Grant: 8IGHT Finance Protocol

Name of Project / DAO / Company

[8IGHT FINANCE]

Application type

[Product Launch and Investment]

Proposal overview

8IGHT Finance is a Decentralized Currency Reserved Protocols on Harmony. Our protocol is an OHM fork, we are truly inspired by the OlympusDao Protocol. The first step we bootstrap the liquidity pool and get our name to the community. Our plan focuses on building a small eco system inside Harmony Network.

Our next phase would called 8IGHT Pro. We will execute a few ideas below:

1. 8IGHT Treasury Management: Implement a strategy to maximize the efficiency of DAI reserved in the treasury. We are planning for stable coin yield farming, the minimal risk with stable returns, which provide a higher returns for the treasury and the stakers.
  2. 8IGHT Venture: We diversify a small part of our treasury to invest in the early-stage projects (can either be on Harmony Network or cross-chain) and also find good return trading funds to invest in. All of the information will be transparent via our website.
  3. 8IGHT Launchpad (Accelr8): Launchpad of 8IGHT is built on Harmony Network - a rising bull reminding us of the early stage of Avalanche. Besides, it is a cost-effective and promising ecosystem for ambitious projects to ride new crypto waves.

The other projects that will fall after are Lending/Borrowing but we want to deliver these milestones first.

From these projects inside 8IGHT Pro above, we are different than other DAO. Within our network, we had multiple projects approach for private sale round, and we truly believe by bringing 8IGHT Venture and 8IGHT Launchpad, we can bring benefits to our stakers + expand the Harmony Network.

What stage of the product or idea are you (and your team) at? Is it live on Harmony and/or another chain? How many active users do you currently have, or aim to acquire? How much funding do you need? What are your milestones? What help do you need, or what gaps are there in your team?]

1. 8IGHT Finance: We had successfully launched the 8IGHT Finance for a week. The IDO price is 28$. The price when launched is 80$. The highest price is 800, and the current price is around 150

2. 8IGHT Treasury Management & 8IGHT Venture can be rolled out by early next month.

3. 8IGHT Launchpad is likely to roll out by early Jan 2022.

We plan to apply for 2 funding:

1. Product Launch: 50k equity-free grants.
    The amount we use to recruit more developers, marketing team to roll out the next phase of our project - the 8IGHT Venture and Launchpad. As well as the funding, we would like support from Harmony in idea contribution, product development, and marketing.

2. Investment: 250k - 500k $EIGHT purchase / 250k - 500k $ONE
    We commit to the project in long term and want to grow together with Harmony Network. The 250k - 500k strategic investment from Harmony will support us in bringing the community trust, collaboration when we roll out the roadmap and contribute through the development process of the product.

Team

Our core team conduct of 3 developers (2 back-end, 1 front-end), 1 strategist, 1 community manager, 2 Designer (1 - website and 1- marketing material). Besides that, we had an additional 2 marketers recently join the team to support the boost on the project.

Proposal ask

1. Product Launch: 50k equity-free grants.
  2. Investment: 250k - 500k $EIGHT purchase, or 250k - $500k of ONE.

Justification

1. We bet big on the growth of the Harmony network in the future - especially the efficiency in transaction cost.
  2. There are not many projects in Harmony, so our aim will be a one-stop-shop in Harmony Network
  3. With a strong foundation team, we ace the first milestone (8IGHT Finance) with a short period of time - raising the treasury balance up to 3 mils and back per security to $60, which is only 2.5x to the current price. We are builders with vision. We want to contribute to the cryptocurrency world, create wealth for everyone.
  4. We have a great network with multiple development houses - currently they do most projects on BSC to ride the GameFi and Metaverse trend. The upcoming project might be in Harmony Network, we are the place they will come to launch the project.

Metrics for success

1. Discord Group: 8k members
  2. 8IGHT Finance Twitter: 6k members
  3. Dev s7ven’s Twitter: 9k members

Other:

1. Successfully raise 420k within 2 days to bootstrap the LP (320k for private IDO + 100k for public - sold in 1 min)
  2. Launch multiple bonds

Target

• Bring additional 7k users to the platform after 3 months.
  • Our launchpad will launch with the first IDO project by mid-Jan.

External links

Project website: https://8ight.finance/
Roadmap: 8ight Finance — Road map. Hi, fellow Eight-ers, | by 8ight Finance | Nov, 2021 | Medium
Twitter: https://twitter.com/8ight_finance
s7ven’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/s7ven_8ight

13 Likes

Hi guys,

that’s a cool proposal and I would already have a few questions about it :slight_smile:

1. The Olympus DAO is a popular idea and there seems to be a fork explosion at the moment. There is already an Ohm Fork deployed on harmony called Euphoria. Why do we need another fork of the same idea?

