Harmony Dao Ghana(Meetup series)

BUILDING A (DAO) COMMUNITY OF HARMONY ONE DEVELOPERS AND USERS IN GHANA

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

MEETUPS (FIRST QUARTER)

The rapid digitization transformation and the emergence of blockchain community has brought about a dramatic change in the way of doing business and shaped opinions across the world.
The speed ,
lesser costs of transactions, and transparent elements involved in the blockchain ecosystem has made adoption necessary, and Harmony blockchain is viable network to consider for building a platform to scale up, and use as crypto currency for means of doing business and many projects could be onboarded on the network for its ease, transparency, scalability, and disruptive nature to catch up with the rest of advance economies.
The world is witnessing amazing innovations, especially in the field of technology, the global fintech landscape is over $300 billion, Nigeria and Kenya are the leading provider of fintech solutions in Africa. Our projects as Dao Ghana under Harmony blockchain will provide boost and give capacity for nurturing talents for the emerging IT and fintech based solutions in Ghana and Africa at large.

A  PROPOSAL FOR       BUILDING A COMMUNITY OF HARMONY ONE DEVELOPERS AND USERS IN GHANA. 

The rapid digitization transformation and the emergence of blockchain community has brought about a dramatic change in the way of doing business and shaped opinions across the world.
The speed ,low costs of transactions and transparent elements involved in the blockchain ecosystem has made adoption necessary, and Solana is viable network to consider for building a platform to scale up, and use as crypto currency for means of transactions locally and internationally.
WHY THE NEED FOR HARMONY ONE COMMUNITY DEVELOPERS AND USERS OF IN GHANA?
The unique model of Harmony blockchain such as its speed, secured and open source network is a valuable asset for Africa to embrace and accept for usability and doing business and to deliver social services to the citizens and corporate operations.
As Harmony blockchain vigorously pursue a project of expanding worldwide and desire for adoption in the competitive business environment, Ghana and Africa has fertile talents and human resources to tap into and be able to fashion out innovations and solutions in blockchain technology. By the leveraging of scalable programs on Harmony network for African problems with African solutions , like paperless port , revenue mobilization ,electoral arrangements and payment systems for institutions, myriad of challenges could be addressed for ease and development to take roots in Africa.

HARMONY ONE MEETUPS

SERIES IN GHANA

The meet up series is part of Harmony Ghana DAO’s project to create an awareness and education about Harmony Blockchain, stimulate interest and conversation among the youth, students ,especially software developers, entrepreneurs and policy makers .
The series will be held in all 16 regions of Ghana. For the first quarter of 2022, we are focussing on the region of Kumasi, to give and allow for effective and efficient implementation after which an assessment and evaluation will be made for the subsequent events and projects by the Harmony Dao Ghana team.

MEETUP GOALS
1To introduce Harmony Blockchain to the Ghanaian community
2. Establish Harmony community of software developers in Ghana/Africa
3.Establish Harmony Dao ecosystem in Ghana
4.Encourage adoption and usage of Harmony ONE crypto for B2B transactions
5.Build a social media community of Harmony ONE enthusiasts, advocate and users in Ghana.
6.Establish headline events under the Harmony Dao Ghana by way of promotion and marketing activities.
6.Establish a network of Software students to participate in Harmony Hackatons.
7. Harmony Dao Ghana to establish a tech hub to train software developers
8.Lobby for policy and government to adopt blockchain and crypto transactions in Ghana.
9.Create a vibrant social media following for Harmony Dao Ghana

MEETUP SCHEDULES
1 KUMASI Technical University
2.Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana.
3.Kumasi Hive
4.Weezy Academy, Kumasi, Ghana.
5.Kumasi Technical University, Kumasi, Ghana.
5.Kumasi Technical Institute, KTI, Kumasi, Ghana.
7.Radio interview, Fox Fm, Kumasi, Ghana
9.Radio Interview, Luv Fm, Kumasi, Ghana.
10Breakfast meetup, Kumasi Mall, Kumasi, Ghana.

Team
1.Alhassan Yaminu (Lead)
Social entrepreneur, crypto advocate, digital media and content creator, founder, Sadaqount, (crowd funding NGO)
Kumasi, Ghana
2.Kadira Ouro Djobo
Professional teacher, (financial advisor)
3.Laila Alhassan
Co-founder, Tertiary Link, digital media consulting services.
4.Mustapha Zaidan- IT consultant, computer programmer.
5.Adams Saeed Abdallah
Media practitioner, social analyst

Proposal ask
A sum total of $29,000 is an estimated amount for the implementation of our first quarter of Harmony Dao Ghana meetup series.
BREAKDOWN
1 Transportation $7,500
2.Logistics=. $5000
3.Branding and printing =$5000
4.Event space rent. =$1,500
5.Stipends for 5x$75. =$600x10=$6000
6.Media and publicity $2500
7.Miscelaneous. =$1, 500
8Total. =$29, 000

Justification
In view of the demand for urgent acceleration of mass awareness, education and information of blockchain technology, Ghana needs to catch up with the rest of the world in the world tech, Harmony ONE is a platform that would allow for the mass awareness and education of blockchain and crypto to the young people, especially developers and software engineers. The adoption of scalable apps and projects on the Harmony ONE network is an opportunity that would change and shape the landscape of IT and disruptive innovations.

