OneVote: Anonymous voting solution with out collusion

OneVote: Decentralized anonymous voting platform

OneVote is fully decentralized anonymous voting application. OneVote allows users to vote without revealing their identity. It is leveraging Semaphore and zk-proofs for anonymous signaling and privacy preserving.

Application type

zkDAO

Proposal Overview

This application allows anyone to create new voting process or to vote on already existing processes. In order to vote users need to register their identity. Registration is done with the use of Semaphore smart contracts. User’s IdentityCommitment is stored on chain, but their identity remains private. When casting a vote, proof of registration is created and verified by Semaphore smart contract. Users are not allowed to vote on the same voting process twice. Double voting is disabled with the use of external nullifiers (voting process id). Nullifier hash (hash of external nullifier and identity nullier) is stored on chain and checked every time voting happens, which prevents double voting.

Use Cases

This application can be used by DAOs as a governance tool. DAO members can vote on important decisions without revealing which voting option they chose. This privacy aspect is really important as it prevents discrimination and possible conflicts inside DAO. OneVote can essentially be used for any big public decision, where keeping privacy is important.

Competitive Landscape

Right now, there are some dapps focused on voting, especially for DAO purposes (Aragon, Snapshot…). But these apps lack anonymity. User’s public addresses are exposed, which can lead to possible conflicts or revealing personal identity. OneVote is overcoming these issues, by providing anonymity to voters, while achieving the same goal.

Proposal Ask

The OneVote application will be established to be community-driven and self-funded by the DAO in a bid to bring privacy to the DAOs. In order to get this up and running, we will be requesting the $15k/year stable basic income to take care of initial development, welfare and operations costs.

1. launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  2. forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
  3. launching on our mainnet with audit
  4. attracting 1k daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
  5. attracting 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Our public road map

Objective Date Status
Testnet launch Feb 27th Done
Beta Testing and Fixes Apr 21th Pending
Smart Contract Audit May 30th Pending
Mainnet Launch June 31st Pending

External links

1. OneVote Application
  2. Github repo

Screenshots of current Web app (alpha version):

1. Home page
  2. Voting process

Mainnet ETA

Mainnet launch will take place June 31st, 2022

We are actively looking for more members and active testers to join OneVote.

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear what OneVote is supposed to achieve, but some more work needs to be done to get it up and running. Nonetheless yes from me as a governor.

2 Likes

yes from me as a governor too. i also suggest the applicant to flesh out more plans re: how to distinguish this from similar products, e.g. AnonyVote which is also funded through our zkDAO program

1 Like

DAO tooling is a key focus in the Messari report and this tool will be a necessary addition to the ecosystem. Yes from me as governor of zkDAO

1 Like

Anonymous voting is a much-needed tool for DAOs. Yes from me as governor of zkDAO.

1 Like

Yes from me as a governor of zkDAO. Looking forward to see the final product.

1 Like

WIth 5 votes from the dzDao governors, this project will be funded. since the applicant has already reached milestone 1, we will start paying out DBI.

1 Like