Defi Lending Protocol - Africa focused

Name of DAO

[Summertime Finance DAO ]

Proposal overview

SummerTime Finance is a decentralized stablecoin issuing protocol leveraging over-collateralization of locked yield-bearing liquidity.

SummerTime allows you to keep your yield-bearing crypto capital and its keep the upsides and be able to access & spend some of its value. There’s no need to sell your crypto to have a wonderful summer when you can have both at the same time.

The Problem: Capital Illiquidity

There are billions of dollars locked & concentrated in numerous DeFi protocols/platforms represented as yield-bearing tokens to the user from the likes of automated market makers (AMMs) LP tokens e.g PancakeSwap, or yield-farming optimizers e.g Yearn, Beefy, Autofarm & PancakeBunny.

Locked is not necessarily a bad thing here, but this removes these billions of dollars out of circulation in DeFi, reducing overall liquidity available across the DeFi ecosystem, with no way for the ecosystem to access some or all of this value.

The Product

SummerTime protocol’s 1st product is the SHELL stablecoin.

SHELL is a decentralized, censorship-resistant, unbiased, over-collateralized backed stablecoin, soft pegged to the U.S Dollar. Every SHELL token minted is backed by at least 110% of locked yield-bearing collateral from the user.

AMM LP token holders e.g BTCB-BNB, ETH-BNB, USDT-USDC, and others, driven to keep the upside to their portfolio can borrow up to 90.9% of their collateral by minting SHELL. Upon paying back their SHELL debt they will regain access to their collateral, which they have to lock in their protocol-controlled provisioned vaults.

Proposal Ask

$100,000

How much capital do you need to achieve this? And where’s your capital allocation plan?

Our current cost/expenses breakdown within a time allocation of 1 year is approximately $700,000. This includes all kinds of support - analytical and productivity software, additional team members, and other services such as smart contract audits and liquidity bootstrapping that we need to achieve this.

Here’s a breakdown of how we will allocate capital, with a $50K grant allocation breakdown in the 2nd tab:

SummerTime Finance - Resource Planning [LINK]

Metrics of success

We will consider our initial form of success when at least $10M worth of the SHELL stablecoin has been minted & is in circulation. Our true success is unlimited as proven by the likes of UST and DAI with billions currently minted, in circulation, stable and the amount in circulation is actually growing steadily every year.

[Describe in less than 2,000 words on how this will benefit the blockchain ecosystem. Be specific about the goals and outcome of the proposal, with go-to-market and/or user-acquisition strategies if possible.

Although Defi is global, we are initially focusing on Africa and Kenya will be the country that we will start with. We plan on offering education and training/development with our non-profit African women lead organization. Our partners have hosted conferences in Africa over the past 7 years and the partnership included Community Dev Groups, Universities and Co-working spaces.

What stage of the product or idea are you (and your team) at? Is it live on Harmony and/or another chain? How many active users do you currently have, or aim to acquire? How much funding do you need? What are your milestones? What help do you need, or what gaps are there in your team?]

We are at 60% development of the Lending Protocol

Proposal ask

[100k]

Metrics for success

[Milestones, number of users/transactions]
We will consider our initial form of success when at least $10M worth of the SHELL stablecoin has been minted & is in circulation. Our true success is unlimited as proven by the likes of UST and DAI with billions currently minted, in circulation, stable and the amount in circulation is actually growing steadily every year.

External links

https://summertime.finance/

[Project link, demo, whitepaper, video] SummerTime Finance - Resource Planning (Expenses Breakdown) - Google Sheets

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal, it has been assigned to @frwrdslosh, who will review and respond shortly :blue_heart:

Awesome, thank you and looking forward to the response.

1 Like

Hello @AAkpe and thank you so much for bringing this to Harmony. I especially appreciate the links to more in-depth information about Summertime Finance and SHELL stable coin.

The first question I have is why have you chosen to include this proposal under the “DAO” category? I believe this proposal belongs more under a Launch grant or an Investment grant. Of course, that’s just me! :blue_heart:

Looking forward to your thoughts :slight_smile:

Hi @frwrdslosh thank you for the quick response. I initially thought of proposing this under launch but but I felt that we needed to be almost at 80% completed.

Ideally we would love to get a product out by June. Should I re-submit under launch? Or can this be reclassified?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

I would submit a new proposal under the launch category and I will close this thread. Make a note at the top of the new proposal that it was moved from the DAO Category.

If you haven’t already, I’d also recommend looking at some of the launch grants that have been successful in approval.

:blue_heart: :slight_smile:

Thanks again for bringing this to Harmony.

1 Like

Thank you for assisting me!

1 Like

Investments is actually more aligned with our purpose. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks, @AAkpe

I will close this thread now.