Metrics for success
By the end of the first quarter of the Harmony Dao Ghana meetups series the following success should be achieved.
1.Succesdul creation of local chapters of Harmony Daos on 3 university campuses, Kumasi Technical University, Kwame Nkurumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi Hive.
2.Mass awareness of Harmony one blockchain and crypto in Ghana.
3.A vibrant social media community and following.
4.creation of network of Harmony software developers, users and entrepreneurs and enthusiasts.
4.creation of local Harmony Dao co-ordinators to support Harmony Dao Ghana activities in Ghana.

External links
Twitter/ https://twitter.com/GhanaDao/status/1481841642197950469?s=19
Facebook /
Redirecting...

1 Like

Please we need your inputs and support to get our proposal through.

Go Ghana! So happy to see proposals coming out of Africa. You have achieved great progress and the energy is there!

I messaged you on telegram about the proposal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! @ep2338 We here in Ghana and at Harmony Dao Ghana are taking great inspiration from you and your team in East Africa

1 Like

hey @Alhassan_Yaminu ,

I’m really excited to read this amazing vision on how devs are important for Harmony. That’s great that we have such a huge support from Africa.

What I also read here that you propose to have a series of events for devs in Ghana. Following this I’d like to share a few suggestions on how you can move this things forward.

Option 1 - Connect to Africa DAO and discuss with them possible ways on cooperation with more events in Ghana.
cc @ep2338

Option 2 - You may want to review our frame for events, organise speakers around harmony and submit your event proposal to Events - Harmony Community Forum

Option 3 - If you want to go the way of a DAO specifically for Ghana, then we have a specific frame for regional DAOs.

=================================================================================

FYI:

There are several important waypoints to set the DAO which be funded accordingly:

• Clearly Written Mandates
  • 9 Governors
  • Clear Deliverables for the first 3 months
  • Clear Metrics for the first 3 months
1 Like

Hello @Alhassan_Yaminu -
Thank you for this proposal. I believe you have connected with @DTB on other on-going initiatives that are being working on in Ghana right now. I am very encouraged by the work and traction that is happening right now in your part of the world. Keep it up, my friend!

Regarding this particular grant - I am going to ask that you restructure it as an “Events” grant. From the /Apply page you will see:

1. 10+100 Events ($10M). Organizers of each event follow our templates to bring in new builders. Harmony has success with Gitcoin, DoraHacks, ETH Global and DevPost with $2M+ campaigns. We recommend hosting our own quarterly hackathons with $1M prizes each, sponsoring $100K workshops for industry-wide conferences, giving $50K keynotes in regional events, and empowering 100 local organizers – with $1K budget for a 20-attendee 2-speaker event, or $5K for 50 with 4 speakers, and $10K for 100 with a co-sponsor.

Reviewing your proposal, it looks like you are planning on doing 10 events. If you believe you can get 20 attendees at those events, this particular grant request seems pretty straightforward.

I am going to deny your DAO grant (as it isn’t the right category anyway) without prejudice (which means you can feel free to resubmit) and ask you to resubmit this grant request as an Event grant.

My thanks! I look forward to seeing what you build in Ghana!

Sam Harrison

1 Like

Assalam o alaikum @Alhassan_Yaminu! What @Sam proposes makes sense, and it is a quick and efficient way to get this running. We can work on putting this together super fast. How about we do the meet-ups in different places such as business incubators, etc? You could then liase with @DTB to create awareness of what he is building up. There is compatibility here, let’s find a way of making it work between all parties :slight_smile: Let’s build from here, and see where we can take it, as Ghana is definitely becoming a web3 hub in West Africa.

@Sam, @Alhassan_Yaminu and I have been talking a lot, and I have to say I am very impressed by his personal commitment to his project. His energy will definitely add a lot enery to Ghana :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are encouraged and motivated by way of your constructive suggestions on how to make our proposal and project get the needed support, we would surely heed and get back to drawing board to restructure and submit @ep2338, @Sam, thanks!

Thanks @Alhassan_Yaminu and @ep2338 - I appreciate it.

I agree that business incubators can be an important component to you meet-ups, but I wouldn’t avoid the universities. It is easy to find free venues at universities, students are always looking for free pizza, beer and t-shirts and they tend to be a little more open to trying new things than the stodgy bankers (not a blanket statement, but you get my point.)

At the end of the day, though, you are our expert on the ground. You will know best how to get the most for your money and how to spread Harmony locally the best.

Thanks!
Sam

2 Likes