Vote to create Community Representatives and Grant Reviewers

So, I am proposing two things.

1. 1 Community Representative

A community representative who the core team can talk to about how users feel (emphasis on feel) about Harmony’s direction.

Right now a lot of frustration spills out into the forums, reddit, telegram chats, Discord, and many, many, other places.

A community representative with a term of 3 months can do weekly AMAs, write down feedback, and present it to the Harmony team.

The community representative can then do weekly reports on how the Harmony core team is responding to the users and their feedback.

This should reduce a lot of frustration and goes to the important issues regarding decentralization in Harmony.

1. 2 grant/investment reviewers

In the current iteration where grant applications will continue to grow (and ask many people associated with the 1DAO Alliance and they’ll tell you nearly all the questions are related to funding) then we need people to work, full-time, reviewing projects.

What does reviewing actually mean?

Literally meeting the team. Doing KYC of the team. Reading their proposal. Giving feedback via the forums and via video/conference calls on their proposal/business plan/tech dev plan.

Let’s make this professional everyone – if you are asking for 15,000 to 150,000 dollars over the internet, you need to have someone actually talk to you on a weekly basis until you finish key milestones that will get the milestones activated.

I spend a lot of hours each week helping new projects who are SUPER excited about building on Harmony. But, 90% of them have 0 clue about how anything on Harmony actually works. Just 1 hour of time could save a new dev team a month of work.

By sharing ideas, knowledge, and bringing knowledge and spreading it around via actual video calls by professional community grant/investment reviewers, we can massively speed up the grant/investment application process, bring great projects to Harmony, and increase the size of the ecosystem because there will be someone on the other side who ACTUALLY seems to care.

3 Likes

Would highly support this. There are simply too many proposals for the already small core team to be able to check, interact and follow up on a regular basis.

Based on my interactions over the past few weeks here it is very clear to see several devs, DAOs, creators, etc are very dissatisfied with the wait times and uncertainty and it’s becoming more and more common. Proposals having to wait months to get an update isn’t normal or healthy.

Communication is key to build confidence here.

In addition to the points you mention, i think there is a need for community moderation to make sure conversations remain civil.

For number 1, I thinks that’s what the JD of @frwrdslosh may look like. Maybe not termly as the position needs someone dedicated and must be a full time job.

I do think Slosh has more to do to redirect and align community sentiments to harmony side. It’s more of a public relations and community management role.

This is what I think. In the event his JD is entirely different, then Harmony may need to take a look at this suggestion.

For the second suggestion, I think it’s a very good idea.

For long no one knows why some projects are funded, how they are funded, who reviewed it and if there are any follow ups.

I think it’s high time Harmony is run like a multicontinental tech startup and business organisation.

I would like to know if you are proposing to carry out any of these two points?

Highly support this and would love to be a part of it ! :blue_heart:

1 Like

It would be best if you stayed away from these types of proposals. Your profile is not correct to represent the Harmony community. Here I leave only some evidence of it.

Faltando el respeto a una mujer de esa forma dice mucho de ti…

1 Like

En ninguno de esos posts he dicho una mentira , son verdades duras , y si la gente viene a pedir caridad a Harmony o a traer proyectos inutiles como el tuyo y luego llorar en el foro porque no te dan el grant , tambien dice mucho de ti David.

Harmony necesita gente que diga esas verdades duras , que estes del bando de los que quieren sabotear el proyecto y robar todo el dinero que puedas , creo que invalida tu opinion.

Que poco me conoces… Sobre todo me hace gracia el comentario de llorar y tachar de inútil mi proyecto. Me tachas de ladrón? Te falta educación e insisto no me conoces para dar esas acusaciones. Represento dentro de una comunidad muy grande de personas unos papeles muy importantes y soy uno de los directivos de una corporación de juegos NFTs e inversiones dentro de la red de solana. Creo que te confundes de persona y te animo a que te eduquen mejor ya que ser duro no hace falta ser mal educado ni despreciar a los usuarios de la comunidad. Muchos de los proyectos que has desprestigiado los e conocido en persona y solo haces que equivocarte.

Si es tan importante como tus 11 miembros en telegram , la verdad que te doy la razón , 11 es multitud para un partido de basket , David hazme el favor , no vengas de soy el tío más importante del mundo cripto , a lo mejor te deberías ir de retorno a solana , una cadena que también terminara en 0 , como todo lo que te rodea . Te tacho de llorón , si, te tacho de todas las cosas que he dicho antes , y todos los proyectos que he desprestigiado no van a ir a ningún sitio , y si no esperemos 6 meses a ver quien tiene razón , si tanto crees, creamos una multisig y con un smart contract nos apostamos lo que tu quieras , en fin … voy a parar de darte tus 5 minutitos de fama que se que te gustan. Un placer , David , ya me contaras que tal te va en tu mansión de NFTs

El Telegram con 11 personas es a petición de Harmony, querían que hubiera un Telegram con los gobernadores. Nosotros no utilizamos esa plataforma. En respuesta a los números nuestros en otras redes sociales, no tenía mucho sentido utilizar otras redes siendo nosotros un proyecto competencia de ello. El marketing lo hemos echo en Directos de Twitch, Youtube y canales de discord.
No quiero darte ninguna impresión de tío importante porque no lo soy simplemente te digo no me conoces para juzgarme o tacharme de ladrón, al mencionarte una de las empresas donde estoy (Dragón Corp.) Me vengo a referir que no soy un don nadie oculto tras un perfil de internet. Harmony me conoce en persona, muchos de la comunidad también y en España igual, entre otras cosas por los eventos benéficos que e realizado y las donaciones a organizaciones benéficas por la salud en España. Antes de juzgar debes de infórmate. Todo esto te lo digo sin faltarte al respeto en ningún momento, evidentemente cosa que tú no sabes hacer, demostrado quedó diciéndole a una mujer que no te tocará los huevos, una expresión muy respetuosa y que va en la línea que busca Harmony cierto? Nadie te dijo que no “critiques” proyectos, el foro es público y hay libertad de expresión, pero te falta educación y maneras para hacerlo. De hay mi comentario de que tú no puedes tener un rol como el que se pide en esta propuesta.