Continent DAO

Community Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • More info needed
0 voters

For “More info needed”, please Reply to ask your question

3 Likes

This was a great read thank you for putting this together! This was fascinating information Adonis. I see great merit in this project, but I am wondering what you can provide as far as credentials or achievements for the people on this team to support this level of monthly funding? Does your team have large followings, spoke or marketed for large events, or completed similar projects reaching x amount of user a month? Has your team created any crypto token projects or are you seeking a developer as part of the engineering help?

2 Likes

Thanks for commenting! I was looking forward to feedback and questions.

I am a crypto native with 7 years of experience, until last year my routine was divided into working as a BD and Senior Trader in traditional companies and crypto companies. I had a good recognition as a senior trader in the top 10 rank in Binance, but with the pandemic I decided to do something more meaningful and fun and I dedicated myself more to my activity as a BD.

My team currently has 5 people, I hope to release more detailed material in the next few hours about each of us and what we think about governance.

The current line-up is me (BD), Leticia (Marketing), Ivan (Community), Maikon (Ops) and Clovis (Legal/Commercial). We have developed a wide range of projects in recent years, one of them being a remarkable project that allowed tracking of cattle in the Amazon Biome, OTC Desks with hundreds of customers, trade accreditation in thousands of establishments for traditional companies, we advise digital banks and fintechs, we did a lot of research and planning to stipulate the metrics, we created a preliminary database with interested in cryptocurrencies (some hundreds of thousands) - But with the strong demand we had to pause it for security reasons of managing data from so many people.

My network and partners, for example, have millions of clients and followers, but our personal ones don’t, I, for example, on social networks have the official profile of Binance following me on Twitter(donnie_crypto), and other important people in the scene, but my main reason for avoiding attention from the general public was safety, which is a complicated aspect throughout South America. To reach the audience we hope to reach, I didn’t accept people as influencers in the initial team with many followers who would help with the metrics at the beginning, but don’t part of our target audience and have high cost, in addition to our digital marketing approach being different from the “standard model”, we are betting on a content bounties program that will allow people to create content and publicize the project in exchange for being rewarded for their materials , creating an important source of income and incentive to definitely become crypto users (as do Near’s DAO ecosystems and FlipsideCrypto).

In engineering, for a project of this magnitude, it is perhaps our biggest obstacle locally, devs with experience in smart contracts are the best paid in the world because of their scarcity, salaries easily reaching 300K USD per year, this would be fatal for the In our initial budget of 1M, it is clear that we will be more interested in financing and other revenues such as our token launch (CONT), but we do not want to compromise the current budget with secondary monetizations, unless this is totally unavoidable. Therefore, we would like to know if we can count on help in this area or if we should independently deal with this issue.

2 Likes

And today I started a conversation with the partner of the largest investment bank in Brazil who recently launched a platform to trade crypto, they currently trade Bitcoin and Ethereum, I’m talking to him for a possible partnership and for ONE to be available to his clients. One of the former partners of that bank is the current minister of economy in Brazil. That’s a taste of what we can do beyond mainstream adoption. :handshake: :rocket:

2 Likes

Thank you for the additional information! That cleared up my questions.

1 Like

Looking forward to partnering with harmony :rocket:

Hello @Adonis - Thank you for proposing this Continent DAO.

I will admit to be slightly confused about what category you are submitting your request for.

The DAO Formation language on harmony.one/300 states:

100 DAOs ($50M). Governors of each DAO have delegated autonomy over its assets and initiatives. Harmony helps define 3 broad mandates, recruit 9 governors, define the deliverables and metrics for the first 3 months, and fund at maximum $1M. We recommend $75 to $350 per hour as the self-assessed salary, 3-month election terms, retroactive peer bonus and performance feedback, 80% passing votes, and openly tracking timesheets and deliverables for each member.

And, while you have short, medium and long term goals - I don’t see the 3 mandates nor the 9 governors.

Perhaps - due to the geographical focus and in-person nature of what you are proposing - you are thinking about the Events grants:

1. 10+100 Events ($10M). Organizers of each event follow our templates to bring in new builders. Harmony has success with Gitcoin, DoraHacks, ETH Global and DevPost with $2M+ campaigns. We recommend hosting our own quarterly hackathons with $1M prizes each, sponsoring $100K workshops for industry-wide conferences, giving $50K keynotes in regional events, and empowering 100 local organizers – with $1K budget for a 20-attendee 2-speaker event, or $5K for 50 with 4 speakers, and $10K for 100 with a co-sponsor.

But again, some of the other details don’t match. You are requesting $1M as a grant - which is too high for anything but a hackathon, which isn’t what you are proposing. And, honestly, the rest of the proposal doesn’t seem to be geared to events.

Finally, it is possible you are requesting an Investment:

50 Investments ($20M). Tokens of each investment are on-chain and semi-liquid. Harmony helps evaluate technical strengths, market potentials, and ecosystem alignment. We recommend $250K-$1M for each check at maximum $10M valuation, collaborate over events and campaigns, and rebalance portfolio quarterly to diversify.

We should be clear - Harmony does not lead investments. If you are requesting an investment, that is a different path of due diligence and you will need to come with a different lead investor.

I do like what you are thinking about - however. I want to tag @pjconleyy to help develop Harmony’s presence in LATAM.

So - for now - this proposal is “Declined pending further review”. Rework the proposal so if fits within our guidelines and I would be happy to reexamine it.

Thanks,
Sam | Harmony | Ecosystem Growth

1 Like

Hi Sam, thanks for your attention and interest.

As time is a key factor in our strategy, with the passing of the days since we presented our idea, we got support to launch our project.

Thanks to everyone who supported us and contacted us in a timely manner. We hope to share news soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Of course - Congratulations.
Should I close this grant request?

@Sam Yes, you can close the application, thank you.