Validator DAO Term 1 Compensation

I agree on with you on this. It’s been going on for far too long. These guys did ground breaking work and due to how it was handled, most of them don’t want to be apart of the DAO anymore. It’s a huge shame and should not have happened. I wish them good luck on their future endeavors and would love to see them come back. Hopefully This can be resolved before Christmas. They each had families relying on these funds and it’s not fair to them.

7 Likes

1 min == 1 month.

6 months of ignoring questions regarding funding…

Harmony should be proud. This is quite an achievement and it has stopped VDAO1 bothering to ask anymore.

Actions speak louder than words and Harmonys actions clearly state ‘We are not funding VDAO1 and will not engage with them whatsoever’.

Only question I can ask now is - Why not?

3 Likes

This is long overdue.

An apology, and a message, is what we have to offer the 1st term governors of the Validator DAO.

Those first few months were uncharted waters and the governors navigated them gracefully and diligently.

VDAO1 has been approved for retroactive payment of hours worked.

The funds will be sent the the Validator DAO multisig wallet and will be disbursed by the current governors from there. A snapshot vote will need to take place, with a minimum quorum of 20 people needed in order for the vote pass.

Once again, deepest apologies and congratulations. And, please know it is the duty of the DAO Ops to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Looking forward to working with you all in the future.

@giv @sam

8 Likes

Thanks for the hard work @frwrdslosh but this is simply unacceptable.

Harmony clearly set the pay rates and should have been paying Monthly starting at the end of June 2021 (or at least, sent the funds to our Multi-Sig as promised by June 11th, 2021 in the Medium article declaring us funded by @Sam ).

There’s no justification to have a vote on this topic or send the funds to VDAO3 or 4 by the time a vote happens. The foundation is capable of sending our pay with interest added on it directly to each member.

Interest obviously being the APY for staking that we’ve missed out on by not being paid in the agreed upon timely fashion.

7 Likes

thanks slosh for all the hardwork but here very understandable point of easynode. i support vdao1 & @easynode

7 Likes

If this requires a proposal, it will fall under the charter section 3b. Given this is already a talk thread that has lasted more than the required 7 days, this can already be put to a snapshot vote. I propose using the one amounts outlined in the 3 spreadsheets that were based on the one value at the time vdao1 was conducting business.

4 Likes

I don’t see any blockers to pass this through voting in accordance with the Charter sections, but:

• I don’t feel like the any of current Valisdator DAO should take over funds via their multisig. We have our own and can maintain that ourselves;
  • Another point - we have submitted our time-sheets and the amount of tokens (based on weighted average price) must be used for the compensation;
  • add to voting the lost interest mentioned by @easynode
3 Likes

I agree with Jim. The ONE paid should be based on the price at the time business was conducted, and as @easynode mentioned, an additional fee to compensate us on lost staking revenue. It’s not very Harmonious to pay out past due invoices only when the underlying asset encroaches new highs.

I hope this becomes a valuable learning lesson for the Harmony team, as acting unethical (be it intentional or not) comes with just consequences.

4 Likes

Voting snapshot is up.
https://gov.harmony.one/#/dao-mainnet/proposal/QmXxJLDbJZ3RcuW5g2PuuhgEot3eihkNjiyYUJmU9YUaqs

2 Likes

Voting is live if you can get a vote txns to go through.

2 Likes

up to 34 votes already :smirk: @frwrdslosh

4 Likes

So if it is past 20, is there any reason to continue the vote until the 31st?

4 Likes

46-0, the validators have spoken, hah!

4 Likes

It is acknowledged that the Quorum for VDAO1 funding has been well exceeded! There weren’t any doubts.

VDAO1 funding will be sent to the VDAO multisig when the next batch of funding is sent out.

@Sam @lij

4 Likes

this might help to specify the numbers to be sent

2 Likes

@Sam @Jimbo_JCR.one moving this from the grant proposal category to the governance category

1 Like

Is there a specific reason for the move?

1 Like

IMG_20220130_135359_967
This vote is closed and has met full governance quorum from the validator corp.
@lij @Sam @frwrdslosh @Jacksteroo @dpagan-harmony

5 Likes

6 weeks later… LOTS of funding been sent out to many projects?

Did you forget about us?

It has now been 9 months since we were elected…

4 Likes

I wanted to update you all on the funding of the VDAO Term 1 Compensation.

Thanks again for your patience!!

Sam

1 Like