2. I have seen that you plan to add a Venture section, a Launchpad and then even a Lending product. Isn’t this a bit ambitious or too widespread and not focused enough?

Thanks and good luck!!!

4 Likes

Thanks for asking Manumix,

1. There are like 200 DAO across the crypto now. We believe our product had good fundamentals and vision to not just become another fork. As you have seen, most of the DAOs are just raising funds, but not optimizing the treasury balance - which means the stable coin is inefficient.
    We are working to change that by optimizing the treasury balance to increase back per $EIGHT. If you do a small comparison between EIGHT and Euphoria - the price of Euphoria is 12x than their backing, while $EIGHT price is only 2.5x from our backing - which we believe is a strong indicator for future growth.

2. Indeed we don’t want to over-promise and not deliver. We are focusing on the Venture first, then rolling out the launchpad next phase. The lending product is not the highest priority at the moment.

Cheers,

4 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund

We are in the process of reviewing your proposal. We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

5 Likes

Sorry guys, I missed to reply to you.
Thanks for your answers.

1. The 2.5x compared to the 12x is definitely interesting. I have been reading more about duplicities of dApps inside blockchain ecosystems and that seems to be the way an ecosystem should grow and improve. We need competition inside the chain so that the best survive and are capable to compete (healthy competition) with dApps on other chains. That is what drives improvements and evolution.

2. That sounds reasonable and it’s good to see you are having a plan and ambitions. As I got these treasury backed protocols are ideal for adding layers of products on top due to that treasury feature.

Thanks again for you answers and I am keen to see what the team decides.

2 Likes

Attention! this is Scam!

3 Likes

My pleasure to answer you. If you are interested in the project, please join our discord and share your thought on our planning. Every contribution count and we also had an advisory group to support us in making community decisions.

Cheers,
8IGHT Finance

2 Likes

Thanks Dr Lecter! Let me know if you have more feedback to our UI or product!

2 Likes

This project is one of three ohm forks I like, another two are euphoria and onedao. They have clear roadmap and innovation above ohm original. I hope harmony foundation to grant fund to this young project.

2 Likes

Also some sugguestions here, why not run a telegram channel and also make twitter marketing more proactivley like onedao?

2 Likes

Great project created by great team. The devs work very hard to deliver the roadmap on time. They also listen to feedback from the community. The project is still in the early phase but have such potential to grow!

2 Likes

Indeed we are working toward the marketing strategy to support the telegram channel and twitter campaign in line with our roadmap.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see what this has to offer! An organized team that is ready for the future. Has great goals, clear set roadmap, and has been communicating effectively with the people invested to keep the up to date with what is happening! I did have questions when I first invested but people were quick to help me out and make sure I was set and alright. Great set of devs trying to bring some more light to the growing harmony ecosystem.

1 Like

This project has the most responsive team I’ve seen out of the 20 other ohm forks I’ve been in.

3 Likes

I’m pretty glad I found this project as they have been very transparent with what they are building. Great community to be involved in because it was grown naturally. I’m really excited to see where this project goes in the future because I can see there are a lot of community members that want to stick with this project. The team has attracted people to get involved from the start and because of this most have stayed. I can’t speak for any of the other ohm forks on harmony but Eight has a great team with a great product behind them

1 Like

Great team with a well defined vision and smooth app. Growing in the right direction

1 Like

It’s worth adding that the team is really working on onboarding more people in the harmony chain. Their initiative to airdrop tokens to Avalanche users damaged by the SnowBank/SnowDog events is proof of that.

Because of the airdrop dozens of people used harmony chain for the first time.

I’m sure the team will keep investing in bringing new users to Harmony.

2 Likes

I would like to apply for Pulsemoon. We are building a ecosystem. We aim for longevity and to onboard bsc users to the upcoming new Pulsechain. At the same time we bring awareness on the new innovative blockchain. We have a strong community and are launched since 22 october 2021.
We dont aim for a pump and dump we only aim to get in real believers that stand strong together to help our ecosystem. Fully developing our upcoming moonpad for exclusive certified projects.

Would love the hear everyone’s tought on this.

Much love
Christophe
Pulsemoon.io

Looks interesting so far and team is always ready to answer your questions.

Hi! A very enthusiastic and extremely persistent team. Harmony should also be grateful to them, as their SnowBank airdrop compensation campaign has attracted many new people to the chain, who have expressed their extreme satisfaction. They are likely to become active participants in the chain.
Good luck and staying power to the team!
May the force be with you!

1 Like