Harmony<>Cosmos Bridge by Datachain
*We re-post this proposal with a few modification due to a procedure matter. You can find an original proposal here.
Datachain is focusing on interoperability solutions for heterogeneous blockchains which are not only public chains but also enterprise chains like Hyperledger Fabric, Corda and Hyperledger Besu. And our solution is compliant to IBC designed by Cosmos and won a grant from ICF for IBC-solidity, which is IBC implementation in Solidity. Thus we will be able to support to build Cosmos<>Harmony Bridge with our abundant experience.
This project is developing a bridge between Harmony and Tendermint based ledgers using the IBC. This bridge will be deployed on the private testnet for each of them.
As a sample application of the IBC, we will develop token transfer using ICS-20. The token on Harmony is assumed to be HRC-20 which will be handled as ICS-20 on Tendermint based ledgers.
Requests from the Datachain team
・The relayer will be implemented based on the YUI-relayer which is in Golang
・Harmony Light Client will be written in Golang
・We will use end to end test to confirm that token transfer can be done based on CLI without Web Frontend implementation
- $88,000 for 4months
- $30,000 : Before developing the Harmony Light Client
- $58,000 : After developing the Harmony Light Client
- Developing Harmony Light Client(HLC) as a Cosmos module in Golang for Tendermint based ledgers like Gaiad.
specification outline of HLC - Use StateProof instead of ReceiptProof - Regarding verification, Use Shard Committee(validator set) instead of Checkpoint - By taking the above approach we can avoid using an immature MMR.
- Developing Tendermint Light Client on Harmony
- *1 We would like Harmony to consider supporting EIP-665
- *2 Our schedule is estimated with the *2 condition (Other ways may affect the schedule)
- Developing the relayer in Golang
- Developing the token transfer sample application which can be executed based on CLI.