Launches: Harmony Play $HPLAY

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Harmony Play

Application type

Product Launch

Proposal overview

Harmony Play is a play-to-earn NFT gaming platform designed to provide the users with a fun experience by playing very known and popular games, collecting $HPLAY and NFTs, this token allows them to buy special items, play exclusive tournaments, beta test new games and make some profits along the way.

Harmony Play aims to be the greatest play-to-earn game platform on the Harmony blockchain while letting their users enjoy being a part of a vast universe, the thrill of strategic, fun, gameplay, and of course, earn $HPLAY, our HRC-20 Token.

We are live on mainnet, we already deployed 2 games (blackjack and 2048), next month we will be delivering the P2E engine and start distributing ingame prizes and creating tournaments.

At this moment (Nov 19th) we have:

• 150+ visitors per day
  • 70+ holders
  • 350+ Twitter followers

We have a team of 4+ developers available to work on this project provided by our investor Velantic Investments and our partnership with Innvo Digital.

Next milestones:

• Game 2048 release (Play to Earn) - December 2021 - in progress
  • Listing our token on websites like nomics, coingeck, cmc, etc - December 2021 - in progress
  • Game Blackjack release (Play to Earn) - December 2021 - in progress
  • Player rankings and prizes distributions - December 2021 - in progress
  • Partnership with NFTs projects - under research

Management Team

Renato Preti, CEO (Strategy Leader)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatopreti/

Anderson Vieira, CTO
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andersonsimoesvieira/

Proposal ask

$50k

Justification

Our platform has the potential to bring thousands of news users to Harmony. Our Play2Earn mechanics allow that any metamask user play games and win prizes (locked by 1 year) without any friction. After the locking period, to claim the prizes, they will need to create a Harmony wallet to receive our HRC-20 token $HPLAY.

Metrics for success

5,000 daily active users

External links

https://harmonyplay.one
https://twitter.com/harmony_play

7 Likes

Harmony network will grow day by day and a lot of project will join to harmony network . This is one of them and I’m seeing they have a big potential. I hope they make it.
then let’s deal the cards : )

6 Likes

This is an excellent start to an exciting project!
Very impressive! and clearly a lot of room to grow from here!

I’m curious how you plan to maintain transparency with the odds/chances and game mechanisms which your games will use?
For both building community trust as well as fighting any arguments that regulation should be needed in this space.

^^ Does this mean that 100% of all winnings made on your platform are locked for 1 year? Can you speak more about this?

Or perhaps if you have thoughts about the tokenomics of the $HPLAY token?

I think the Harmony Ecosystem would be lucky to have your team building Games like these on Harmony!

Thank you @velantic and team!

3 Likes

Hi @eddnorris ! Thank you so much for your message.

Right now we are working and discussing some points for publishing our whitepaper, it will be important because we want to convey to the community the way we think and see this project. I have been following crypto for a few years and many projects end up not delivering anything and the founders are not known, we are different, we cannot guarantee that the project will have adoption or that it will be really cool (although we will work hard for that) but we can guarantee that you will see serious and committed people delivering all the time.

But let’s get to your points:

1. “I’m curious how you plan to maintain transparency with the odds/chances and game mechanisms which your games will use?
    For both building community trust as well as fighting any arguments that regulation should be needed in this space.”
    → A very important question. On our platform we will not allow gambling (at least in a first stage). We want to avoid any regulatory problems in any country and also because even if we make the source code available, the only way to really transmit transparency would be to be audited frequently by companies specialized in gaming and the project doesn’t have the financial conditions for that at the moment, or at least, it wouldn’t be the best use of the money thinking about investors and holders.
    Users will only be able to earn tokens, so we believe that at least in the beginning this won’t be a problem, but we will always be on the lookout and thinking about how to give as much transparency as possible.

Even in games like blackjack or poker, there will only be championships and bets will only, perhaps, be allowed in a future where the project has financial strength and partners with experience in the segment.

