Community DAO Charter Ratification

Summary : This proposal is to ratify the Community DAO Charter.

Background : The Harmony Community DAO is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization that represents all holders of ONE.

Motivation : To provide official rules and governance by the community for the Community DAO

Specification : Please click on this link to review the proposed charter: Harmony Community DAO Charter

Suggested voting options : yes or no for ratification.

The attached charter includes some annexes to be immediately included within the charter, but are fungible and subject to change at the discretion of future councils by way of HCIP proposal. Only the annexes are fungible. The charter is non fungible and cannot be changed.

• Yes, I support the ratification of the proposed Community DAO charter
  • No, I do not support the ratification of the proposed Community DAO charter.

0 voters

6 Likes

That’s a nice looking charter!

5 Likes

Solid document, have seen the inception of this and although I have not had much involvement it is essential to the foundation of DAO governance! Happy to see this is up!

1 Like

Solid. Good work. Appreciate your hard work.

Need some quantitative data to define “Major”, “Small” as it relates to the spending. Otherwise it is left for massive interpretation. Is a major investment defined as a percentage of the treasury or a flat amount? As a member of a Board, I can assure you, that there will be interpretations of these vague terms that will lead to unintended consequences.

i.e. All major funding proposals must go through the HCIP

Major in this statement is left open for interpretation. This should be limited either in terms of percentages of the current treasury or a flat amount. IMO percentages of the treasury is better since it doesn’t require an amendment to change, but maybe that is not a bad thing either. Leaving the stakeholders (ONE HOLDERS) in charge of this type of vote, rather than simply giving the DAO governors the power to choose for themselves.

Another addition that I think will need to be added is the issue with consolidation of power amongst the DAO Governors. Specifically as it relates to consecutive terms. I strongly recommend that a limit be placed on consecutive terms followed by a cool down period of say 2 terms, as an example, on any DAO within the Harmony DAOs. This ensures that long term, there is no consolidation of power by a few. Fresh ideas need to be brought up to the forefront and this can only be accomplished by turn over. Folks over the long run, tend to get comfortable with the norm. In the event that there is no challenger to the incumbent than a term of half the original term can be allowed, but this would then add to the cool off period following. That is just an idea. Open for discussion.

@Jimbo_JCR.one @Krypto_Kakashi @Cloudeeeo @TriTDX
Make sure to vote on the HCIP-3 for the Charter Ratification
https://gov.harmony.one/#/harmony-community-dao/proposal/QmTZ6RwtRSwJF2AcRYyzq6Lfi49XkDvj9ug5dgbyx9bKeM

4 Likes

I’m really glad that the charter ratified by validator dao and designed by vdao1 has become a great document to fork.

I’m voting yes for this doc as know what’s behind. almost every single line there!

cdao, keep building strong basis for daoing on harmony!

4 Likes

I’m not sure only about we still have only 42 votes. The community doesn’t support governance, they are not ready for showing thier will yet?

1 Like

Voting has just open today give them some time :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes