The Blockchain world is rapidly evolving. Not only must we adapt to the exponential technological developments and breakthroughs, but we are now also required to establish and implement new methods to master the fast-growing demands of knowledge.
We also have to ensure that the knowledge provided is applicable in a hyper-dynamic, decentralised environment—an environment with an extraordinarily diverse but interoperable approach. Without an element of out-of-the-box thinking and novel methods for academic inquiries, the facet of education, research, and training will fail to counter the newly discovered challenges. In our opinion, Education DAO is the ultimate solution for the factors above.
We strongly believe that the availability of quality developers is straggling behind the exponential demands of the Blockchain industry. Rolling out an Educational DAO will demand instituting a bootstrapped approach to enacting change in education.
In addition to this, it is essential to consider that South Asia and the Middle East region are estimated to have around 8 million computer science graduates and developers. This is a major motivating factor behind launching a call to create an EDU DAO.
This will cultivate, nurture and boost the promising talent of young, competent, and skilful computer science programmers. Furthermore, we aim to also develop partnerships with conventional educational institutions to increase Blockchain awareness around South Asian markets. We firmly believe in creating a dynamic community that leverages all the knowledge and insights of how & what to learn in the Blockchain field - benefitting every member of the Blockchain world. It consists of the education arena, industry, and society. Our proposal ethos is fundamentally based on the Blockchain spirit and values: transparency, p2p, decentralisation, and open sharing.
To achieve our target, our objectives and strategies are mentioned below:
1.- Educational sector:
The Education DAO endorses an understanding of how Blockchain can enhance the educational sector. This considers every possible aspect - from establishing developer communities, safeguarding their identities, protecting their privacy, financing their coursework, measuring their progress, and recording their credentials of achievement through open-data exchange protocols.
The Education DAO supports the education of the ecosystem on several bases, such as; the development of micro-credentialing capabilities, models of pay-as-you-learn funding, numerous open-online courses, and the co-creation of open educational resources. These make meta-university and lifelong learning affordable and accessible to countless students globally.
2.- Phase 1: Year 1-2
A 2020 LinkedIn survey found the following:
Blockchain skills are no.1 in the future economy and business world.
At the moment, we have a significant challenge to resolve: exploring how Blockchain transforms education. This is especially challenging for higher education, vocational schools, community colleges, universities, and corporate training and development. It is nearly humanly impossible for an individual to follow the dynamic and vast technological changes, shifts, and daily trends.
Our initial and preliminary goal is to target Pakistan in the South Asia region and then expand into the Middle East. It is interlinking the tech and education community with other Harmony DAO organisations to promote a promising future in Blockchain by strengthening and connecting globally.
Creating a consultation platform to support developers with startups and to help advance the South Asian ecosystem. Knowledge is fundamental when it comes to creating and innovating.
Our Platform Development :
Attract and train new/adept talent in Harmony Ecosystem from Pakistan.
Develop a 1-year fellowship program for computer sciences graduates to become Harmony-certified programmers. This program will prosper in collaboration with Harmony’s core development team.
Bespoke Global Educational platform will be developed for Harmony Academy from the ground up to follow a structured training program.
1-year Harmony certified developer program via the Harmony Academy portal, established by an in-house development team.
It enables access to online tutoring, virtual lecturing, and learning facilities from internationally renowned tutors in the field of Blockchain.
Highly interactive content will form the core of decentralised faculty for Harmony foundation, and it will be further strengthened by building partnerships with educational institutes in Pakistan.
It creates an opportunity to enable pro developers to succeed by redefining the Harmony DAO by using innovation through creation. This will help the development of BC on a bigger scale and contribute internationally.
The ‘Work in Harmony’ acts as a joint platform for knowledge sharing, community support, and exchanging ideas. It proposes the possibility to tackle common challenges together.
The DAO model will surely make the work of all participants significantly more effective, easier to keep up to date with a more significant impact and transparency.
Our Public Awareness Program :
1) Meet-ups for the tech community
- We are creating awareness regarding the benefits of the Harmony Blockchain and onboarding new members to it.
- Update the community on culture and vision (empathy, passion, and excellence).
- We are using these ‘meet-ups’ as an opportunity to create more ambassadors.
- All the major software houses
- University students
- Tech Influencers
- Assessing and publishing information on events, attendees and analysing feedback to improve further development.
- Meet the relevant stakeholders to create an enabling environment around Blockchain to facilitate and educate the narrative builders (e.g., tech journalists) on this space concerning the potential benefits.
