Grants: Space Misfits - Massive Multiplayer Game

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Space Misfits

Application type

Grant

Proposal overview

Space Misfits is a 3D Massive Multiplayer Play to Earn Space Game. Combining both NFT integration along with play to earn through our own native ERC20 token. Players can mine, craft, trade and fight for scarce resources and explore the universe.

We are currently in Beta with a fully playable multiplayer build with NFT integration and play to earn mechanics. Currently not live on Harmony and in development to move our ERC20 token to HRC20 and integrate Harmony into our game. We currently have 5k active users in our community and with our next release hope to reach 10k within a few months.

Our milestones in the next 6 months is to go to market and grow our player base. We believe we are very close to strong play to earn mechanics once we move our ERC20 to HRC20 and allow our players to spend and earn our native token in our game.

We are looking for at least $250k to scale our team and expedite our roadmap along with funding to develop and scale on Harmony.

Our biggest need or gaps would be just guidance on migrating our token to Harmony and working with Harmony smart contracts so our players can use our web app to exchange and trade with other players.

Proposal ask

$250,000 - will consider equity round and private token sale

Metrics for success

20k DAU
$2M in transaction volume

External links

Whitepaper - https://spacemisfits.gitbook.io/space-misfits-whitepaper/

9 Likes

This is awesome. Could you please tell us more about the BITS in game currency? Will these be erc20 tokens on Harmony? How are they acquired and used in the game? Apart from the token are there any other features of the game that are on-chain?

6 Likes

Hi SpaceMisfits

I have just looked this up on youtube, looks like an awesome game. Out of interest because i’m really excited about this, which chains are you currently available on, i could only see Enjin. Would this be a cross chain game?

I would love to see something like this on Harmony. I love the idea of earning passive income from your space station and the flight dynamic and shooting look pretty cool.

Best of luck

5 Likes

This looks awesome! We definitely need more Play to Earn (P2E) games on Harmony!

Def a big +100 from me!!!

6 Likes

Space MisFits: Community Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • More info needed
0 voters

For “More info needed”, please Reply to ask your question

BITS and SMC are a ERC20 token that will be bridged to HRC20.

BITS is a utility token used for a lot of consumables in our game like fuel, ammo, crafting, etc…

SMC is both a governance token and used to buy ships, modules, turrets and other items that are crafted in the forge and sold in the player marketplace.

BITS can be earned in the game and SMC you must acquire on a DEX or earned in events or special giveaways.

Players who hold our Blueprint NFTs are able to craft ships in the game. These crafters need BITS in order to build ships, turrets and modules. Selling these crafted items will yield them SMC in return.

SMC will be also a governance token and will provide future staking opportunities on Harmony.

4 Likes

We are currently on Enjin Jumpnet using it to mint and transfer NFTs gas free. We would use Harmony as our solution for our ERC20 to bridge our ERC20 and utilize HRC20 to mint our BITS and SMC tokens into players wallets.

5 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that!

3 Likes

I would really love this game being on Harmony ONE, it’s a real play to earn game without any pay to win element, where many players can come in and enjoy a really powerful low poly graphics that also provide a really good experience in any +10 years old computer. That also brings the game the possibility tu scale up, develop things really fast.

They are seeking for building up their in-game currency token which is being turned into a real token so it 100% fits ONE as a top choice for building it up.

I experienced many other play to earn games and I’m really in love with this one, I’ve been since the start of the project with them and haven’t seen them have any single issue with their community plus they always take care of the players really closely, I invite you all to play it and meet the players around, experience the game current potential and get an idea too.

I think it will be really positive for Harmony too since more people gets used to ONE and get a better view of its current state to build up this kind of big gaming projects into.

5 Likes

Hey guys first time poster here. Space misfits is a very expansive space game. I have followed their work since they started raising funds on kickstarter. The game has really developed over the past year and im finally getting to fly around collect resources dodge missiles and earn at the same time. Ive been really enjoying the experience so far. I would love them to use harmony as eth fees and transactions are slow and expensive. Being a game i want and need to be able to transact in a speedy cheap manner in order to really get the best gaming experience. Harmony would enable this. Cheers.

4 Likes

This is a great move for Space Misfits! The game is so incredible fun, but the Ethereum blockchain is a huge bottleneck. Moving the game currency to Harmony will be a huge benefit, and help propel the game into the stratosphere.

3 Likes

An open-world multiplayer “GAME” that rewards players for their time and efforts while they’re having FUN among a diverse and multinational community, what else a gamer would want? :wink:

From my personal experience, when someone enters NFT gaming he’she gets really disappointed because if you set aside play-to-earn factor, playing isn’t fun as it’s supposed to be but it seems like real labor, which it results a huge gap between traditional and play-to-earn gamers.

“Space Misfits” is among a few gaming projects on blockchain that has a fundamental value and in the near future, it’ll surely be able to CLOSE THE GAP between NFT gaming and traditional one, which is a MULTI BILLION DOLLARS industry because not only players can earn while having fun but curious investors can invest in something that’ll be so huge and can give them BIG ROI or pretty safe passive income if they choose that.

It has a passionate community which is growing constantly especially in recent months and the gameplay is getting even better every time they’re releasing an update.

I have introduced the game to so many of my gamer friends already and everyone of them loved the concept of it and play-to-earn factor, which is going to be the future of all games.

I’m really glad that I saw that yt video some months ago and found this HIDDEN GEM which is being discovered more and more every single day.

Can’t wait to use my BITS and SMCs on Harmony which is super-fast, secure and last but not least; nearly gas-free! :ok_hand:

Plus the funds will help people earn in places that would make a huge difference, investors get big returns and players to have fun among a helpful, fun and passionate community.

Best luck to SM, really hope you get it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Space Misfits is actually one of the very few play to earn games that have a working game and is fun to play. Building on Harmony is much needed since an ERC20 token killing the economy of the game and make it unplayable. Hope to see a cool partnership soon :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah we need more P2E

2 Likes

this game is simply amazing.

2 Likes

I played a lot this game since the alpha the alpha in the mining zone and the new rogue release is awesome, the team is working really hard on development and they are delivering great content in the game, although I have the feeling that the issue with transaction fees of ETH is slowing the development of play to earn mechanics, in my opinion moving their ERC20 token to Harmony will help the team to overcome the burden of Ethereum fees and transaction speed, it will be a huge game changer and will bring many more new players that right now may be held back by the high transaction fees of the Ethereum chain.
Also I want to add that with the right marketing this game will explode in term of player base and this will bring many benefits to Harmony too, think about Solana, it was almost a unknown chain, then Star Atlas was announced and Solana adopters numbers and price went skyrocket.
The future of gaming is crypto-gaming and right now Space Misfits is a well developed and solid project, it made high player numbers even with so little marketing, this is a good organic growth and one of aspects I like most about this project: they are focusing on content and development before marketing, just imagine when marketing and promotion will seriously start how many new user will come, it will be incredible.

2 Likes

For me personally Space Misfits was THE breakthrough where I realized that there is more in the playtoearn space than just some annoying games where you have to repeat tasks which aren’t enjoyable for a long time.
I’m a huge MMO fan and although I always tried different space games, non of them really suited me. After I played Space Misfits and their new “rogue” gameplay i was surprised that you can literally play a space game for several hours and you still have goosebumps if you enter a new area and the enemies are already waiting to try to kill you.
Like some other people mentioned already: One of the main brakes this game has to release are the huge gas fees of ethereum. If they can solve this problem and can finally implement their own tokenomics this game will start flourishing like it deserves to.

Of course the game is still in a very early development stage, but even with the little amount of content they have available for now it already feels really satisfying and also sometimes a little bit too addictive.

Why I think that harmony is a really good choice for their tokenomics (maybe even the best choice):

• the really fast transactions will enable the game to do realtime trades with ingame assets, no unnecessary waiting for a transaction to be accepted
  • the additional possibilities they get with cheap transactions will leverage the game even if no new players will join the game
  • if the Space Misfits tokenomics can finally start and can be traded on an exchange I’m pretty sure that this will allow the development team to integrate even more ways to enjoy this game.
  • the harmony community could really benefit from a game with such an awesome development team, maybe they can even bring a lot of new ideas to the game and with the help of the additional community the game could become one of the strongest movements in the playtoearn space

Whatever the future is holding for this game and for harmony, in my opinion both of them need way more attention and I think one way of creating that additional attention is by linking these 2 projects together.

3 Likes

Approved for $50k under “Launches” track.

1. 500 Launches ($20M). Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each: $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet, $10K after mainnet launch, $10K after forming a DAO with its community, and $20K for after 10K users.
1 Like