This discussion is about NFT NYC conference attendance

Participation for NFT NYC Event 2022 - from South Africa

Good day,

My name is Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku, a multidisciplinary artist in the fields of music, film, television, and fashion. I am a queer black woman from South Africa initiating my country’s first Models Guild and an active participant in the web 3 community, creating ethically and financially formidable ecosystems for all creative pursuits mentioned above. I’m creating a global platform called POTENTIAL, for models to tokenise and license their likeness and image on the blockchain aside from my pursuits in music and video NFTs. This brings to speak about NFT NYC, the leading annual Non-Fungible Token conference happening in New York City, Times Square between 21st June 2022 - 23rd June 2022.

NFT NYC - https://www.nft.nyc

I reach out to you today requesting grant support to attend this event. In conjunction to my attendance, I’ve pitched to perform at a sub event called ZORATOPIA by ZORA, the leading protocol built on the Ethereum blockchain that allows artists and developers to create their own NFT marketplaces and collections.

ZORA - https://www.zora.co

ZORATOPIA - https://www.zoratpia.world

Linktree - Nirvana Nokwe | Linktree

In the spirit of cultivating a global community and network, it’s important for there to be representation and active participants from all parts of the world, who are building visibility and community in the creative blockchain. To be part of these events, which have a huge focus on NFTs, would bolster my knowledge in Web 3 education. It would also serve to expose not only me to a wealth of meaningful connections & networks, but the world to the unseen creative innovators of South Africa. Networking this conference will prove to be invaluable to me as a marginalised, gender non-confirming black woman and place me in a position to make collaborative change that I can bring back to South Africa while expanding further into the world.

Conference Attendance Objectives:

• To present ideas and facilitate collaboration with others - creating awareness of my personal brand, upcoming music, film NFTs as well as presenting the platform POTENTIAL to wider more relevant audiences for developmental support.
  • To network - build meaningful connections with web 3 professionals, blockchain wallet companies, NFT marketplaces, developers, creatives and collectors. Garnering support and cultivating sustainable environments of opportunity.
  • To discover new opportunities in the NFT space & overall blockchain, expand knowledge and find solutions to accessibility, legal and technological evolutions.
  • To create awareness around the systemic social and economical limitations that creatives from the third world experience and facilitate discourse in creating systems designed to eradicate these disparities.
  • To cement connections IRL with communities and platforms established online.
  • To inform and collaborate with my social media audiences and community leaders in South Africa of the opportunities present within the creative blockchain.
  • To perform at ZORATOPIA (tentative).

Schedule:

Departure Flight: between 19th June 2022 - 20th June 2022

21st June 6th and 23rd – NFT NYC

Tentative dates – ZORATOPIA

Return Flight: between 24th June 2022 - 25th June 2022

Financial details:

Conversions (1USD = ZAR16,16) on flight tickets calculated according to pricing on the 16th May 2022 and are subject to change. Kindly leave room for changes on these amounts thus the total.

Tickets NFT NYC = $749 General Admission

Accommodation, Food, Transport: 4 nights x ±$350 = $1400

Flights = cheapest early tickets R12 928 ($800) - normal priced early bird R25 000 ($1546)

Total: between USD2949 - USD3695

Metrics for success:
Attendance would provide visibility, platform and facilitate room for meaningful long lasting connections. This exposure to knowledge and network are of unquantifiable valuable for marginalised people, like me, especially from third world countries. The currency disparities, timezone differences and limitations to access make visibility, participation and contribution to innovation in the blockchain slow and difficult. This attendance would dramatically expand the potential for growth in my endeavours as well as my ability to really bridge the two worlds and open opportunities for connection and growth between South Africa and other participants from all over the world .

CHIRON (art film) - Nirvana Nokwe ft Xhulu - CHIRON (Video) - YouTube

The Food Court Documentary - The Food Court - Evenings of Soulful & Conscious Cuisine - YouTube

SEXGREGATION Short Film - SEXGREGATION - YouTube

My Public Trust Wallet Address to Receive ETH: 0xc3327d76678F881CeF1c741d5A8706cd342F83e0

I’d like to thank you all for this opportunity to apply for funding.

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and assigned to @essalacher on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest and for bringing this to our forum, @nirvananokwe
Unfortunately, we are not providing sponsorships for events at this time. We sincerely apologize for the dilemma and wish you the best in your initiatives.
We welcome you to check back on the forum for more updates regarding events funding status. :blue_heart: