Investment: TT - Tech Talent

Name of Project

Tech Talent

Application type

Investment.

About Tech Talent

Tech Talent is a blockchain-based system proposed to help address the worldwide shortage of tech skills. It works by stimulating the search and development of the talents that the digital economy needs. Companies define the technology skills they need by sponsoring digital badges on Tech Talent. Mentors, working as sport scouts, seek out people and help them learn the skills needed to earn badges from the sponsored company. The sponsoring company has access to the list of people (talents) who have earned the badge.

The system is responsible for rewarding participants through the distribution of tokens used to sponsor badges. Mentors and Talents are rewarded for badges earned and when the sponsoring company hires a Talent. It is a win-win ecosystem run by the community. The most demanded skill tends to be the most sponsored badge attracting Mentors and Talents who will try to meet this demand.

In addition to the objective of helping to supply the most in-demand tech skills, Tech Talent can play an import social role by allowing the “so to be discovered Talent” in underserved communities the chance to study, earn badges and financially help their families during this process.

Tech Talent wants to capture the billions of dollars that companies around the world spend to promote tech education by introducing a more open, efficient and equitable system.

Proposal overview

We are super excited about Tech Talent, but need to face reality: NOW IT’S JUST AN IDEA. At the moment, it’s just a pitch deck (techtalent.aprender.digital).

Does it work? We believe so. But we need to test!

In this proposal we seek for investment to pilot the idea. We can scope the pilot with the help of Harmony the community, but it will look something like this:

• Develop 3 badges related to Harmony technology;
  • Open the badges to 10 Mentors, 100 Talents and 1 validator;
  • Lock/sponsor 100K ONE tokens to distribute to Mentors, Talents and the Validator.

Proposal ask

Investment of 55K to develop and run the pilot and 100K ONE tokens to distribute to Mentors, Talents and the Validator.

Metrics for success

• Lightpaper describing the tokenomics for the pilot;
  • Detailed requirements (3 badges) related to Harmony technology;
  • Mentors and Validator definition;
  • Smart contract and UI development for the pilot;
  • 100 Talents recruitment;
  • Pilot on mainnet;
  • Badge issuance to Talents that achieve the related goals;
  • ONE token distribution;
  • Pilot evaluation report.

External links

Tech Talent Pitch Deck.

1 Like

Hello Tech Talent team,

Thank you for considering to build on Harmony. At this stage, Unfortunately, your proposal is not ready for funding based on the guidelines at Apply for Grants or DAO due to the following reasons:

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

We hope you continue to build on this concept and circle back when it is ready to be discussed further. Thank you for choosing Harmony.

@HarmonyUniverse can we apply for the Income :point_down: to develop the prototype? Tks.

Hello @HarmonyUniverse, @giv, @lij and all the Harmony team!

I liked this project very much. I think it needs more details (for example I don’t think I get what the Validator means…) but it looks very promising. The pilot proposed by @PSB could help bring more developers to Harmony!!

Hope you guys find a way do finance this project. :four_leaf_clover::crossed_fingers:

@FreeT thank you very much for your support and feedback.

The Validator is an important part of the Tech Talent community. The Validator’s role is to verify that the Talent has actually developed the skills to earn the badge.

I hope this clarifies your question. Once again… Thank you for your support and feedback.

Hi @PSB ! Came here from your Discord post. Hope it’s not too late. :slightly_smiling_face:

I liked this type of study to earn model. But is it really feasible? Play to Earn games are having a hard time keeping the value of their coins. SLP (Axie Infinity) came from 0.33 to 0.011.

If the project goes further let me know. I would like to be a Mentor!!

@Ernest thank you very much for your support and feedback.

We do believe that the tokenomics of this “study to earn” will work. Axie Infinity SLP, at the moment, can only be used for breeding and staking (Katana). So there’s not much demand. Maybe when they release the land feature (Lunacia) the SLP mint will balance with its burn.

In the initial version, Tech Talent will not have its own token. Therefore, the gain of the students will come directly from the sponsorship of the badges. For example, in case the project uses the Harmony network, the company will sponsor the badge using the ONE token.

As the project matures, it is possible to study the validity of having its own token.

We are already counting on you to be a Mentor. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awesome!!! Best of luck to the project!!

Does anyone can be a validator? How to control if the validator is not cheating the network only to get the rewards?

I was reading other funding proposals here @PSB. If you think more broadly, can tech talent be organized like a DAO? What do you think @frwrdslosh , @lij , @giv , @Jacksteroo ?

@FreeT. Anyone can join the network as a Student/Talend or Mentor. A validator is a trusted node on the network. It goes through a special process. We have proposed some metrics to monitor the quality of your work. Rewards are also influenced by metrics.

@FreeT. We think that adopting the DAO model is the future of TechTalent. Thanks for the feedback.

hi PSB,

At the moment we are focusing on feature complete prototypes and ready products. Please continue to build and once you are ready with a prototype, you are welcome to apply again.
Thanks agian!