Reimbursement Proposal [Horizon Incident]

I would really like to understand why you thought this plan was a good idea.

I havent seen a single positive comment about it from anyone.

400M got unstaked, the damage is already done and continuing, if you (+Li ideally) dont resign as Team lead I have little hope for Harmony to be quite frank.

6 Likes

You must allow community members to submit their proposals so you may brainstorm our ideas and come up with different options.

Thanks. You need to be more present with the community

Harmony must work on communication skills with its community!

2 Likes

I think a better option would be to increase transaction fee, if the Harmony grows to the Billion people then a very small increase in transaction fee would cover this issue rather than creating more coins and reducing everyone’s else’s coin value. By creating more coins existing coin holders will be paying for the refund where as a small transaction fee increase will be hardly noticeable and the fund could be kept for any future surprise issues or to buy back and burn existing coins. Might be a good idea to have security back ups to prevent a similar attack in the future.

I just lost my 2 year hard earned 6k$ money from staking here in just 1 day . 2 years went to waste.

1 Like

At least they are trying to give reimbursements. Using the treasury is a horrible idea. That will bankrupt the team and then all upgrades stop. If that happens then Harmony dies. Inflation is terrible as well, already too much ONE is entering the market by paying devs, etc with it… We need an open bridge so arb can take place between chains and people can use the system again. Collect bridge and transaction fees, these will go to a holding address that will build up, then setup a website where people can exchange their 1Assets for these collected fees if they so choose and overtime everyone should be paid back. We need that new trustless ETH bridge, and let people exchange the 1Assets for dollar equivalent of ONE tokens collected from fees. (Not unlimited minting like Luna only redeemable from the collected fees) 1Assets should re-peg fairly quick if people know they can redeem them for equal value eventually and once they are repegged then no need to pay anyone back since everything is back to current price.
Let the arb bots fight out the repeg. Harmony will get off way cheaper then trying to repay the entire amount in ONE.

1 Like

Also consider leaving Harmony, you might be blind and dont see it but all you and Li recently do is hurt the project, community and even team members. Consider it, before core team members start leaving if you arent even listening to them. And i can bet you your whole net worth that team members will start to leave. You are a toxic leader unfortunately, you dont listen, you just want to fill your own agenda, and you are wrong waaay more than you are right. I asked you long ago to self reflect but seeing how things developed from that time its safe to say you are incapable of doing that. So just leave, before its too late for the whole project.

EDIT: this might come out super hostile, but i cant stress enough how frustrated people are, i bet even in the core team, and you are walking on super super thin ice. I am not sure you are aware how critical this is, not just for reimbursement and community sentiment, but also not losing good team members that you dont listen, much like you didnt listen before. Stop doing that, i see some really good team members here now, LISTEN to them and stop acting on your own. You alone are not Harmony!

8 Likes

I don’t know how this all works but I’d be willing to take a 2% hit on staking rewards to help pay for the loss. Not sure if that would cover it and how long it would take but I’d like to see Harmony put in also without minting.
Also someone suggested we could maybe stack the %. Like anyone under say 10 million 1%, 50 million 2% and 100 million 3% etc

2 Likes

Now we wait another month for them to announce an announcement, dump $ONE into secret internal unproductive meetings, and again end up ignoring and passing the buck on the community.

Host public meetings with direct communication between leadership and community or shut it down.

Investors need to see what the dialogue is like between core members or else there will never be trust in this project. Become transparent and listen to the community and this can get back on track. Otherwise, nothing has changed at all and this was a poor excuse for a solution that you supposedly utilized all your best people and resources to arrive at.

I am happy to see that you are communicating through talk :pray:

1 Like

You clearly deserve to be paid. I worked close to you in several occasions and I know you were really invested and worked countless hours for Harmony.

2 Likes

Hold an AMA

Be transparent about the whole hack

Get the team together

Screw the investigation excuse to keep us in dark , we are not getting back the funds anyway, would prefer the truth .

Firstly, thank you for listening to the community. These two proposal would have hurt the community more than the hack. The hack was very very unfortunate. The people who lost money they are already hurt. And we don’t have any way to give them the money back straight away. So we need to concentrate that We don’t hurt anymore people.

There is a proposal for you to consider.

From the reward (441m one) take 100 million one out every year.
And put up the transaction fee to 0.5 one . (The community can vote on to bring the transaction fee down as the price of one goes up) We do around 400,000 transaction per day. That’s 73 million one a year.

That’s the total of 173 million one.

Pay the 173 million one (100m from reward+transaction fee) every year to the affected wallet until it’s paid off.

It’s may sound like it’s going to take a long time to pay it off but hear me out.

We will pay 100 million in dollar so as the one price goes up and we do more transaction We can pay it off very quickly.

For example:-
First payment will go on 1st of September 2023.
Just imagine the price of one is .05c on that day.
So we paid off $8.65 million only.
Second payment will go on 1st of September 2024.
Imagine the price of one is 10 cents on that day.
So we paid off $17.3 million.
Third payment will go on 1st of September 2025.
Now imagine it’s a bull run time. The price of one is $0.50 on that day.
That’s a total of 86.5 million.
Now we paid it all off.
Of course, if the price of one doesn’t reflect my example, it can take longer. But on the other side if we do more transaction a day we can pay it off quicker.

The transaction fee should have been burned but it’s been added to the inflation without benefiting the community, to compensate that:-
After paying it all off, the total of 441 million reward will go to reward but from all the transaction fee 25% will go to treasury and the rest 75% will be burn all the time regardless of surpassing the reward amount. So in the future one will be Deflationary. not today, Not tomorrow, but as the transaction volume goes up one will eventually be “deflationary”.

3 Likes

I’m sick to death of unanswered question. I have given so much to harmony and mostly for free, im exhausted with this situation :man_facepalming:t3:

Why / how was the bridge hacked? Why was there only two signatures?
Who’s seed phase were impacted? What their name
What’s the update from the FBI?
Why do the team hold so much ETH?
Why Stephen, did you go use twitter frequently but not post since Feb / March? As soon as the going got tough he was silent. We just wanted you to stand up? We’re you personally struggling? Is there something we don’t know as that was the most crucial moment in your time of leadership and we just didn’t see it.

Why did the team shut down when the going got tough? We heard nothing and we we’re only updated by a marketing manger who manages the harmony one twitter

Why, when shit hits the fan do the devs team win and still get their slice and we lose when the chain is mismanaged to the current state.

Honestly, hand in my heart I would rather the above be answered than getting my investment back in the green.

I have worked for free for Harmony moderating their discord and telegram and have done so with integrity and put in some serious hours @HarmonyDragon can confirm - all for free. Because I love the responsibility and I enjoy helping people.

I have spent a year making creative content for harmony defi who have either since left or been left in hot water form the hack. I love the chain and the community. We need to believe if you again @stse @lij we need to see you stand up, be active. We need you to both be authentic, we believed in you both before, we can believe in you again. But a lot of time needs to spent rebuilding your relationship with the community.

We want harmony’s core value to be reinstated “transparency” please answer my questions.

12 Likes

Dear one investors and community

Go f yourselves

Signed
The harmony one team .

I think that makes your reimbursement plan easier to understand.

2 Likes

Harmony needs a board of directors. This dictatorial approach clearly doesn’t work. Stephen and Li aren’t smarter than the rest of the team combined.

2 Likes

doesn’t it already have that?..community…validators (and the way this was positioned in their direction?)

It better be something good that is of actual benefit to those who supported the chain. I am ashamed of you @stse for even putting this first proposal out to the community. You have already lost the faith of most people on the chain by not being transparent and putting threats to the community in a proposal that we had no input on. You really need to think about stepping out of the role of CFO and CEO and hire some people who have ran successful businesses before and let yourself focus on what you are skilled in, the tech. I think you have proven to yourself multiple times you do not have the required skills at the time to manage a company this large. That’s not a bad thing by any means we all have our skills and should focus on honing those to the best of our abilities and not stretching our skills out across multiple fronts and being mediocre at them all. Give us a good proposal, show us that you know you need to step aside from leadership and assume a more tech oriented role, show us we can trust you. Show us that all you said about community wasn’t just public double speak to look good.

4 Likes

Sure we get a vote, but we clearly had no hand in their initial proposal or it wouldn’t have come across so tone deaf. Board of Directors from the top down would be better than wasting our time with this BS or having an egomaniac dictator calling all the shots.