The GetBlock team would like to apply for the Harmony Grant to:
- Deploy a custom block explorer designed for the Harmony blockchain.
- Maintain and update the Harmony blockchain explorer in accordance with further developments.
GetBlock.io, a service that provides instant API connection to full nodes from many leading blockchain platforms, started its operations in 2019. The mission of the GetBlock project is to ensure cost-effective tools and infrastructure that will help enterprises and individual developers to build high-quality blockchain applications faster.
GetBlock is among the leaders of the Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) segment: its instruments are utilized daily by thousands of users worldwide. Their clients can get their wallets, DEXs, bots, games to 40+ blockchains via an intuitive API-powered dashboard.
Besides providing access to shared and dedicated nodes, GetBlock can empower businesses with other products, like custom development services for enterprises and startups or raw data for certain top blockchains. Also, the GetBlock team can create a customized explorer for every blockchain and dApp.
A blockchain explorer allows users to view the information contained in any block in the chain, from the genesis block all the way up to the most recently created block. It can be used to check transactions from any address, look at transaction history, and view and verify the contents of smart contracts. Block explorers are essential for blockchains because they allow users to navigate through a complex field of information that is unreadable in its raw form.
GetBlock will build a multi-chain block explorer that combines the most popular cryptocurrencies. Harmony will become one of the first projects that will have a block explorer built and promoted by the team.
Harmony Block Explorer by GetBlock will provide similar functionality to Etherscan (the most widely used block explorer in the Ethereum community), along with an improved user interface so that anyone can understand what information is being displayed. It will be built with a minimalistic design along with intuitive features with a comprehensive result of anything that is searched.
The real-time UI will provide updates as they happen on the chain. Actual information on balances, blocks, transactions, mempool size and so on will be displayed by interactive tables and schemes and can be easily analyzed.
The blockchain explorer will be powered by GetBlock nodes, which guarantees accurate and actual data.
The roadmap is split into three milestones and it takes about 5 months to complete the block explorer MVP. It can take up to 1-2 additional months for organisational moments and discussions.
Milestone 1 (2 months):
- Researching the Harmony node API and documentation. Architecture planning;
- Determining basic and extended data sets. Selection of tools for data processing;
- Deployment of a cluster with an archive node;
- Deployment of additional services, such as Cassandra, Nats, Redis, Clickhouse;
- Preparation of mockups for frontend;
- Planning and creation of tables in databases;
- Building a service for data aggregation;
- Interface prototyping;
- Development of design layouts;
Milestone 2 (2 months):
- Development of services for parsing initial data from a node and loading it into a database;
- API development for frontend;
- Development and configuration of policies for autoscaling;
- Configuration of applications included in the system;
- Active testing of all system components;
Milestone 3 (1 month):
- Bug fixing;
The project team consists of:
- DevOps department (2 developers)
- BackEnd department (2 developers)
- FrontEnd department (2 developers)
- Design department (1 designer)
- Administrative department (2 PM and 1 PO)
We are unable to disclose the names of our employees due to the NDA.
50K in USD for deployment, operation and maintenance of the blockchain explorer for Harmony, including machine costs and human resources. GetBlock will continuously support the operation, maintenance and upgrade of the Harmony Blockchain Explorer.
The launch of the blockchain explorer for Harmony will provide users with accurate and actual data contained in any block in the chain.