Africa blockchain youth ambassadors dao (abya dao)

Thanks for those kind words and we all look forward to actualizing this dream

@kjbmcolaka This is a great and super well thought out proposal by you and your team :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :kenya: - in our opinion, this kind of idea and planned execution most definitely help and influence positive change in influencing leading institutions within the African communities. I support @George comment. We are inspired by the fact that the youth are primarily the focus, which is positive especially for a University student level standpoint, as we also believe great and awesome ideas are well thought out during that period which is a wonderful start because that area has great potential within Africa which can be creat great impact within the Blockchain ecosystem.

1 Like

Nice idea, we must inject blockchain knowledge in our society. Youth are the best audience

Yes indeed and empowering the Youth is empowering the society in perpetuity

1 Like

Great proposal here crafted by an even greater team…Can’t wait to see this implemented

1 Like

Thanks @Steve_Maina, we really look forward to actualizing this soon

2 Likes

Well thought through proposal, I pray you get the funding that you need.

1 Like

Thanks @Specioza for those kind words

@kjbmcolaka, can you specify which countries are covered in your proposal?

3 Likes

Thanks @lij for seeking this clarification. There are a number of classifications of Africa by United Nations, Africa Development Bank, African Union, etc. The classification that we used is the one by United Nations, which we consider to be comprehensive. As we mentioned at the beginning of the proposal, within one year we intent to cover 6 out of the 19 Eastern Africa countries, ie Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Reunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. At this point we have only decided on Kenya as a pilot, the other 5 will be decided upon as the different dynamics unfold.

Congratulations All for the great proposal. Actually, this is the way to go. Universities should be taught new technologies including blockchain. I do hope that this great idea will be implemented successfully.

1 Like

Thanks @Lwaga and ABYA is here to fill that gap.

1 Like

@lij, I would like to bring to your attention that as we cover the 6 countries, it is critical that we do not duplicate activities and in this respect, we are already working very closely with Harmony Africa DAO on how to optimize resources and work collaboratively in the same universities and countries. For example, when an event is planned targeting a university, we will find out if there are any other DAOs with similar events and if they do, it would be better to organize the event jointly to ensure maximum impact and that the resources are also consolidated.

2 Likes

This is a great idea especially working with universities that are about to finish their education. Also a great idea to work internationally.

1 Like

A very good proposal. I am especially delighted that the focus is on investing in young people, exploring their potential and enhancing their leadership skills for the future. There is no better way than to build a nation than nurturing our young minds.

1 Like

Really amazing proposal, well written and very detailed. Important that there not be overlaps with the country DAO’s (eg: Kenya DAO) - I would also suggest (as I did in the Kenya proposal) that you consider taking this same approach and pushing it “down” to the TVET institutions. I believe it is students there that will become the core users of these platforms, whereas the University clubs will get you a smaller set of the creators. Good luck with the proposal!

1 Like

Good point @UsikuGames. Universities is our starting point and once the model proves scalable, there is nothing that will prevent us from taking it to TVETs and even secondary schools the way it is done with Model United Nations.

1 Like

Congratulations on coming up with this wonderful, well thought out concept . We have many directionless youth out there. In a typical class of diploma students, the students are afraid because jobs have become for the few known individuals or so they say. We were also brought up in an environment where we were told to read after which jobs would be availed almost on a silver Plata.

Please go out there and encourage our youths. Show them the new technologies, the new trends. Let them know there is hope. There will be a paradigm shift and the students will begin to believe in their abilities. They will see they can create something by themselves. They can be a part of a movement.

1 Like

Thanks @ngash for those kind remarks and believing in what we have set out to achieve.

@kjbmcolaka THE GOVERNORS HAVE NOT BEEN ELECTED BY THE COMMUNITY THROUGH SNAPSHOT or subjected to any other voting procedure. This is not good for a proposal which is supposed to be COMMUNITY DRIVEN AND CENTERED. What assurances do the community have that this project will be run well, How can harmony and Mr @lij have faith in a non democratic and non decentralized team of leadership ? I suggest that you should have the Governors BEING VOTED ON in SNAPSHOT and then THE ELECTED GOVERNORS SHOULD FORM A MULTISIG. This is what decentralization means. This can make or break a well thought out proposal.

1 Like