Tradescrow - Trade anyone. Anything. Safely

Project | Guild | Proposal

Tradescrow | Spacing Guild | 50K Grant

The Problem

With the sheer amount of valuable assets that exist on blockchain, users should have a safe and secure way to trade their assets without having to liquidate via a marketplace DEX. Some reasons are, but not limited to:

• The items available via DEX are valued below market average. A great example is eggs from DeFi Kingdoms

• NFT assets have approximate value, and can be traded directly for other NFT assets

• There are a multitude of valuable assets that can be traded as a bundle to equate the value of another asset

Having this trading mechanism would foster safer trading, and reduce the attack vector for scams. Simple, seamless, and trust-less is the standard we have come to expect.

The Pitch

A website that allows you to safely trade any amount of assets of any kind with another user. A contract that is published, transparent, and reliable. An experience that feels intuitive and can be used without a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. A transparent, flat, low fee for the service. These are things that have existed on Web2 for so long that they have been taken for granted and there is now a void where this service should exist in blockchain.

The Details

I have written a contract to trade any quantity of ERC20 (FT - Fungible Token), ERC721 (NFT or Non Fungible Token), ERC1155 (UT - Utility Token - Can be an NFT or FT or both), and Native token with another user. This contract has already been deployed and verified on Harmony. I started on this project prior to the DeFi Kingdoms grant announcement out of a frustration for the nefarious happenings that were taking place in back-alley discords. Recent events further emphasized the necessity of the service and I doubled down to turn my dream into a reality. I wrote a rough implementation of the UI envisioned but have a high bar for the applications I use and applications I make should be no different. I have - in the time since the announcement - been able to find an amazing UI developer, and together we have managed to deploy a fully working V1 product prior to public grant consideration!

The Fee

The fee will always be transparent, native to the network and low . It is currently set at 30 ONE, with no plan to increase the amount. The equivalent on Avalanche would be approximately 0.059 AVAX. These fees will help continue development long after any grant money has been used, and reinvest into the ecosystem.

The Grant

We are applying for the 50K grant. The grant money will be used, in its entirety, to fund continued development of site features. A portion will be used to recoup funds spent in advance.

The Deliverables

• v0 Development :white_check_mark:

• App Concept & Logic Design :white_check_mark:

• UI Development :white_check_mark:

• Contract Development :white_check_mark:

• Contract published and verified :white_check_mark:

• Testing and User Feedback :white_check_mark:

• V1 Rewrite & Product Launch :white_check_mark:

• UI React Rewrite :white_check_mark:

• Contract Development & Upgrade :white_check_mark:

• Feature Complete :white_check_mark:

• Contract Audit

• Passing Score

• No vulnerabilities

• V2 Enhancements

• Multi-chain functionality

• Open trading

• NFT model rendering

External links

Website | Discord

10 Likes

This is absolutely genious and so needed for Harmony ecosystem. I hope it gets the grant real soon

2 Likes

This is a brilliant utility in allowing trustless swap of any-to-any tokens within DFK as well as any other dapp/gamefi tokens.

2 Likes

Can you please provide more info on what the current app does? Would you be building on top of this app or are you starting from scratch?

Please take a close look at the guidelines for the Launch Grant track.

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product.

We also require that you acknowledge the following payout deliverables:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

1 Like

This is needed very badly on Harmony. Super exciting

1 Like

A fantastic escrow service at a fraction of a price. Very user friendly and clean interface. Easy to use. Gonna be a GAME changer in the space!

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Can you please provide more info on what the current app does?

From above:

trade any quantity of ERC20 (FT - Fungible Token), ERC721 (NFT or Non Fungible Token), ERC1155 (UT - Utility Token - Can be an NFT or FT or both), and Native token with another user.

Said another way, this app allows 2 users to trade their NFTs between each other without having the need for one user to trust, the other and send first, nor without needing to trust a 3rd human who is equally as likely to run off with their stuff!
The purpose of the app is to make Harmony a safer place to GameFi by giving users a safe way to trade without explicitly selling for a token.

Would you be building on top of this app or are you starting from scratch?

and

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product .

Ive just written this app. This is the prototyped feature full product for the grant. The contract is interchangeable on testnet, there just are not many tokens for a user to test with.

We also require that you acknowledge the following payout deliverables

I acknowledge the payout deliverables.

2 Likes

Love it. We need more tools that promote a true “ownership experience” allowing more choices/freedom with our assets rather than being stuck within a certain platform’s parameters.

1 Like

Exactly the type of thing that people need to peer-to-peer trade in a trustless manner. I’m actually amazed something like this wasn’t already around. 10/10 for sure, yes. Grant this man so we can all benefit!!!

1 Like

This is a brilliant idea, and one I was actually trying to develop myself, so kudos to the dev for getting this to market. I wholeheartedly support the application and consider this is exactly the sort of project that grants should be given to

2 Likes

Approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Funds will be released upon completing these milestones

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

Please join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel and Harmony’s Discord server.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread here, to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

3 Likes

Congrats! This should be awesome for trading heros, lambos, plots and other digital assets.

1 Like

Tradescrow has been added to testnet! Just go to the regular url :). The multisig wallet has also been created. Will send in proof shortly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sent in the form for both testnet, as well as multisig :slight_smile:

Thing to note: Only tokens have been added to the approved list for testnet. I do not know what nfts are actually active to be traded. If someone would like to use a testnet NFT just let me know in discord and ill add it :slight_smile:

@DirtyCajunRice I can’t seem to test your app. I get a blank screen with these errors:

Looks like you may be having some wallet conflicts if i had to guess. I havent had a single person report that! Please join the discord so i can troubleshoot with you :slight_smile:

I fixed it. I don’t think the issue is wallet-related. I cleared local and session storage and then it worked.

Approved for testnet milestone but you still need to send details on your multisig/DAO:

I sent the multisig data about 30 minutes after i sent the testnet data. Would you like me to re-send sir?

Please share a link/address of your muiltisig here

really glad to see this dapp ready to launch and approved for funding. as recent history has shown, this is something that’s much needed on Harmony

As for @DirtyCajunRice, I’ve been impressed by the work I’ve seen from them lately. I’m glad we have a dev like this in the Harmony ecosystem

2 Likes