DeFi: The Gods!
Play to earn, open world MMORPG. Community supported and driven Game-fi project.
DeFi: The Gods! Is a classic style, open world MMORPG built on the Harmony blockchain. Starting in Harmonia, players will have to skill, battle and quest their way across the lands in search of strength and resources as well as allies! We utilize NFTs and DeFi to create a fair environment for players to control their own gaming experience by voting through Guilds, fair trade of their items, resources, characters and tokens.
- Initial Champion NFT sale on our website. This will be the entry to the game. (Done)
- DeFi: The Gods! Mini-Game where players can earn non- liquid $DENARI by questing their NFTs and use an in-game marketplace to stock up on boost items in preparation for game launch. (On Going)
- Token launch with Unite Finance in June. (On Going)
- Idle quest Mainnet
- Users playing and earning from Mini-Game
This project was created on the basis that it would be community funded and driven. We are very close to finishing the mini-game idle quest series and are about ready for testnet. In just 2 months we will have live-action PvP. We are seeking funds to assist with development and to earn the respect of Harmony’s community through successful grant proposal and project.
We are looking for $50,000 USD worth of $ONE Tokens, which should be split into portions and released by milestones:
- Launching Mini-Game contract on test-net = 10k
- Form a multisig (ideally 5/9) = 10k
- Launch Mini-Game to mainnet = 10k
- After 1k daily active users (with video launch and full PR promotion) = 10k
- After 10k daily active users (with detailed roadmap and governance process) = 10k
How funds will be used
Metrics for Success
DeFi: The Gods! biggest asset is its community. Comparatively, our metrics are great. Out of 1200 NFTs sold so far we have almost 500 unique holders! Fortunately MMORPGs have a large audience that will continue to grow.
MMORPGs are categorized further into revenue models, Free to play(F2P) and Pay to Play(P2P). Further, Pay to Play can be subdivided into One-Time Purchase, Subscription, or Hybrid. The average one-time purchase is $36, while subscriptions are $15/mo. The average player spends $229 on in-game purchases (Sullivan 2020). This is outside the one-time payment or subscription structure of games. These expenses are made with no hopes of gaining a return on the players money, unlike the potential of the GameFi industry. This presents a massive opportunity for spending, especially with the ability for players to have ownership and tradability in-game.
In 2018, 13.5% of those who played video games or watched eSports gamble once a week or more (Macey et al. 2020) among the same group an average spend of US$108.27 was reported. In traditional sports betting, 12% of adult Americans bet once a week and 14% of bettors say their average bet is $100 (Front Office Sports 2022). Contrary to expectations there is no relationship between the consumption of video games and esports betting activity (Macey et al. 2020). This presents an avenue for growth and revenue.
- Hire Artists, Developers, and Web Designer to create the minting website. (DONE)
- Complete NFTs and Website, release minting to the public. (DONE)
- Hire more developers, artists and team members. (DONE)
- Complete the whitelist of the first 500 wallets to hold Champion NFTs. (ON GOING)
- Launch Token through ICO and IDO. Add staking and LP rewards. (ON GOING WITH UNITE FINANCE)
- Hire more artists and Unity developers with proceeds from ICO.
- Begin Beta testing.
- Release playable version of DeFi: The Gods! to the public. This will PvP in the PvP Dungeon under Harmonia’s Castle.
- Receive feedback from the community about gameplay and make updates according to the results of the feedback.
- Continue growing our team by adding artists, Unity developers, full stack developers, writers, musicians and more depending on the team’s needs.
- The core team will outline the specifics of the DAO that will run the game/community and decide how voting will work in the community and on our team. We will then work on writing contracts for Guild.
- Deploy Guild structure.
- Continue growing the team and game through voting in the DAO
- MORE TO COME
Website- DeFi: The Gods!
Discord- DeFi: The Gods! Official
Players connect wallet after clicking play
Players must click “Choose a Champ” to start a quest.
Players will then pick the Champ they would like to quest with and begin their quest. This page will be updated slightly before finally release.
Players will be able to spend rewards on items in the market and much more!
Live Action Game Assets (Sneak peaks)-
Our Champion NFT minting website is already live on Mainnet and the Mini-Game will be live this week (May 23-28) after some testing. All assets are done on the art side. Coding is complete as well. We are just setting up UI and testing!
We strongly believe that NFTs and DeFi are the future of gaming. Gamers can take control of all their characters, assets and gameplay. And we believe Harmony is the perfect place to do it. We are providing a unique experience to Harmony by bringing back the classic fantasy style open world MMORPG with GameFi.
For our core contributors, please check out the “About” page of our website. DeFi: The Gods!