5) Hackathon and bounties
- Initiating hackathon across Pakistan at the university level.
6) Potential partnerships on youth-related I.T. initiatives WITH regional and federal government.
- Provide incentives to accelerate the adoption of the Harmony Ecosystem (LearntoEarn).
7) Website for inventors/community to submit ideas and concepts
- A decentralised system to vote for ideas. The DAO reviews if an idea needs to be taken forward.
8) Visit Schools/Colleges
- Lectures and Talks in schools (grade 9-10) from our ambassadors to encourage and instil interest in tech/Blockchain To assist them in choosing a tech career path.
- Talks from our ambassadors on university fairs (specifically I.T. universities) on how Blockchain will change the outlook of industries, startups, tech firms, and government. Enabling students opportunities in these career paths. This will encourage students to pursue their specialisation in Blockchain and languages that complement the Harmony ecosystem.
- Sponsor university events/fairs.
Our Social Media Awareness Program :
- Harmony Pakistan Telegram
- Harmony Pakistan Reddit
- Harmony Pakistan Instagram:
- Work with influencers who are already talking about cryptocurrencies.
- Reaching out to IT students with the future prospects of entering the Blockchain community, specifically in the Harmony ecosystem, and joining our developer community.
- Measure impact by reaching and engaging people contacting to join our community.
- Harmony Pakistan Facebook:
- Run paid promotions on Facebook to promote the narrative and benefits of the Harmony Blockchain ecosystem.
- Engage influencers for collaborations.
- Measure impact through views, clicks, and people contacting to join.
- Harmony Pakistan YouTube:
Engage YouTube influencers to further the narrative of the Harmony ecosystem.
Engage influencers to promote the 1-year Harmony certified developer
Harmony Pakistan Discord Community; do weekly community calls
Harmony Pakistan Twitter:
- Start new Twitter trends, For example, #JoinTheHarmonyEcosystem
- Support existing trends based on Harmony.
- Approach Twitter-based influencers for collaborations.
3.- Phase 2: Year: 3
We aim to establish a decentralized work environment where developers work in a manner that suits their needs. We will develop a 'Work-in-Harmony’ Dapp where developers can work in full-time, part-time, contractual, or freelance roles.
Our ‘Work-in-Harmony’ decentralized work sourcing platform will directly compete and challenge conventional platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer.
The platform will facilitate emerging technologies in Blockchain, D.L.T., and AI.
A smart contract-enabled environment between the parties will make contracts and remittances on the platform frictionless and considerably more efficient.
4.- Use Case: Problems with Centralised Platforms
Centralized platforms charge a high processing fee from developers ranging from 10-20%.
Leading platforms charge developers membership fees of 25 to 50 dollars per month to use the platform.
In addition, 3% payment processing fee for the employers to hire a developer to the paying party.
Poor currency conversion rates impact payments to developers, especially in countries where the native currency is not U.S. dollars.
Centralized systems only value their revenue but not the organization’s quality.
Hourly rates paid to developers have no inherent mechanism to reward developers for quality and efficient coding.
The current popular platform has no code validation rating; only a review-based rating system is currently applied, which is subjective.
5.- Tokenomics and Reward System
Programmers and developers using the platform rewarded in stable coin, Harmony, or a combination.
Where Dev takes part of the payment in Harmony, they will have a lower commission to pay provided they honour Harmony’s vested period.
Users who stake Harmony year on year will benefit from paying even a lower commission with loyalty and maturity bonus.
We aim to encourage developers to stake Harmony. The higher the stakes developers have in Harmony, the more inclined they will be to Harmony Ecosystem.
At present, all freelance platforms have no matrices to measure the efficiency and quality of the developer. It is all based on subjective reviews, which cannot be generalized. Work-in-Harmony will change that.
Harmony lab and code libraries will be audited to rate Devs or Dev team’s performances.
Performance markers to include:
- Efficiency of development
- Quality of code and debugging
- Security level
- Code deployment and front-end interface
- Communication and involvement in education and development of the system
Long term scope of the project
In addition to building Harmony Education DAO and Work in Harmony Portal Dapp. The long-term scope of the foundation includes developing and supporting harmony foundation hubs, research & development labs across the globe.
DAO foundation can establish specialist labs to the primary foundation, for instance:
- DApps and Web3.0 Lab
- Core lab to help improve the layer 1
- Code lab to debug all layers of the ecosystem
- Secure lab for security
- Finance Lab for Defi and Liquidity
- Enterprise Lab to promote partnership and solutions
- Research and Development Lab to help implement forks and upgrades for the founding team. The goal of the Education DAO is to connect institutions teaching Blockchain around the world. We will also develop a community similar to LinkedIn for Blockchain to include:
- Venture funds
- Public and corporate entities with Interest in Blockchain, Cryptography, and A.I.
