August Hackathon | Track 6 Winner | On-Chain Wallet - "Web3“: 1st place | nobank

Name of DAO

nobank.one

Proposal overview

Banking is necessary, banks are not
by Bill Gates

What is nobank
Decentralized finance today is a very complex and scattered landscape but offers a lot of very interesting and sustainable investment opportunities. To navigate it, users need to find their way through a landscape of offerings that often feel unsafe and have an abysmal user experience. nobank will improve this user experience drastically and make selecting, holding and investing into digital assets very simple and save. Within nobank, we will provide everyone with guidance on how to benefit from today’s decentralized finance system.

What do we offer?
nobank offers a non-custodial, smart wallet with social and 2FA recovery. Built on harmony, nobank users can transact in one platform, on-chain but with a great user experience and smart features making transacting on-chain safe and intuitive.
Additionally, nobank offers great financial products to its users that either diversify their portfolio (think ETF) or are interest bearing (through staking, LPs and validator staking).

What is the timeline?

We are running as fast as we can and have built a team of 7 - 4 devs, 3 product & growth. We launched our alpha version to our closed circle DAO members and are now working towards a public beta version which we aim to launch in early april.

Join our beta waitlist here: nobank waitlist

Join our newly set up discord group: discord group

Join our newly set up LinkedIn group: linkedin

What are we doing with the grant?
The team has worked with a lot of energy in the last 4 months. Since the hackathon in August we were able to rework most of the code, set up an initial branding and get an alpha out for our ~150 dao members. We would like to compensate the team behind this effort that worked long hours for this.

Going forward, our beta is funded through independent / external funding of >100’000 USD.

Proposal ask

USD 40’000 - follow on grant for Track 6

Metrics for success

All of them are in the past as per the requirements for the follow on grants:

• deployed on main net
  • ~150 people in our initial DAO
  • 1000+ users on nobank.one
  • received >100k in independent funding

External links

https://nobank.one/ - more information can be provided on request. The homepage is currently undergoing a full rework.

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. Allow me to be your representative on behalf of the Grants committee. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal, however the team is heavily focused on delivering a great event at ETHDenver and the review process will take just a little longer than usual, until after the event.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread. We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedback while the team is in Denver.

Thank you.

@frwrdslosh here is track 6 :slight_smile:

Update from our side: we have created the gnosis multisig wallet and added 9 people to it - 4 from the nobank project team, 3 from the nobank community and 2 from the harmony ecosystem / daos.

We are currently testing the created safe and will then give an update on who is in it and post the address to receive the funds.

@frwrdslosh : I guess it worked out like this now :slight_smile: Edd and Sev are both on board and I added them to the safe. As such we should have a well balanced safe for the follow on grant. Is the proposed way forward ok for you?

2 Likes

this seems correct. Once you’ve successfully tested the safe and updated this post with who is in the multisig and their addresses, then we can approve!

:blue_heart:

1 Like

hello @nobankmario

Please list the the multisig address, as well as who the contributors for the multisig are and their addresses.

:blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey @frwrdslosh

Test were successfull:) it is all working fine.

Please find all the information here: 5/9 multisig on gnosis safe on Harmony.
Address of the multisig: 0xC4df43436FbED9F219e72db7288024CC34EBdc61
Name of the multisig: Track 9: nobank
Link to the multisig: Harmony Multisig Wallet

Members (can also give you the discord names of everyone)

• Alex, nobank community member @ackzel
    0x2Dc1377E220079D6e91E5CE41D6CA5943a62e0E4

• Andras, nobank core team @andras_nobank
    0xB006AA108f74ddDAD3bb75a1931903d59cf68437

• Steffi, nobank core team
    0xF2BA2bCb2c2985f3624019FDf8Ce1BaCD163Fbe5

• Kristina, nobank community
    0xE3b1d069644Bc464F555129Bd19C3244E24e8a21

• Toni, nobank community @toni
    0xB9B5b5202C825c832e74F43038b01f6FF69B304e

• Luc, nobank community
    0x8fEE18e4f780DC7D978802D069dc2f83B15716C0

• Sev, harmony dao @Severin
    0x0B17C102b8a8d9EA9e4EC9042857e7815Ca75C97

• Edd, harmony dao @eddnorris
    0x33C533D80F0490E24C01AFEf25C0a057c74AfD87

• Mario, me, nobank core team
    0x07F2971C5B09C0255fDCA0A06549E41Cac8fB3c0

3 Likes

@frwrdslosh : Hey frwrdslosh, do you have everything that you need to approve this transaction or is it good to go?

1 Like

Looks good to me!

I would like to approve this track for their follow-on grant.

@lij

1 Like

Thanks a lot - very exciting! The multi sig wallet is ready and successfully tested, @lij

2 Likes

funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

1 Like

Congratulations :tada: nice to saw your article in cash.ch and Handelszeitung :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, ben! Hope that there is much more to come! For all the Harmony folks: Our beta waitlist is open and ready - as well as our reworked homepage:
https://nobank.one/
Join our waitlist now!

i love the website, very aesthetically pleasing, just registered in the waitlist. I hope the app ui would be just as beautiful as the website lol
and looking forward to that 15% apr

1 Like

Thanks a lot! The website design is aimed at also onboarding non-defi, non-techsavy people. We believe that this is key to make defi a mass-market topic (I am still waiting for paying with my wallet for groceries) We are working hard to make sure that the mobile & web app highlight the same aspects :slight_smile:

Wow this actually looks good. Registered for the waitlist too. Out of curiosity, is the “15% interest per year” for depositing Stablecoins (a la UST on Anchor Protocol) or is it more like a Liquidity Pool or just something else entirely?

1 Like

Thanks a lot as well :slight_smile: On the financial products, we are currently discussing many different options. Our initial hope was that Curve.fi on Harmony could yield that using stablecoins - now we are not so sure and checking out other alternatives on Harmony. Aave is an option, so is stakeDAO and others.
What is already working on testnet is validator staking that yields 10% on ONE.

Happy to update further when we progress further. And open for any good inputs and ideas!

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the clarity on this! Will be following how this project comes along. Best of luck!

1 Like