Poly Network Support Harmony

Name of Project

Poly Network

Application type

Partnership

Proposal overview

Poly Network is an interoperability protocol for heterogeneous blockchains. Poly Network has implemented interoperability with heterogeneous chains including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo, Ontology, BSC, HECO, OKExChain, Polygon, Elrond, Zilliqa, Arbitrum and Cosmos-SDK. Since the launch, the protocol has enabled cross-chain asset transfer of more than $13 billion USD involving more than 260K addresses on different blockchains, and its TVL surpasses $1 billion USD.

Now, we can provide cross-chain FT token Bridge, cross-chain NFT token Bridge, and cross-chain swap, it can help other chains dApp quick move in Harmony Ecosystem, we find Harmony have an ecological incentive for the dApp which want to build in the Harmony Ecosystem, so many dApps will migrate from other chain to Harmony Ecosystem, the heterogeneous cross-chain bridge is very important for you,so we have some interesting in working with you to have a cooperation.

Team

MAC - Tech Leader, github.com:tanZiWen

Proposal ask

• Partnership[Co-marketing, technical support, facilitating interactions with Harmony’s partner network]

External links

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolyNetwork2
Telegram: Telegram: Contact @polynetworkgroup

1 Like

MAC - I hope you’re doing well.

I would like to get a better understanding of the ask in this proposal. Can you describe what Poly Network is looking for on the Harmony side of the partnership? I see that Zilliqa participated in a Poly Network AMA and tweeted a partnership announcement. Are you thinking along the lines of cross-community AMAs, Twitter announcements from official Harmony channels, etc.?

If you could describe the ask in more detail that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

thanks for you feedback, yes, Zilliqa had a AMA and tweeted a partnership announcement with us, actually, we also prepare to support harmony, and we need a technology support, if we have any question when we integrate with harmony, the technical can help us to solve it quickly, it can help us reduce the integration time, i know you support EVM, and can use solidity to write the smart contact, so i think the integration is very easy, if we finish the integration, we hope we can have a AMAs and Twitter announcements from official Harmony channels.

1 Like

Hi Sososo,
Did Ziliqa provide all of this to you as well, alongside with the dollar amount you are asking from Harmony?

1 Like

sorry, it’s not for grant, it’s for technical support.

Thank you, that clarifies it. Appreciate the response.

Thanks for the clarification @Sososo. I’m tagging @papi who would be better suited to determine feasibility of your ask. To make it easy for Peter, I’ve bulleted the request below and feel free to correct anything that might be wrong.

• No funding is being requested. Instead the request includes items listed below:
  • — Harmony to provide support should Poly Network have issues with the integration.
  • — Partnership announcement on the official Twitter account after completion of integration.
  • — AMA on respective channels - Harmony AMA on Poly Network and Poly AMA on Harmony.

Peter - any thoughts?

Sounds good. One thing that would help us is a little about your bridge architecture - as you know we have our own bridge, and several others are building bridges on our behalf also. Some info on what makes Poly different would be helpful.

So, yes on the ama. Happy to publish an integration announcement and we can help when there are any technical issues. We need to make it clear that this is a 3rd party bridge and when there are issues, users need to go to Poly and not Harmony.

1 Like

yes, i know you had your own bridge, but i think you still need us to help you, we had connect with Layer1: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo, Ontology, Switcheo, Zilliqa, Fantom, Avalanche, Elrond, BSC, HECO, OKEXChain; Layer2: Arbitrum, XDAI, Optimism, more in the future, and if any dApp of all this chains want to migrate into Harmony, it can help them quickly to do it, and the bridge token can transfer in different chains directly. and another situation, if user want transfer BSC-USDT or Arbitum-USDT or other chains to Harmony, it still need through Ethereum or Centralized Exchange, it need high cost, more operation, but we can help us do that directly, and one transaction can over 10million usd once, low cost, quick speed, one-click.

2 Likes

hello, Can you add my tg @asdkgg @dpagan-harmony , we can continue the progress.

This proposal is approved under the conditions outlined and as Peter described above. Thank you and we will reach out on Telegram to continue the discussion! Cheers and we’ll speak to you soon, MAC.