Validator DAO Elections - Q1 2022

The three month Term for the Validator Governors is ending soon. Get your candidacy in!

Now it is time to choose your Harmony Validator DAO Governors

The Harmony Validator DAO is tasked with the goals of representing, expanding and strengthening the Harmony Validator and Delegator community while supporting the Harmony Protocol and Network.

The Harmony Validator DAO Mandates

• Decentralization: bootstrap thousands of elected validators, grow diverse validator profiles
  • Security: support high staking rate, promote security practices and tooling
  • Participation: facilitate protocol upgrade proposals, recruit votes for improvements

Decentralization: As a Governor for the Harmony Validator DAO you will assist with the onboarding of new validators through education, direct assistance and improved automation tooling. You will provide education and training in addition to Bootstrapping diverse Validator profiles.

Security: As a Governor for the Harmony Validator DAO you will assist the community in securing the network by encouraging high staking rates within the community and provide education on best security practices for Validator nodes both on cloud and on personal servers.

Participation: As a Governor for the Harmony Validator DAO, you will be assisting with participation in governance by facilitating discussions on Harmony core protocol proposals and by encouraging participation in voting on these proposals by the Validator community. You will work to assist proponents in capturing ideas and getting them into the Harmony Improvement Proposal process. You may even write and submit proposals for funding Validator DAO initiatives.

As a Governor for the Harmony Validator DAO, you will work on deliverables for the DAO and be expected to provide them in a timely fashion. The Harmony Validator DAO is a flat organization with no internal hierarchy, all Governors should be self-starting contributors who can work autonomously without supervision. You will encourage member participation in the DAO and always look to the Validator community for consensus.

We encourage all who are interested to submit their candidacy for an elected position as a Governor of the Validator DAO. The dates regarding the election process are as follows:

Submit your Candidacy

Monday 20th December at 12am PST/8am UTC: Submit Your Candidacy — To submit your candidacy, go to Governance/Validator - Harmony Community Forum and make a new topic with the title: Validator DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: XXXX as the subject line (replacing “XXXX” with your name, of course). Fill out any details you believe are important for the community to know about you in order to receive their vote.

NOTE: The pool for candidates CLOSE at Midnight PST, Wednesday, January 05th (Midnight PST the Night Of The 05th). No candidates will be considered who enter AFTER that time. Thursday, January, 06th at 12am PST/8am UTC: The Field is Closed — Once a candidate has submitted their candidacy to talk.harmony.one, they are free to campaign. Visit reddit, visit telegram, twitter or other social media channels.

Campaigning

The days between Thursday, January 06th and Sunday, January 09th will be dedicated to conversations and communications about what the Harmony Validator DAO means to you, what should and shouldn’t the Validator DAO do and asking the members of the community to vote for you.

There will be a Twitter Space AMA on the Validator DAO Twitter Channel on Saturday, January 8th, at 9am PST/5pm UTC. The candidates will be able to respond to questions from questions from the community. We will seek questions from the community prior to the AMA.

Elections

The election runs from 12am PST/8am UTC, Monday, January 10th until Midnight PST, Sunday, January 16th. At the end of which the new Governors will be elected into their positions. The vote will be held on Snapshot in the Validator DAO Mainnet Space.

Once the election closes at 12am PST/8am UTC on Sunday, January 16th, we will know who our governors for the Validator DAO will be. They will be integrated into all current communications systems and start the organizing process in accordance with the charter. They will start by building their Charter annexes.

9 Likes

Looking forward to seeing more candidate participation this next term.

I myself will be running for re-election.

:blue_heart:

9 Likes

Time flew by and I can’t wait to see the governors for next term! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I shall apply to be part of the team :+1:

4 Likes

So crazy that it’s already time for this again. :sweat_smile:
I’m excited to see the new candidate pool!

2 Likes

The field is closed, we have 14 applications

BrotherONE
Coinchowder
Crypt0tech
HankTheCrank
HoundONE
Kenny
Kruger Dunn
Maffaz.one
PeaceLoveHarmony.ONE
QuickOne_Validator
Stakeridoo
StrongMindsHold
Symphony.one
Validator.ONE

Make sure to join the Twitter Space AMA on the Validator DAO Twitter Channel on Saturday, January 8th, at 9am PST/5pm UTC

8 Likes

Best of luck to all candidates :blue_heart:

5 Likes

All the best everyone, regardless of the outcome I know we’ll be in good hands.

5 Likes

Great participation, good luck everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Dear VDAO Community

we are seek questions from the community for the AMA on Saturday, January 8th, at 9am PST/5pm UTC under https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YqJDqOnQjwxV

4 Likes

Validator DAO Elections Term 3 (Q1 2022)
You can choose up to 9 Governors, please make sure to select those 9 before Voting.

:spiral_calendar: Start: Jan 10, 2022 8am UTC
:spiral_calendar: End: Jan 17, 2022 8am UTC

:ballot_box: Vote: Snapshot
:writing_hand: Talk: Validator DAO Elections - Q1 2022
:loud_sound: Twitter Space AMA: Mixcloud

4 Likes

The Election is over and I would like to thank all participants, not only candidates also all voter’s :pray:t3:

The new Governor’s for Term 3 / Q1 2022 are:
@BrotherOne
@ben2k_Stakeridoo
@HankTheCrank
@Maffaz
@StrongMindsHold
@PeaceLoveHarmony
@ValidatorONE
@realcoinchowder
@HoundOne_Validator

11 Likes

Congrats to all winners! I’m pretty sure we are in capable hands!

5 Likes

Congratulations to those elected, I am sure we have a bright future. Onwards and upwards!

5 Likes

Congrats and good luck VDAOQ122 :fist_right::fist_left:

4 Likes

Thank to you all those that voted for me! And those that didn’t, I hope to work toward the betterment of Harmony for you too!

The future is exciting

4 Likes

Really excited to get started for Term 3!

A big Thank You to all the validators that voted for BrotherOne and all the other candidates! Your participation is amazing and I couldn’t be happier to see you voting!

Let’s get to work!

3 Likes

Congrats to all of you!

3 Likes

Thank You to all the validators that voted for me, I really appreciate your support! I look forward to working with everyone and making the best out of term 3! We had nothing but good candidates to choose from, it made the voting tough.

5 Likes