1. “^^ Does this mean that 100% of all winnings made on your platform are locked for 1 year? Can you speak more about this?”
    → Yes, tokens received as prizes on the platform will be locked for 1 year. This is due to two main reasons:
  • Protect holders as for this project to be successful we will need two large communities: holders and players
  • Give our team time to develop more mechanics and incentives for people to use the tokens on the platform itself, buying entries for championships, NFTs, special items, etc and also basic functions like Staking and LPs.

We’ll always be listening to the community and we want players to have the best experience possible and we don’t rule out the possibility of revising this lockout period in the future if we’re losing users because of it.

About Tokenomics, we can only speak what is already public on the site, but in a few weeks we will publish the whitepaper giving more clarity to everyone, until then no new token will be put into circulation.

On the whitepaper we also want to make it clear that this project has a mantra, KEEP IT SIMPLE, and it will be very clear in the way we do things. We don’t want to reinvent the wheel or remake something that someone in the Harmony community has already done or is doing, we want to join with them through mutually beneficial partnerships, we believe that this way our project and others will have a better chance of becoming a success.

Once again, thank you so much for your comments, I hope to be able to talk to you in the future.

3 Likes

I really like the gaming and earning idea but I think it may be too hard to get the users with 1 year locked rewards thats a really long time

3 Likes

Hi @Frans , thank you for your feedback, we will be following very close to make sure the model is good for both holders and players.

I like the gaming. The app also worked fine on mobile so i can play while being outside.

1 Like

It’s good for investors but I agree that 1 year feels too long. Like 3-6 month would be ideal in my opinion

2 Likes

Thank you!! Hope you enjoy!!

1 Like

Yes, we are aware that 1 year can be too much, but in other hand users will receive for free. We really need to start the prizes distributions to be able to monitor the users behavior and hear community feedback. thank you so much!

1 Like

I found it while searching for gems on the Harmony network. It’s a good project that I think has a future.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your comments.

We’re just getting started, there’s a lot of good things to happen

Thanks for the proposal @velantic

This proposal fits best to the Launch grant based on the guidelines at Apply for Grants or DAO so we need to make sure your metrics for success match the milestones from the guidelines:

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit.
We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet,
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs,
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit,
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion),
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process).
Moreover, we recommend a 5-out-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO.

In all cases, we ask for 3-month exclusive campaigns with Harmony before more porting with other chains. We also offer follow-on investments – see 50 Investments ($20M) above; but, at the moment, you must have an outside, lead investor for us to match the funding terms. All codes, development materials and production assets must be fully open, preferrably with MIT or BSD licences; weekly updates must on sent on forum; and, all server deploys or mobile apps must be easily clonable.

Can we agree to the above terms?

4 Likes

Hi @giv thank you so much for your reply.

We can definitely agree on these terms, it’s really important for us to be close to the Harmony team.

We would just like to have some communication channel with the Harmony team because as we are a gaming platform, many users will come without even knowing what crypto is or what Harmony Net is, so of course we will work on educational videos and tutorials but some cooperation and joint actions would be interesting discussions in the future.

We will be releasing our whitepaper over the next 20 days along with the first play to earn features. We are also working on a new interface with more Pixel Art, there is a lot to come and for us to have a relationship with you will be fundamental.

Thank you very much and I will be available at any time for video conferences, and chats.

Best Regards,

Renato Preti

1 Like

Great, thanks for confirming.

Approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out on the with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Funds will be released upon completing these milestones

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

4 Likes

Thank you @giv !! Great news!!

2 Likes

Congrats. Looking forward to the finished product :clap:

1 Like

Hi @giv we already launched our product on mainnet so I guess this step is done.

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet,

You can check at https://harmonyplay.one

We probably already have 1k daily active users, how can we provide proof of this?

Please let me know if you have any questions.
In case payment is approved, please send to our multisig safe. Address can be found: https://docs.harmonyplay.one/guides/harmony-play-usdhplay/project-multisig-safe

Few updates:

• We have now more than 575 holders
  • More than 1.5k Twitter followers
  • Nearly 1k Discord members

And we keep growing.

Thank you so much. Best regards.

1 Like

Hi Velantic,

Glad to see you have achieved this milestone. Congrats. You can prove this by providing a screenshot of analytics for the website which shows daily active users and engagement.

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi @giv any updates on this one? Thank you so much!