incentives are paid out in ONE.

2. I’m curious too. No clear information about that from the Harmony Foundation.

3. Here Airtable - Approved Harmony $300M Grants.

4. DAOs are mainly using soft governance, with the use of Snapshot for the major decisions voting. Some DAOs are exploring more rigid governance structures and building their own DAO operation frameworks.

5. Each project/DAO has its own multisig address in Gnosis or Aragon. The multisig is controlled by the team + active governors (chosen from the project/DAO community). Funds are sent from the Harmony Foundation addresses.

1 Like

Wow thanks so much for the help on these questions!! I will have to review the airtable and may have more questions there as I dig in.

• For #2 do you know of anyone at Harmony that can help with that questions?
  • For #4 I am more referring to the process of governance and approvals with Harmony in how funds are allocated and disbursed. For example, Fantom uses a programmatic system based on TVL of projects that requires no human intervention while others are approved via voting or forums
  • for #5 do you know the address(es) of the Harmony Foundation where these funds are sent from or is that public knowledge somewhere?
  1. Only the core team or Harmony Foundation members.

2. Harmony Foundation is primary funding the new projects. If the project is good - it should find to make money and become sustainable itself (imo). The decisions on funding are made by the Harmony Foundation brunch that is responsible for funding.

3. I don’t. This point is insignificant to me, so I never asked. Anyways it’s not possible to check the depth of the reserves by those addresses.

1 Like

Great thanks again for your help and responses. Is there somewhere where the core team and foundation members are listed or how to contact them? Your information has been really helpful would like to see if we can get an answer or info from them if they are open to answering questions.

Thanks for perspective on #3 … ultimately just curious to know if there is any way to track these incentives and distribution in a way that doesn’t require reaching out and asking questions like on this forum :slight_smile:

Join Harmony Discord server: Harmony

Yes I am already joined but the few messages I sent on this topic were not answered. Specific channel or people I could ping maybe?

• Are incentives paid out in USD (or other fiat) or native token?

Native token (ONE)

• How much of the allocated funding has been used or consumed to date?

Out of the $300M fund, so far $36M has been paid out.

• Can you provide names and consumption totals for projects who have received incentives?

There are 262 grantees/projects so far. You can see the list here.

• How does governance work? Is it programmatic based on specific criteria or does it require human intervention?

We have guidelines based on the chosen track. Provided the proposal meets the criteria, the proposal is then reviewed by a grants committee. The committee is made up of Harmony core team members and community contributors. The committee also relies on feedback from the broader community who can participate from the Harmony public forum, where proposals are posted.

This process will be further decentralized shortly via the Launch DAO, moving the governance over to the community.

• How are funds distributed? Is there a wallet address that can be monitored where the funds are sent from?

Funds are sent from the Harmony Foundation’s wallet to the grantee’s multisig wallet. Having a 5 out of 9 multisig wallet is a requirement for funds to be distributed. Transaction details are posted on the proposal post publicly.

Thanks and I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your help on these questions.

As I dig in a little deeper I was curious if the totals on the below site would be updated eventually or if there is a better place to track progress of the funding over time?

There is a section on the below link titled “Success Metrics” that looks like it was last updated in OCT '21 that I am specifically referring to.