- Offer services to other Blockchain projects public or corporates
- Build partnerships and grants for both public and private ecosystem growth
- Code validation pool and automation
The aim is to develop Harmony code libraries that auto-deploy:
Phase 1: Partially automated
Predictive code from the library but will still need manual deployment
Phase 2: Fully automated code libraries
1) Elect Governors from Key Sectors:
Our aim is to be actively involved with the Harmony community and local talent and bridge the two. With the consensus of the community, we will start our process by electing relevant governors:
a. Academic Curriculum Governor: one from an institute background with a programming language track record.
b. Governor portal and web development: one for virtual or hybrid curriculum design with background experience from Open University.
c. Harmony core team Governor
d. Harmony developer team Governor
e. Project Management Governor
f. Chief Architect - SM - Chief Technical officer for Information. A seasoned and successful Technologist with a track record of designing, managing, implementing innovative business solutions. Highly motivated with a proven ability to develop teams and commercialize all aspects of Business. Group CTO and responsible for Network Design, Cloud Computing, Hyper scalers, and Data centre implementation for Liquid Intelligent Technologies Group. Play a vital role in the company’s merger and acquisition and expansion. The coordinated multimillion Dollar life cycle of various projects in the Telecom Sector. Developed technical skills over the last twenty years in Telecom Technologies, including Power, Transmission, IP, Wireless, Mobile, IOT, IT, cloud, and Data centres tech. Master in Computer sciences, Cisco, Java, and Oracle Certified. Over twenty-five years of development and project management experience.
g. Influencer and Technology- MS -Computer sciences graduate and technology influencer. Ex-president King’s College London Students Union. Actively bringing advanced learning concepts to developing countries with campaigns to bring equal education opportunities to all. He has over a million social media followers from the South Asia region.
h. Marketing, Management, and Brand Awareness Lead- BBS -With a degree in MSc Innovation & Entrepreneurship from the London School of Economics, he is a serial innovator and business consultant. His impact as an entrepreneur was recognized by international platforms notably Forbes and he was included in the Forbes 30 under 30 Asia list for 2020. He is serving as a Management and Marketing consultant for Blockchain projects and specialises in investor relations, partnerships building, outreach, and crypto launch and progress. He actively works to mobilise and educate young talent to maximise their potential with the Government as a youth adviser and is a youth influencer in the aforementioned field.
i. Operations and academics-Dr. BM is a Blockchain researcher and algorithmic trader interested in layer one/layer two projects. Expertise in running ground operation of a team of 45 individuals. Skills include managing budgets, running operations according to the timeline, and keeping the team/community goals aligned. Furthermore, he holds an academic position and has been actively involved in teaching and curriculum delivery for the past eight years in the U.K.
2) Kick-start public awareness program using the following channel
Make Discord and Telegram group*
Twitter and other public social media channel presence*
Regular video feed via YouTube*
3) Formalise Harmony Academy structure for South-East:
a) Finalise 1-year Harmony certified developer program with Harmony team, including flexible learning and contact modules.
b) Follow the pay-as-you-learn model.
c) Make partnerships with local I.T. institutes and incentivise exceptional talent.
d) Offer a 1-year clause to work for Harmony DAO after fellowship completion.
f) Have clarity about Golang CLI, Java SDK, Python SDK to be included in 1-year fellowship, or they will be independent advance modules delivered by demand and interest.
g) Define objective and progress matrices with the harmony team regularly.
h) Offer refresher courses to improve and further develop programming skills.
i) Agree on a hackathon structure and bounties to flourish a competitive environment within the community.
Organisation’s Flow Chart
Budget Forecast - Year 1
We are incredibly thrilled and motivated by the vision and initiatives taken by the Harmony core team to make a profound difference in the real world and develop a genuinely decentralised global team with an equal opportunity slogan. Given the above, we propose South Asia DAO with the associated yearly budget of $928,000. We want to ask for $232,000 funding for the first quarter to kick-start the project. We want to start the project in Pakistan as a local DAO and the hub to build Global Harmony Academy Education resources. Once established, we will replicate the model in other South Asia and the Middle East countries. We aim to make South Asia DAO successful and contribute and facilitate different DAO’s and Projects in the Harmony ecosystem.