Vote to End DAOs that are inactive

Hi there. So, I have been reviewing quite a lot of the posts on the forums – everything from launches, investments, and especially DAOs grants.

I am especially concerned by some of the existing DAOs that have received funding/or are approved for funding.

Here are just some examples:

The Turkey DAO, by the governors own admission, is no longer functioning. 20% of their funds have been paid out but there’s an internal disagreement regarding anything in the future and so the govs are refusing to sign future transactions. Please check Harmony Turkey DAO - #42 by 0xshadow or check the screenshot here.

Some of the other DAOs are being heavily criticised and I think the community should be allowed to vote if they should continue to exist. Even if they are going to be funded in the future. Namely, the Golden DAO (other DAOs too, but that one I think if it was put up to a vote, would likely see the community members ask that it not be continued). The Golden DAO has done events and is making golden rings, but there’s little evidence that it has contributed value to Harmony in a specific way.

The argument follows that the Golden DAO is inactive because it is not hosting meetings that support Harmony. It is not building up a community that is Harmony-focused. If the Golden DAO continues to build for their own sake, for their own goals, then that’s great. However, if it is going to have some kind of partnership or connection with Harmony, well as soon as the community believes that its services were not rendered correctly, then the community should be allowed to vote on ending that partnership.

8 Likes